Ultra Part 2

It had been a couple hours and Kara was yet to return or even pick up her phone. (Y/n) had even used the ELT she had given him but she wouldn't even respond to that. That was when (y/n) knew for sure that something was wrong.

(Y/n) glanced at the ELT again and flipped it over before popping open the lid on that side. Kara had said only to press this button if he really need Superman or some other kryptonian besides her. This had to fit under that condition right? (Y/n) quickly hit the button.

It was only a matter of seconds until Superman was standing in the living room and (y/n) turned off the device. "What's the matter?" Clark asked as he glanced around for any sigh of evil.

(Y/n) spoke so quickly that Clark was glad he had super speed. "Kara went to help someone JJ trouble and she didn't come back. It's been two hours. I've called, texted, and even used the ELT. She's just gone"

"Calm down son" Clark put a hand on the boys shoulder. "Have you checked the news yet? The internet? Superhero sightings usually get covered in some form or another" (y/n) quickly shook his head. "Then let's do that"

(Y/n) was quick to get out his phone and start searching while Clark grabbed Lana's computer and did the same while also using his super hearing to try and find Kara.

"She was spotted two hours ago fighting the Ultra-Humanite" (y/n) quickly spoke as Clark turned to look at him. "She flew him away from downtown and that's all it says"

"She's not ready to fight him" Clark shook his head. "He'll expect me to come looking for her. His lair will be lined with lead and he'll have devices to stop me from hearing through it"

"So how are we going to do this?" (Y/n) asked as he watched the man of steel think.

Clark was about to argue that (y/n) would stay here but he knew that the boy would probably go off on his own and try to find Kara which could just put him in more danger. "We're going to get some help. Come on" Clark motioned for the boy to follow as he started walking to the door.

—————————————————————

Kara groaned as she began to wake up. She felt like she had been hit by a bus on a planet with a red sun and then gotten choked out. She was even seeing red. Wait... red?

Kara quickly looked up and groaned as she noticed that the only light in the room was red and no doubt made to mimic the properties of a red sun.

Kara looked down and noticed that her legs and arms were all chained to the wall. At least they were padded so they weren't completely uncomfortable.

"Ultra!" Kara yelled although she had no clue if he could hear her. "Let me power up and fight me like a man!" The loud noise didn't help her headache but she ignored it.

It was a moment before the oversized door opened and in walked a woman, followed by the albino gorilla himself.

Kara squinted as she looked at the woman, she was familiar looking but she didn't think she'd ever met her. Maybe it was someone she was warned about? "Greetings. How are you liking our little prison dear?" Kara's eyes widened, that was definitely the woman who's voice was in her head yesterday... or she assumed it was yesterday. How long had she been out?

"I've been imprisoned in worse" Kara answered honestly with a shrug

"I've been imprisoned in worse" Kara answered honestly with a shrug. "The red sun light is a bit annoying"

"Yes I would imagine you would see it as a nuisance" the villain shrugged as she walked closer to Kara. "But I must be certain that you're drained of your powers"

"Why?" Kara asked as she glanced back at the Ultra-Humanite who was being uncharacteristically quiet.

"If I were to give you time to come up with a plan of your own you'd surely find a way to escape. I've learned that much from your cousin" the woman spoke as she looked Kara over.

"My cousin?" Kara asked. "I know you from somewhere don't I?" She asked as she continued to stare at the woman. "This is driving me crazy"

"I'm certain you do" the woman replied as she drew her dagger and placed it against Kara's exposed stomach. Kara winced as she felt it carefully cut her, although not to deep.

The woman held up the dagger and looked at the blood that now shone on it. "Not enough. You still have yellow sun radiation in your body" she put the dagger away before turning around. "I will return shortly" she quickly waved her hand and it felt like the red sun lamps had intensified.

Kara's eyes widened as she finally connected the dots. "Circe" Kara spoke as the woman walked to out door and the Humanite followed. "You're Circe. Diana told me about you"

Circe didn't respond. Instead she just waved her hand and the door closed behind them, leaving Kara in the room alone.

Kara sighed as she sat down on the floor and looked around for anything she could possibly use to help her escape. She had no doubt that there were spells and other such devices here to stop her but she would put that to the side until she no longer could.

But why was the Humanite acting so strangely? Kara wondered to herself. Was he under Circe's control? Everyone knew she was good at controlling men but something still felt off about the whole situation.

Word count: 979

(I'm enjoying this arc. I'm not usually good at anything but romance but I think this is actually pretty decent)