Crest

Kara Kent sighed as she put her backpack down on the ground as she arrived back at her boyfriends place after school. "Just one more month of this. Thank Rao" she smiled as she then placed her boyfriend back on his feet.

"Thank God" (y/n) agreed as he placed his bag down next to Kara's. He walked to the couch and quickly kicked it, startling the sleeping girl on top of it awake. "You slept through school again"

Nia groaned as she slowly got off the couch. "At this rate I'm not even going to graduate"

"Then you could drop out and come join me in Gotham!" Kara spoke as she floated past the two and towards the kitchen.

"We'll call that plan B" Nia yawned as she rubbed her eyes.

"You'll be fine. You've got better grades than I do" (y/n) pat the girl on the shoulder before following Kara towards the kitchen.

"Except in French" Nia replied with a huff.

"French isn't going to hold you back" (y/n) replied before coming up behind Kara who was looking in the refrigerator and wrapping his arms around her waist."isn't that right Mademoiselle Kent?"

"Oui Monsieur Lang" Kara replied as she leaned back into the boys embrace.

"You two are disgustingly cute" Nia spoke as she entered the room and walked to the coffee machine.

"Merci beaucoup" (y/n) replied as he gave Kara a kiss on the top of the head before pulling away from her and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"So what's the plan for the rest of the day?" Nia asked as she finished making herself a coffee and sat down beside (y/n).

Kara sat down a moment later, reheating an entire pizza pie with her heat vision. "I'm gonna eat this"

"I think she meant after that" (y/n) rolled his eyes as he watched Kara take a bite out of the pizza pie. "I was saving that"

"Eat it with me!" Kara said excitedly as she took another bite. "Lady and the Tramp style!"

(Y/n) shook his head. "Get a bowl of spaghetti and I'll do that but I'm not eating half a pizza pie"

"Wimp" Kara taunted as she took another large bite. "But as for today I was gonna go hero around town. You're more than welcome to join me"

Nia considered this before shrugging. "Sounds like a plan"

"It's a date" Kara spoke before realizing what she said and looking at (y/n). "I have a date with Nia. Jealous?" She of course knew because of Frost that the boy had a bit of a crush on Nia, not that he'd ever act on it.

"It's not a date" Nia laughed as (y/n) just replied with "just a bit"

—————————————————————

After Nia and Kara had gone out (y/n) lay on the back porch, quietly tossing a baseball in the air and catching it just before it hit him in the face.

"Hey kid!" The boy turned his head to see John Henry Irons emerge from what was once the barn but now seemed to just be his workshop. "I finished it"

The boy was quick to stand up, leaving the ball on the ground as he did. He walked quickly to the barn and followed the large darker skinned man inside. "So what did you make me?" He asked excitedly as he looked around for whatever it was he was about to be given.

John Henry walked over to his workbench and picked up a metal recreation of Kara's family crest, the same size as the one on Kara's super suit. "Got a little help from the big guy on this one. Kryptonian tech" he threw it to the boy who quickly caught it. "Stick it to your shirt"

(Y/n) looked down and stuck the symbol in the middle of his chest. "What now?" The boy asked as he looked back up at his soon to be stepfather.

"Put your hand on it for five seconds and then put your arm out aimed at the training dummy" the boy did as instructed. "Now make a fist" the boy once again did as he was told and suddenly a yellow beam of energy shot out and sent the dummy flying.

"Woah!" (Y/n) let out an almost maniacal laugh as he quickly shot at the dummy again, once again sending it flying. "This is awesome!"

"I'm glad you think so" John Henry spoke as he watched the boy send out a couple more shots. "That's not all it does though"

"Oh?" (Y/n) quickly turned to look at the man.

"Try slapping that table" John Henry spoke as he motioned to a table that used to be in the house back when (y/n) was a kid.

(Y/n) shrugged before walking to the table. He quickly hit it and it broke in half. "Oh I could get used to this" he smiled widely as he hit it again, breaking it even more.

"Figured you could use something like this" he spoke as he pat the boys back. "And considering the company you keep I figured the crest would be the perfect design"

"I love it!" (Y/n) nodded quickly before John Henry showed him how to turn it off.

—————————————————————

"(Y/n)?" Kara entered the boys room and was surprised when she didn't see him. The door quickly closed behind her and she was startled when she was pushed onto the bed. She turned and was surprised to see her boyfriend. "Oh haha. Very funny"

"Did I scare you?" (Y/n) asked with a laugh as he sat on her held her arms still. She tried to move them but was surprised when she couldn't.

"What's going-" she spotted the crest attached to the boys shirt and smirked. "That's partially kryptonian tech"

"It is" (y/n) replied as he leaned forward and kissed Kara quickly.

"And it's giving you super strength?" The boy nodded. "we are going to have so much fun with that" again the boy nodded.

Word count: 1033

(If you can't tell the thing John Henry gave (y/n) is based on the eradicator)