Chapter 30:- Guilt & Rage

Radhe Radhe Readers💙🦚✨,

Double update guys!!!💀
Now it's your duty to vote and comment.

"The bond between a sister and brother is sometimes tightly woven, and sometimes loosely held, but it will never be broken."~ Unknown

Author's POV,

Guilt & Rage.

That was all that the Malhotra family felt. The youngest was shot and was now in for the operation. Ishir's one phone call has made everyone drown in misery, Shattering their worlds.

Zian stood near the operation theatre, staring at Samaira's limp body being operated. He sighed as the time passed and no sign of her getting up.

He remembered the time when he first held her in his arms. The cute newborn Samaira. Her innocence hadn't faded over the years neither did Zian's love for her. Zian just wanted her to wake up so that he could embrace his lucky charm and let no other problem touch her but he knew it wouldn't be possible so soon.

Eshaan sat on the hospital bench which he hated after his mother's death. He was hugging a sobbing Avi and Ivaan, who had fallen asleep after crying for more than 2 hours. However, Eshaan himself couldn't keep his tears from slipping.

"She's gonna hate me" Ivaan murmured in sleep, while Eshaan shushed him. "No, she will not" Will she not?
Eshaan hoped that he just could talk to her and spend time again. He already missed her laughs as they did when they had lunch. He wanted to hug her as he saw Darsh doing the previous day. He prayed to the god, whom he had never talked to since his mother died. He could even give up his own life if it meant seeing her sitting beside him.
He just wanted to hold her and never let go of her again.

Devin kept his hand on Zian's shoulder, although it was tough for him to control his tears as his Principessa was shot. He had again broken his promise of protecting her. He will rip those hands away off who had shot his principessa. He wanted to find every single person involved in it right now and kill them but right now staying beside his princess was all that mattered to him. He knew she was a fighter and would soon get up so that he could hug her to life.

"Zayn please calm down, she's gonna be okay" Darsh tried to explain to Zayn who wasn't ready to hear anyone out. Darsh himself was shattered at this news, he was afraid that like his mother and father, he would lose his only sister. His lifeline. His only light. His best friend. He never even in his worst nightmare thought that something like this would happen to his sister.

"Why should I? Why didn't you tell him to control his bloody tongue when he kept on saying shit about her" A riled Zayn pointed towards Ishir, who stood in a corner as the guilt was eating him alive.

"And those two who helped him" He gestured toward the sleeping figures of Avi and Ivaan." Neither would they have said anything nor would she have left the house. Not she would've been..."

He trailed off as a sob made his way, blocking the words leaving his mouth.

Zayn thought back to the time when they went to the temple together. He pestered her for calling 'Bhaiya' just because he loved it when it came from her mouth. He had always wished for it. He and her had become partners in crime after all. But right now his partner was fighting for life and it made Zayn feel vulnerable that he couldn't help her in any way.

"Zayn" Devin yelled. But deep down he knew that Zayn's words were right. The response of Zayn was halted by a hustled Sam who had just entered the hospital. "Where is she?" He asked no one in precise but Vihaan pointed toward the Operation theatre and another heart shattered.

Vihaan's eyes were bloodshot red as he held back his tears, which were threatening to fall. He was drunk. Yes, he couldn't handle the news. Sam rubbed his eyes which had welled up with tears while saying, "No it can't be possible" he murmured to himself.

"It has happened that too because of him" This time it was Sid who spoke up from the corner. He was infuriated at listening to what Ishir, Avi, and Ivaan did but he didn't get the time to express his fury. He was concerned for his darling. He wanted to just bang their heads to the wall for hurting their sister.  He felt his breathing picking up as soon as he heard about her being taken to the hospital. Already he was edgy when he got up knowing his darling was missing from their house. Now if something happens to her, he will not be able to bear the pain of losing her, again.

Sam sat down near Vihaan wrapping his arms around his brother, who was on the edge of a panic attack now, "Nothing will happen to her, Vihaan. Come on breathe for me". Vihaan's eyes glistened as he wrapped his arms around Sam. He inhaled with much difficulty, "What if she di-"

Sam rubbed his arm soothingly on Vihaan's back, providing him with the necessary comfort, "Don't complete that sentence Vihaan, nothing will happen to her until we are alive. She is brave and she will get up soon" Sam shattered some tears at the thought of not seeing Samaira again crossed his mind.

He would die if this happened.

Ishir on the other hand just leaned on the hospital wall far from the operating theatre. He closed his eyes as every moment he messed up since she came, flashed in his mind. He never wanted this to happen. He could take all the accusations but only if it could cure her.

Tears streamed down his face as he just kept quiet listening to all the bitterness his brothers held for him. He recalled how happy he was when he heard of his sister's arrival but couldn't show it. He wished that he could at least make up for the very moments he lost.

His t-shirt was drenched in Samaira's blood. He was almost dead seeing her lifeless body as he ran down the apartment. He never drove as fast as he did back then. Seeing her body through the rear mirror almost took away his life. He just wished for her health.

"Who knows he might have shot her?" Spat Rohan. He was all silent till this time, sitting in a corner holding his head in turmoil. He and Ishir were the closest so he did not say Ishir a word when he spoke rubbish about Samaira because he believed that Ishir would realize her true value soon.

But that never happened and the most unexpected happened, ' Samaira got shot'. Rohan had spent the least time with Samaira but he still remembers every moment. He was the one who had a flight to Switzerland today but he cancelled this and reached here first before all his brothers.

Ishir stood up from his place and reached toward Rohan," What did you say? I shoot her? How could you even think of that? She's my sister" He held Rohan's collar who just smirked saying, "Oh! So you suddenly remember?".

"You were the one who gave her the reason to run away. You were the one who hurt her the most. Do you even know how it feels to be rejected by your family members? How does it feel to hear what you say? No, you don't" Rohan yelled on Ishir's face, who just stood speechless.

"I wish instead of her you got shot" Rohan whispered viciously as Ishir's hold on his collar weakened with each word that left Rohan's mouth.

"Rohan shut up"Eshaan snapped at him. Until the doctors entered and everyone ran toward him. He stood there in the operation gown and mask.
"How's she?" said Darsh's shaken voice.
He just wished he wouldn't regret asking that.

"She's out of danger." Relief washed through the brothers' faces. Their light, their lifeline was alive. The words came as a stress reliever for everyone present in the hospital waiting room. Some even hugged each other at this news.

"We'll soon be shifting her to the normal ward. The gun wound is a bit severe though it is God's mercy that the bullet did not pass away the body but just touched it. She also has some back injuries due to falling on it when shot. She needs complete bed rest at least for 2 weeks in that case." The doctor informed them.

"Can we see her?" Zayn asked curiously. "You can sir but she is still unconscious and might wake up after some hours. Capo please come with us, we need to complete some formalities" Zian nodded and gestured for Devin to take over.

---------×-------------×------------------×---------