Aftermath

Kara Kent screamed in pain as she woke up, her face feeling like it had just been put through a shredder. She reached for her face but found her hands caught by those of her cousin. "I- my face!" She screamed as she cried, the tears stinging as they touched her ripped up face. "Wh- what-" she couldn't speak anymore as she cried.

"You're in the fortress of solitude" Clark spoke as he squeezed her hands comfortingly. "You were exposed to red kryptonite, it made you hurt people" Kara quickly shot her head up only to scream as it hurt her. "Nobody died, Batman is taking care of them. I used the fortress' systems to burn the red K out of your system"

Kara nodded, glad to hear that. "My- my face?" She whispered as she continued to cry which continued to her her more.

"Your cat ate some X-K. It gave him powers and he defended them from you" Kara cried harder as she heard that, knowing she probably would have crossed the line if not for the feline. "I'm going to get you healed up okay?" Kara nodded slowly as she became quieter.

Superman grabbed a black mask and put it on the girl, it covered everything and she needed to use her X-Ray vision to see.

Clark quickly flew Kara into space. Her screams of pain at the movement silenced as they entered the vacuum.

Kara watched as they approached the sun, the closer they got the less she hurt and the more she could feel the suns rays being pulled to the black mask and into her face.

After a few minutes Kara let out a silent sigh of relief. She looked up at Clark and nodded. He smiled before flying Kara back down to the fortress. He slowly pulled off the mask and looked her over. "Still a lot of scratch marks but the wounds are closed" he spoke as he watched Kara reach up and feel her face.

"I barely remember" Kara whispered as she felt her face. "That kryptonite, what did it do to me?"

"Red Kryptonite brings out all the negative emotions of a kryptonian and suppress' the positive ones" Clark explained as he watched Kara. "It was made by Lex Luther and I thought I had flung the only piece into space"

"It fell from the sky" Kara whispered as she nodded. "I destroyed it" she wiped her tears away. "What did I do Kal?"

Clark sighed. "You put Nia in the hospital, she almost bled out" Kara stifled a sob. "(Y/n) was lucky enough just to make it out with a minor concussion"

Kara shook her head as she leaned into her cousin. "I've never been in full control but-" she sniffled. "But this was different" she shook her head as she slowly remembered more and more. "I was so angry, I had full control and no control"

"I know" Clark nodded as he put his arms around the girl. "I had the same thing happen to me"

"How do I even go about apologizing?" Kara asked as she buried her face into the symbol on her cousins chest. It still hurt a bit but not enough for her to stop.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) Lang watched as the Flash finished fixing his home in a couple seconds. All the damage that Kara caused was now fixed. "Alright" Wally spoke as he put down his hammer and looked over the wall which had just had a hole in it. "I think that looks pretty good!"

"Definitely" (y/n) nodded in agreement. He handed the hero a bottle of water which was quickly emptied.

"Thanks" Flash spoke before something in his suit started beeping. "Gotta go. Adios" he was gone in a quick flash of color.

(Y/n) stood there for a moment before hearing a meow. He looked up and found Streaky floating up and onto his head. "Hi Buddy" he spoke as he quickly reached up and pet the cat. The boy felt a wave of nausea at the sudden movement but he ignored it and it went away.

After a moment his hand went back down and he walked over to the couch. He sat down and closed his eyes as he tried to ignore his aching head.

The boy felt streaky leave and he clutched the left arm of the couch as he tried to ignore the worsening headache.

He could feel the temperature in the room drastically dropping and a moment later his head fell back as he passed out.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) groaned as he woke up. He opened his eyes and realized he had at some point been moved to the bedroom, the walls of which were currently covered in ice and the floor was covered in snow.

He groaned again as he slowly got out of bed. The door slowly opened and without even thinking about it his arm went up, shooting out a beam of ice and freezing his girlfriends chest.

"Frost?" Kara asked as she glanced down at her frozen breasts.

"I- for a moment I guess" (y/n) replied as he glared at the girl. "Are you-" Batman and told him about the red kryptonite but he didn't know if she was still affected.

"I'm not going to hurt you" Kara answered the unasked question as she reached into her jacket pocket, she was once again wearing her hero outfit and her face was covered in scratches, and pulled out a small black box. "Catch" she lightly tossed it.

(Y/n) caught the box without even thinking about it and looked it over. He opened it and Kara gasped as she started feeling the cold of the ice that she was in.

"Kryptonite" (y/n) spoke as he looked the rock over.

"It- its in case this happens again" Kara shivered as she fell to her knees. "Close- close it"

"Hm?" (Y/n) asked as he glanced down at Kara. "Oh. Right" he nodded before closing the box. "Sorry"

Kara quickly flexed and the ice broke off of her. She continued to shiver as she started to slowly stand again. "We cool?" She asked quietly.

"We're cool" (y/n) replied as he slipped the box into his pocket.

Word count: 1062

(Been meaning to give him some Kryptonite for a while now)