Robbery

Kara Zor-El listened and watched carefully as she flew high above the state of Kansas. She knew she had dropped her phone somewhere, she just couldn't figure out where.

Suddenly after another moment Kara finally heard something, although not what she had expected. "Silent alarm" she muttered before quickly zooming down towards where she heard it.

Just as Kara entered through the open bank doors she quickly found herself hit with the coldest feeling she had ever had. She didn't even have time to act before she found her head encased in ice.

She screamed so loudly and at such a high frequency that the ice began to crack. She quickly lifted her hands and punched the ice, forcing it to break and fall to the ground as she gasped for a breath of air, air she had never needed before yet she still found comforting.

After that moment it took her to get back to her senses she quickly looked around with her X-Ray vision only to find that whoever had done this to her had already escaped.

"Oh no you don't!" she growled before flying outside and continuing her search. "Must have been Killer Frost!" So that's who she looked for.

—————————————————————

"She just vanished!" Kara declared, sounding exasperated. "One second she froze my head and the next she's gone! It's not like she has super speed"

"Maybe you need someone to watch your back out there" (y/n) replied as he put his arm around Kara.

"I'm not taking you out there to fight crime" Kara quickly replied.

"I never wanted to" (y/n) was quick to add. "I'm no hero, I date the hero. I have no disillusionment about that"

"Oh" Kara nodded. "Alright good" she kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "Then what did you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Hero stuff is your thing, I'm just here to look pretty"

Kara smirked before climbing into the boys lap. "While I agree that you do look pretty I'd also appreciate some help from that big brain of yours. Now tell me what you're thinking"

(Y/n) shrugged and watched as Kara got comfortable. "Get a partner... a crime fighting one I mean"

"Like Clark?" Kara asked with a confused expression.

"That's up to you" (y/n) shrugged once again. "Although I'd think he's to busy for that"

"Yeah" Kara nodded slowly before remembering something. "Oh! That reminds me-" She quickly reached into her pocket and pulled something out. "This is for you!"

"What is it?" (Y/n) asked as he took the little silver thing that was the size of a lighter. He flipped up a little cover to reveal a red button.

"An ELT. In case you get in any freaky situations like you did yesterday" she replied as she pointed to the button. "Press that and it'll emit a high frequency sound that only I can hear. If I don't answer then press the button on the other side and it'll be able to be heard by Clark or any other Kryptonian that happens to be around"

"There are other Kryptonians?" (Y/n) asked only to get a reply in the form of a shrug from Kara.

"Point is keep that on you at all times. And only use the bottom button in an emergency" Kara gave him a stern look.

"Yes ma'am" (y/n) leaned forward and kissed Kara. "I appreciate it Hon"

"Of course you do" Kara smirked. "I'm a very thoughtful gift giver, any boy would be lucky to have a girl like me"

"You're very modest too" (y/n) rolled his eyes as Kara giggled a bit at his sarcasm. Sarcasm was a very human thing and she absolutely loved it. There was no sarcasm on Krypton.

"Aw come here Sunshine" Kara kissed the boy again one more time as she leaned into him. "We're supposed to meet Nia in half an hour"

"The burden of having friends" (y/n) replied before pushing Kara off of his lap and onto the floor.

"Ow"

"Oh that didn't hurt and you know it" (y/n) rolled his eyes at her dramatic expression of hurt as he stood up.

"Jerk" Kara muttered as she crossed her arms.

"But you love me for it" (y/n) replied as he grabbed Kara by the overall straps and pulled her to her feet.

"Maybe" Kara replied simply as she dusted herself off and followed the boy as he walked to the closet to grab his jacket. "Oh, is that new?" She asked as she looked at a familiar looking coat.

"Uh- yeah. Yeah I bought it while blacked out" (y/n) replied as he grabbed the blue jacket and put it on.

"Looks like the one Killer Frost wears" Kara commented as the familiarity finally made sense. "I don't like it"

"That's what I first thought too. It's growing on me though" (y/n) nodded as he closed the closet. "Ready to go?"

"Suppose so" Kara shrugged as she took her boyfriends hand in hers. "Let's go"

—————————————————————

"I thought supergirl said it was Killer Frost?" Wally West asked as he looked at the security camera footage that they were looking for.

"She didn't get a good look before her head was frozen" Batman replied as he also looked at the footage. "And she's to used to thinking of earth as primitive to consider looking at the security cameras"

"Is that why we're looking at these?" Wally asked only to receive a nod from the dark knight. "Well she may be onto something. These cameras are ancient"

"Maybe so. However they're still clear enough that I can tell that's not Frost"

Wally quickly turned back to the footage and nodded. "The hair is to short. How many other ice villains are there"

"To many" Bruce replied simply. "However they hardly ever operate in that area of Kansas. Not enough to steal"

"This is probably someone new, inexperienced and hoping to keep away from us" Wally finished the man's sentence with a nod.

Word count: 1012

(Thoughts? Favorite scenes?)