Waking Up

(Y/n) Lang woke up with a yawn. He turned expecting to see Kara beside him in the bed but was surprised to see nothing. He glanced at his phone on the nightstand and tapped it. His eyes went wide as he realized it was a week later than he last remembered it. "Ugh" he groaned, hoping nobody would make a big deal about it and hoping he could just pretend everything was normal.

Once out of bed the boy dressed himself. He walked downstairs to the kitchen. Sara was sitting at the table drinking a cup of orange juice. "Morning"

"Morning" (y/n) replied as he offered her a smile. He prepared himself a bowl of cereal before sitting across from her.

They were silent as they both ate. The silence ended after another couple of minutes when Sara finished her toast and orange juice. "So what's your plan?"

"Hm?" (Y/n) asked with a confused look.

"Talk to Kara about your feelings or pretend that Frosty The Snowman wasn't filling in for you over the past week?"

"Pretend" (y/n) replied with a shrug as he ate another spoonful of cereal, finishing the bowl.

"You're an idiot" Sara rolled her eyes as she threw away her plastic cup and paper plate.

"How's that?" (Y/n) asked with a frown.

"You're holding in all your emotions and it's going to ruin your relationship" Sara spoke as she turned to once again look at the boy. "It's a pattern you seem to fall into again and again and again"

"Yeah yeah" (y/n) rolled his eyes.

Sara was now the one to roll her eyes. She left the room and the boy behind.

—————————————————————

Kara Zor-El held the back of the car up so that the owner could swap the tire which had become flat thanks to a pothole. "Thanks Supergirl" he spoke as he finished.

"No problem Mr. Sparks" she replied as she gently put the car back down. "I'm going to get to fixing the Smallville potholes tomorrow. This is the ninth time I've had to do this in the past couple weeks" Kara didn't know how she'd do that but that was a problem for tomorrow Kara.

Kara quickly flew up in the air and looked over the town. She determined that there was nobody else currently in need before flying back towards the house she had been building. It was proving to be more difficult than she had imagined it would be.

The barn had been the easiest thing to build. It was just a barn after all. She had just asked a Pennsylvanian Amish community to teach her how to put it up and she was good to go.

The outside of the house had been built, it was a classic Smallville style house, much like the Kent and Lang houses but bigger and newer. She still had no clue how to set up the wiring or water. She may need to ask some leaguers about that.

She flew into the house and quickly changed into her overalls before walking back outside. She turned to look at the house again as she placed her hands in her pockets. She was fully aware of the boy who had been walking towards the house for a while now.

"It's looking good" (y/n) spoke as he walked up beside his girlfriend.

"You sort out your feelings?" Kara asked without looking at the boy.

(Y/n) shrugged. "Not consciously. However I do feel better about all this so something must have changed in my head"

"Good" Kara said simply.

"So..." (y/n) was silent for a moment. "What have you been up to over the last week?"

"Supergirl stuff" Kara shrugged. "Becoming more involved with the smaller stuff in Smallville"

"Oh? That sounds nice" (y/n) said as he looked over at Kara who was still looking at the house. "Like filling in potholes and stuff?"

"That's tomorrow" Kara replied as she finally looked back at the boy. "You said you'd tell me if you were uncomfortable. You didn't"

"I didn't" (y/n) replied simply. "I didn't want to let you know I was having doubts. I thought I could suppress it"

"We're going to be living together!" Kara blurted out angrily. "It's normal to have doubts, and given how you aren't the only person in that body you definitely can't just hold them all in"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment before nodding. "I realize that now" he spoke uncomfortably. "I-" he was silent for another moment. "I'm going to start going back to Black Canary for therapy"

"Really?" Kara asked with a confused but happy tone. "That's-"

"Yeah" he sighed as cut her off and he rubbed the  back of his head. "Just don't make a big deal about it. Okay? I'm already regretting this decision"

Kara was silent as she nodded. "Okay" she slowly took the boys hand in her own. "I won't mention it unless you do... even if I am proud of you for making this decision"

"Right" the boy shook his head. "Can we just act like everything is normal right now?"

"Alright" Kara nodded once again. "Want me to show you around the house? It's empty but I think you'll like it. More Kansas than Krypton since I figured you'd like that"

"It sounds perfect" (y/n) replied as he squeezed his hand in hers. "I'd love a tour"

Word count: 936

(Don't know why I've written so much drama lately. Guess I'm just in a mood. Should hopefully be some more cute stuff to come)