Chapter 6:-Unexpected Desicions

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"My brother has the best sister in the world." - Unknown

It's been half an hour I am sitting beside Mum

It's been half an hour I am sitting beside Mum. This is so boring, it would have been better if the judge would have given me 2 hours to overthink. This would have been solved by it.

What am I thinking?
Rubbish!

I realized a few minutes ago that all my brothers have come to Lucknow for this case. They sat on the other set of benches in the courtroom. I could only recognize Eshaan and Darsh as I only met them till now.

They all had that cold demeanor, some even felt like they didn't want to be here. Who the heck called you guys?
They weren't even speaking to each other throughout the case.

They were all elegantly dressed. I guess my genes didn't inherit this character from them! No one even tried to look at me, which I was grateful though cause I could take a clear picture of them in my mind.

I don't feel like meeting them. Whether it was Eshaan or it was Darsh, they both looked unapproachable adequately. They occasionally, like today, turned out to be good. But I indeed didn't feel like speaking to them.

Both sides of lawyers were putting up their proofs and arguments. It was suffocating at times. Usually, they would have inquired me of with whom would I prefer to live and I would have easily settled on 'Mum over everyone'. But the case here is different.

I have never seen one of the sides. I have never seen my biological family nor was I aware of their existence. That's why now everything is relying on the judge and the lawyers. Woah! What a life have I got? Extraordinary.

I was just handling it because of Mum otherwise for sure I wouldn't have been seen here. I hope the judge doesn't put up a further date for this. I just want to get over it. Wanna really break some bones for sure!

I have prepared myself to accept Everything by saying 'It's Krishna's choice and I trust him.'

"By keeping all the shreds of evidence and arguments in sight, I would like to announce that in the case of Samaira Singh, we would like to award special guardianship to both parties. Since Mr. and Mrs. Singh had raised the child since birth but are not her biological parents so we would like to shift all her legal rights to her biologicals. The physical custody has been awarded to both of them, they can decide it by mutual agreement. From now Samaira's guardianship has been awarded to Mr.Zian Malhotra. The case will be checked for further progress. The court is dismissed."

Shocked

Utterly shocked

What did just happen? How can they win the case? Now I'll be under the guardianship of a stranger?

No this can't happen! It's a bad dream for certain.

Why did this happen to me?

I looked over at my surroundings. Mum was crying her eyes out while my sister was comforting her. Father was shaking hands with a person whom I assume to be Zian. That too with a smile on Father's face.

Since When did they become friends?

"Harsh" I looked over to the source of the voice. It was Mum. " I am so-so- sorry my child, I tried my best but still-I failed it. I couldn't fulfill my promise-"
Before she could speak any further, I hugged her tightly. Tears welled up in my eyes.

I can't see her like this.

"Shhh... shhh, it's not your mistake Mum. You tried your best to win this case. You did everything. You are the best Mum. You are the best" The last sentence was not more than a whisper. I tensed my hold over her.

I started despising my brothers more after this. Whatever you say, they haven't got any right to make my mother cry. Upsetting her would be the worst sin they could ever do.

Father came towards us with a smile on his face saying"Come on we need to head home, she needs to pack her stuff as well."

I shot my best glare at him while he just walked away indifferently.
Don't curse Harsh!
Don't even try to!
Mum will rip off your head.
That would be better, by the way, I don't need to live with a bunch of strangers at least. Whom I just met 2 months ago.
-----------×--------------×------------×-----------

I sat on my bed thinking of how my life changed in just 2 days. Everything from meeting my brothers to getting thrown out of the place where I was raised my whole life.

"It's Krishna's choice and I trust him" I mumbled as I took a glance at my messy room. I had packed up most of the stuff by now. Only my books and some clothes were left.

I closed my eyes, thinking that the world in front of me would disappear and everything would go back to normal as it was 2 days ago. But deep down I know it's my reality that I am facing.

Unexpectedly, I felt someone's hand wrap around my shoulders. I instinctively open my eyes but I knew the touch. She leaned her head on my left shoulder as I rested my head on hers.

"I'll miss you di. Please don't leave us" She said in a pleading whisper.

I too don't want to but I have to.

You know the emotion when you want to cry but you cannot, I am in that phase of my life. Everything's so messed up that I am unable to figure out what to do next.

"I'll call you daily," I said unsure of if I can or not."Listen, from now you'll be in charge of being the only child in the house. Don't bother Mum much just do what she says. About Father, you can handle it yourself. You have to Take up all my responsibilities now. I am sure you can do it better than me"

She hugged me closer."How will I handle them without you?" She said mockingly, trying to cheer me up but tears welled up in my eyes. I held them back, it's brutal though.

The thought which took over my mind in seconds was Father and Zian's meeting. Something was unnatural about it. Did father... No, he can't do that, I am accusing him without any evidence.

"Mum was calling for dinner," Anvesha said making me snap out of my thought process. I nodded shrugging off the other thoughts." You go ahead, I'll come."

She went closing the door behind me as I just lay on the bed shutting my eyelids again.

I wish I could see Krish today! at least in dreams.
---------×--------------×------------×--------------

Do vote and comment✌️.

Radhe Radhe💙🦚✨