1 Month Later

(This is the first chapter I'm writing on my new IPad so if the anything looks a bit different then that's why)

It had taken a month but finally Kara Kent-Lang and her husband had found a new place to call home. Houses in Smallville didn't go on sale often but unfortunately one of the older farmers had passed away, leaving a farm unoccupied by the edge of town. It had been the perfect home for (y/n) and Kara.

Now Kara had taken it upon herself to paint the interior, the action comforted her for whatever reason. The sky blue paint that she was currently using on the attic walls was quickly becoming one of her favorite colors. It was a bright and cheerful color which helped to keep her cheerful, especially now when she was struggling with making herself emotionally stable.

"Hey" Kara quickly looked down from where she was floating and smiled at her husband as he tried to avoid looking up her skirt while still looking up at her.

"We're married" Kara laughed as she floated down to stand beside the boy. "I wear this skirt specifically so that you look up it"

"Oh, okay" (y/n) nodded as his eyes met Kara's. "I made lunch"

"Thanks!" Kara quickly snatched up a PB&J sandwich from the plate in the boys hand. "Appreciate it babe" she had grown to like the sandwiches after weeks of making them for her niece and her husband had noticed. 1

"You're welcome" (v/n) replied with a smile."How's it going up here?" he asked as he looked around the room.

Kara shrugged as she bit into her sandwich. "I'll need to make a quick fly to the hardware store for some more paint, otherwise it's fine"

(y/n) nodded. It had taken a long time to get Kara to go outside, it was nice to see her now volunteering to go out on her own. "Alright. Any new job leads yet?" it was an abrupt change of conversation but it had been on his mind all day.

Kara shook her head. "Not yet, sorry" she let out a nervous laugh, she'd have to get a new job at some point but she kept putting it off, she hadn't even started looking yet. Her husband though was under the impression that she had. "Soon, promise"

"No rush" (y/n) shrugged as he watched Kara continue to eat." how about we catch a movie with Nia?"

Kara hesitated for a moment. She had yet to see anyone outside of the family since they had gotten back. "How about we just watch something while we cuddle in bed?"

(Y/n) sighed but nodded again in response. "Sure, you realize thought that you can't hide away forever right?"

"We'll see" Kara was the one to sigh this time. "Can we discuss something else? Please?"

He just nodded again in response. "Of course. come on" he took Kara's hand and dragged her down the stairs. "let's watch that movie and cuddle"

Kara let out a giggle before nodding. "Let's" she agreed as she squeezed the boys hand.

Word count: 564

(takes to long to write on here with the Apple Pencil. Fun though. This chapter is so short because I got tired of how long it was taking. Probably gonna go back to writing on my phone)