Date Night

(Y/n) Lang sat on his bed staring at his phone, waiting for a text from Kara to tell her when she'd be nearby.

The boy jumped out of bed, startled, as he heard a knock on his window. He quickly turned and saw Kara with her arms wresting against it. He shoved his phone into his pocket. She was wearing her supergirl uniform.

(Y/n) quickly opened the window and smiled at Kara. "What are you standing on?"

"Nothing" Kara replied with a smirk, causing the boy to roll his eyes. "No! Really" she grabbed the boy by the arm and quickly pulled him out of the room. He yelped and quickly held onto Kara as she floated and held him close against her.

(Y/n) held tightly onto Kara as he looked down. "I'm afraid of heights Kara!" He yelped, not even bothering to state the now obvious fact that she was like Superman.

"Oh come on!" Kara laughed at the boys expense as she tightened her grip on him. "I've got you... and my whole date plan relies on flying you around"

(Y/n) whimpered as he leaned the side of his head against Kara's chest and tried to forget that they were flying. "You look good by the way" he tried changing the subject to distract himself.

"Better than in overalls?" Kara asked as she looked down at him.

"No" (y/n) shook his head as he let out a breath. "Alright, alright I think I'd be okay with trying more flying now... just take it slow"

Kara leaned her head down and kissed the top of the boys head. "That's my brave boy"

"Don't be weird about it. Just do it" Kara nodded before slowly starting to ascend towards the sky.

"You know I'm kinda annoyed you aren't freaking out about me being an alien" Kara laughed as they kept rising.

"I'm to busy freaking out about how high we are" (y/n) replied as they continued going up, soon getting above the clouds. "Woah" the nerves seemed to let up once the ground was no longer visible.

"See? It's not so bad" Kara laughed as she used her super speed to reposition them. She was now flying forward instead of upward, one arm by her chest with (y/n)'s arms wrapped around it to keep him from falling and one arm pointed ahead in the classic Superman pose. "You're secretly loving this aren't you?" She asked as she watched the fear leave the boys face.

(Y/n) shook his head as he kept holding onto Kara as they slowly sped up more and more.

"Oh stop lying to yourself" she smiled down at him and he returned a nervous smile. "We'll be down soon enough. Promise"

(Y/n) nodded as he tried his best to relax and just enjoy the time cuddled up to Kara. Her natural warmth being the only thing keeping him warm up so high in the cold weather.

"So how come you decided to show me your powers now?" Kara looked down at the boy who seemed to be trying his hardest to keep his mind off of his fear.

Kara shrugged, the sudden movement freaking (y/n) out. "Well you did give me my name. And you're my only friend, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about all of this"

"Friend?" (Y/n) asked as he looked up at her.

"Don't worry, that can change" Kara smiled back at the boy. "We seem remarkably compatible"

(Y/n) smiled to himself at hearing that. "I've been thinking that for a while too"

"Yeah I had guessed that" Kara replied with a laugh. "We have what I would assume to be a lot of physical contact for two straight people"

"You assume correctly" (y/n) replied as he looked over at Kara.

"Here we are!" (Y/n) quickly looked down and saw they were landing atop a water tower which had on it basket which he assumed held food. "Quick yeah?"

(Y/n) nodded slowly. "Yeah, yeah it was" Kara gently straightened them before placing (y/n) on the ground and landing beside him. "Not as bad as I thought it would be either"

Kara smiled widely before she sat down in front of the basket. "I'm glad you think so. Now sit. I brought burgers, just as you like them" (y/n) smiled just as widely as Kara before sitting down across from her.

Kara opened up the basket before pulling out two wrapped burgers, handing one to the boy. He quickly unwrapped it before taking a bite out of it. "Mm. More meals like this and I'll be all yours"

"Good, I flew all the way to Coast City for these. Supposed to be some of the best in the country" Kara smiled at her friend as she also unwrapped her burger. She took a bite and smiled. "Definitely worth it"

"Definitely" (y/n) agreed as he took another bite of his burger. He looked across at Kara before using his free hand to pat the spot beside him. "Come sit here and cuddle me" Kara quickly smiled before scooting over and leaning her head on (y/n)'s shoulder as she took a bite of her burger.

They were silent for a moment before (y/n) spoke. "So what's your deal?" Kara gave him a confused look. "I mean your backstory. Obviously I don't know it like I thought I did"

Kara gave him a sorry expression causing him to shrug. "Well first off my name is Kara Zor-El, not Kara Kent. I come from the same planet as Superman, and no I won't tell you yet who that is. He's a relative or mine and-"

"It's your cousin, Clark" (y/n) replied.

"Wait that quickly?!" Kara asked as she crossed her arms and looked up at the boy.

"Well he's your cousin right? And I know he was adopted, mom told me" (y/n) shrugged as he took another bite of his burger.

"Yeah..." Kara considered her next move. "I feel like I should probably let him know you know... but let's just keep that our secret for now"

"Whatever you say" (y/n) shrugged as he wrapped his free arm around Kara and pulled her closer to him.

—————————————————————

Once the date was over Kara flew (y/n) back to his home. He was much more calm now that he had eaten and grown more tired.

Kara held the boy in her arms as she flew them through the still open window. Kara placed him on his bed. "You have a good time cutie?"

"A great time" (y/n) replied with a smile as he pulled Kara to make her sit next to him.

"So..." Kara started, earning (y/n)'s attention. "I don't really know how human relationships work" (y/n) motioned for her to go on. "What are we now? Are we boyfriend and girlfriend? Lovers? Are we engaged-"

"Let's go with boyfriend and girlfriend" (y/n) quickly cut in before Kara could start asking if they were married. "From what I've heard there's usually some more flirting and dating before that but we know each other well enough that we could probably just skip that tedious stuff"

Kara smiled widely before leaning forward and quickly kissing (y/n) on the lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist and kissed back.

After another moment of kissing the two separated. Kara slowly pulled away before standing up. "I guess I'll see you in school tomorrow" she smiled as she began floating backwards towards the window.

(Y/n) smiled back at her and nodded. "See you tomorrow Kara Zor-El" she blew the boy a kiss before turning around and flying out the window, using her speed to close it behind her.

Word count: 1351

(I figured the tenth chapter would be good for the first date. Thoughts on this chapter and the story so far? Things you like or would like in the future?)