We Match

(Happy new year!)

Kara Kent-Lang lay in bed, she had woken up in the middle of the night feeling scared and jumpy. She ran her hand through her husband's hair as she looked over at him. Whatever had freaked her out hadn't affected him, perhaps it was in her head.

Kara sat up and sat still until suddenly she saw something drop down from the ceiling and land on her lap light as a feather.

Kara stared wide eyed, trying to figure out what to say as the girl sitting on her stared into her soul with her masked eyes. "Hi baby" Kara put her arms around the girl who quickly hugged her back.

"You didn't answer your phone" Cassandra Cain-Wayne muttered into Kara's neck as she was held there, Kara's hand rubbing her back.

"And you got tired of waiting?" Cassandra nodded. "I'm sorry" Kara whispered into the girls ear before she pulled away from the hug. "Can I?" Cassandra nodded, seeing what Kara intended to do.

Kara reached forward and lifted Cassandra's mask off of her head. The fifteen year old kid that she had been when they had last seen each other had been replaced by a woman who was now older than Kara. Cass had simultaneously grown more beautiful and more deadly looking.

"You got old" Kara spoke without thinking which in turn caused Cassandra to laugh.

"It had to happen at some point" Cassandra spoke with more confidence than Kara had ever heard in her voice.

"Still short though" Cassandra huffed and crossed her arms. "Don't worry, it's cute"

Cassandra just leaned forward and into Kara's body again. "You're just a giantess"

Kara shrugged as she pat the batgirls head. "That I am. But that doesn't mean you aren't also short"

Cassandra rolled her eyes but smiled as she held on tighter to Kara.

"You want to sleep here tonight?" Kara asked after a moment of this hugging. Cassandra nodded and as Kara lay back down Cass lay beside her so that Kara was between her sleeping husband and the batgirl.

"Goodnight" Kara spoke to Cass who quickly replied with the same word.

—————————————————————

Kara woke up in the morning to the feeling of (y/n)'s hand gently shaking her shoulder. Her eyes shot open and gave him a glare. "What?" She whispered as she let out a small yawn.

"Why is there a bat in our bed?" He whispered back as he pointed to the sleeping Cassandra that was cuddled into Kara's side and holding her tight.

Kara didn't reply for a moment as she remembered what had happened last night. "Jealous?" She asked with a smirk as Cass, who was probably awake at this point, tightened her grip on Kara and cuddled closer.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes. "What do I have to be jealous of? You have a crush on Nightwing, not Cass"

"Right but look at her" Kara whispered back as she nodded towards Cass. "She's adorable and she's cuddling your girlfriend's half naked body. You're jealous"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment until Cass finally decided to show that she was awake by letting out a little giggle at the conversation. "You two are a weird couple"

"That we are" (y/n) replied with a nod as he reached over and pat Cass' head. "Long time no see"

"Five years" Cassandra huffed, not letting go of Kara. "I got tired of waiting and decided I'd come"

"Right" (y/n) nodded slowly. "How did you get all the way here?"

"Batwing. I parked in the barn" Cass replied as Kara got out of bed, pulling Cassandra with her as she clung to Kara like a sloth.

"Oh" (y/n) spoke with surprise as he watched Cass stare at the new scars that littered Kara's body. She had of course noticed them last night but now they were even more prevalent.

"Cass?" The girl looked up at Kara's face as she said her name. "Can you stop staring at my tits and get off so I can get dressed?"

"No" Cass spoke harshly as she clung to Kara even harder. "Staying right here"

Kara gave an inquisitive look to Cass before looking to an amused (y/n). "I'm not going anywhere Cass"

"You were scared and hurting all night" Cassandra spoke softly. "You feel better when cuddled. So I will cuddle"

Kara's face softened when she heard those words. She let out a sigh before giving Cass a one armed hug and kissing her forehead. "Thank you. But wouldn't you be more comfortable doing this when I have my clothes on?"

Cass considered that for a moment before shrugging. "Don't care. A body is a body, nothing to be uncomfortable about"

"I can see you staring at my scars Cass" Kara rolled her eyes as she stared down at the little adult.

At those words Cass finally dropped off of Kara's side and landed on her feet. She quickly lifted her shirt halfway up so her heavily scarred stomach was also bare. "We match" she spoke with a kind smile.

Kara let out a small laugh at that as she took a moment to look Cassandra over. This little girl had been through so much before she had even been able to talk and here she was trying to comfort Kara for something that she had done to herself.

"We match" Kara agreed with a nod, prompting Cass to lower her uniform shirt so she was covered once again. "Thank you" she put her arms out and Cass once again jumped into them. "You're a good friend"

"Super Friends" Cass replied from where her head was leaning against Kara's chest.

"Right, Super Friends" Kara let out a small chuckle at how juvenile their team name sounded. It was a nice reminder of what had been, and what will always be. "Want some breakfast?"

"Yes please!" Both Cass and (y/n) spoke at once as (y/n) jumped onto Kara's back so she had a person hanging both in front and behind her.

Word count: 1029

(What do you all want to see from this book this upcoming year?)