A Short Chapter To Tide You All Over For The Next Few Days

"Partners... partners" Kara ran her hand through her boyfriends hair as she tried to think of people she could team up with. "Who could have my back... more importantly what heroes are there around here?"

"Kara you've been thinking about this for days. I regret even suggesting it" (y/n) groaned, prompting Kara to just pat his head calmingly.

"I don't want to be caught off guard again!" Kara replied as she quickly heard something somewhere outside. "Gotta go" and she was gone.

(Y/n)'s head fell and hit the couch cushion Kara had previously been sitting on. "Hmph" he huffed before his phone suddenly started ringing.

The boy sighed before pulling his phone from his pocket and answering without bothering to look at it. "Lang Loans. I lend you money and you pay back double"

"Does that ever work for you?" (Y/n) quickly sat up as he heard the voice of his sister.

"Not as of yet but we're expecting to take off soon. What do you need big sis?"

Sara seemed to take a minute before answering. "Well as it turns out working in the same city as dad lives was a mistake"

"Told you" (y/n) was quick to reply. "You finally see I'm right?"

"Not the time. He just pissed me off and I went into work with a temper... I got fired"

"Lasted longer than I expected" was all (y/n) insensitively said in response. "So what do you need from me?"

"Well I already told mom but I'm moving back home" (y/n) just shrugged even though she couldn't see. "That's not a problem is it?"

"My home is your home. Literally in this case" (y/n) replied as he glanced out the window, wondering when Kara would be back. The two were silent for a moment. "It'll be good to have you back"

"Aw!" Sara's reaction immediately made the boy regret his words. "You do care!"

"Not at all" (y/n) replied. "Mom is just extraordinary cool about me and my girlfriend and I need someone to gross out with our PDA"

He could basically hear the girl cringe at the idea. "Well it's gotta be better than watching Mom and John Henry"

(Y/n) shrugged. "They're not that bad"

"I know. It's just weird seeing mom kiss someone who isn't dad" (y/n) once again just shrugged at that, he didn't see the big deal, it wasn't as if his mother and father had shown any affection for each other as long as he could remember. "Want me to bring you back anything from metropolis? Things I can get past airport security"

The boy quickly grew excited. "Yes! Some-"

"You'll have to pay me back"

"Never mind then" (y/n) shook his head before quickly remembering the scary amount of money he had recently found in his wallet. "Actually yeah. I'll pay you back" may as well put that money to good use.

"Huh. Alright" Sara spoke before prompting (y/n) to tell her what he wanted.

—————————————————————

While all that domestic stuff was happening Kara was helping stop the meltdown of a nuclear power plant.

Once that was done she was quick to fly back to (y/n)'s home only to find he was gone once again. "Damn it" Kara shook her head after trying and failing to call the boy. He'd show up eventually she knew, it was just a matter of time until then.

Kara used her super speed to change out of her costume and into her overalls before sitting down on the couch and grabbing the TV remote.

Word count: 654

(Passover starts in a couple minutes. Feel free to leave any questions and I'll answer them as soon as the first days are over and I'm able to. Planned to get more done this chapter but a long car ride with crappy cell reception got in the way)