Chapter 40:- Apology

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Fairies are real. They’re called sisters.

Do read the author's note in the end.

The door creaked open,

Ivaan showed up, holding his ears like a 5-year-old who was gonna be scolded by his mother.
(A/N:- You people forgot him literally😂 Everyone was like Avi or Ishir.)

He closed the door behind him while my gaze stood fixed on his dull figure, he had baggy eyes and a radiantless face. It felt like he hadn't slept for days and cried a lot. His charming face had lost all its enchantment. 

"I-I- I" He inhaled a sharp yet shaky breath like it would give him some certainty to face me. My countenance remained void of any expression, though deeply I felt hurt.

His words have affected my stoic self, which had decided to not forgive them at any cost. Either I would have loved to desolate myself from them or go back home. Although his apology had managed to pierce through my rough decisions, his words had wrapped themselves around my heart. My previous judgments were weakened.

Now, I wanted to reassure him that he hadn't done anything to hurt me. He didn't even speak those remarks, I was more hurt by Ishir and Avi, who were reckless about it. It hurts to see my brother like this.

I tried getting up from my bed, forgetting about my injury. I winced as I couldn't get up, falling back with a thump. "Don't get up Samaira" Ivaan scolded as he left his ears immediately and grabbed me by my shoulders, helping me sit back up.

I winced again holding my back. Through my peripheral view, I could see Ivaan's eyes widen, as he started rambling in fear," What happened Samaira? Does it hurt? Oh god! Should I call Eshaan or Darsh? Or even Zian if you want? What the fuck I don't know how to even take care of my sister? Wait let me call all of th-" He stopped as I chuckled to which he frowned.

What? He's so cute, I feel like squishing his cheeks right now. I love it when they care for me.

"Calm down bhaiya, It's just because I fell a little too abrupt for my back. I assure you it doesn't hurt not at all. " I passed him a smile, to which he looks relieved.

"Even if it does, it doesn't matter with such a sweet apology in my hand and the best brother standing beside me to hold me" I motioned opening my arms for him.

He didn't even take an instance as he sat beside me, embracing me in his comforting hold. A genuine smile passed my face, I really like being hugged by my brothers. Their embraces are always so comforting and soothing that I forget all my pain.

I could feel my t-shirt getting wet with his tears, I tried to pull back to see his face but he held me in a death grip, "Please Don't, I have waited for this too long"

I complied as he took his time crying in my hold. He needs this. Catharsis.

"I never mean-" He started as he pulled back after kissing my cheek affectionately. I shushed him "You don't need to apologize for anything. For not visiting me in the hospital, I have forgiven you. Anything else than that, you did nothing wrong. You never hurt me intentionally bhaiya. There's no need for you to apologize"

A smile broke on his face through his tear-strained countenance. As he whispered," I don't know what we did to deserve an angel like you, but you are genuinely precious little sister. It would be a sin now if I ever stopped loving you and being an ungrateful brother. Thank you so much for forgiving me little one" He brushed his hand through my hair with admiration "I am your elder brother and I am sorry till now I wasn't good at it but from now I will never let you down Samaira" He hugged me again speaking these lines.

Putting the pieces of both broken hearts back into the original.

My door again opened, even before I could reply 'Come in".

"Lunch guys" Rohan peeked in and closed the door behind him.

"Aw, you guys look super cute" He clicked a picture of us before one of us could even refuse.

"I am gonna frame this, my cry baby" He squished Ivaan's cheeks to his annoyance. Ivaan slapped his hand away, to which Rohan just smirked annoying him further.

"Shut up bhai" Ivaan retorted in a grumpy tone, much contrasting to what he just used with me.

"Aw, my crybaby, I won't tell anyone that you were crying but right now head downstairs for lunch" Rohan bent down in front of me, with his back facing me. He crouched a little more, speaking, "Come on love, let's go down for lunch"

I looked at Ivaan and then at him hesitantly, "You sure...I mean you wouldn't let me fall na?"

"Never love. Just hop on, and I'll safely take you down" He reassured me with his sincere smile.

I looked at Ivaan to which he responded with a shrug, "See it's Rohan bhai, so I can trust him with you but never with Sam bhaiya in this case. He literally threw me from the staircase when I was 12"

My expression was horrified at this, don't these brothers know that sibling fight did not mean you shouldn't end up killing each other? Nevertheless, what do you expect from these mafias after all?

I hopped on his back, locking my arms around his neck as he kept his hands to support my thighs. I observed how tiny I looked in front of their well-built Structures.

Well, that wasn't my mistake after all. It was something I couldn't prevent then when it took place.

"Hold on tight little sister" Ivaan vocalized, as he walked behind me slowly and cautiously to ensure me not being dropped by any chance.

"You feel like a superhero"I chuckled as I voiced my thoughts but I could feel Rohan smile widely ear to ear as his hold immediately tightened on me. While Ivaan snorted grumpily.

"Walk in front dumbass" Rohan grunted, "What? I am just ensuring her safety. By the way I just got my sister and don't want to lose her because of your carelessness"

Ivaan talked back receiving another groan from Rohan who looked irritated enough to punch him. The nasty comments were passed from each end, getting worse with new additions of curses.

I leaned my head on Rohan's shoulder as my medicines took a toll on me. It's hard to stay awake with such a heavy dose of them.

When we reached the dining hall, my eyes widened as I my eyes went on,

----------×-------------×-------------×-------------

Ahhh, finally Diwali vacations. I'll try and update regularly guys as My test has also left my side.

Meet you all with the next one, do tell me how you like the story so far. I'll be making next week as the reader's week in the completion of my 5K readers. I'll be dedicating a chapter to every reader so far so do vote on this and try to comment also(though I understand silent readers). Your comments make my day.