Chapter 45:- Jealousy In The Air

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships". ~Wes Adamson

I woke up with a heavy head, my eyelids still heavy with sleep

I woke up with a heavy head, my eyelids still heavy with sleep. I don't know why I feel so drowsy. I turned toward the wooden digital clock, kept in my room, to see it displaying 11 am.

I never slept this long. What the heck is happening?

"Good morning Baccha" A voice came from beside me, I immediately snapped my head in that direction just to find Devin casually sitting on the bed and strolling through his phone, keeping his other arm around my shoulder.

That was the time I realized that all this while I wasn't sleeping on a pillow but on his forearm.

"How are you feeling?" He switched off his phone as he saw me still lying down in my dazed state. He pocketed it and kept his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.

"I'm fine -I guess," I said pathetically choking, my throat was extremely dry. As I coughed for the first time, he passed me a glass of water understanding my condition. I gulped it down hurriedly.

"Sheesh, Slow down Samaira. You'll choke on this as well" I ignored him and gulped the water.

I gave him my sheepish smile, while he just shook his head in amusement. He kissed my cheek and gave me my morning medicine before I could step down from the bed.

"I'll take it after brushing, keep it" I whined. Trust me, it tastes horrible and right now I am in no mood to have them. My taste buds are already sour. You know the morning feeling when your whole mouth feels sour.

He nodded and I headed towards the washroom. As I returned, I expected him to not be there waiting for me cause I actually took a while but to my shock he was still there with the medicines in hand.

"You done? Come here baccha, we need to head down for breakfast as well" I sprinted towards him, hearing that I was already late for breakfast.

"What happened yesterday bhai? I don't remember anything" I told him the truth before we were heading down. He chuckled, " Oh Baccha, you can't even imagine what happened"

"Tell me na bhai!" I again whined, to which he told me everything from the start of the party, as he was halfway into the story, I was completely embarrassed to hell. Like completely.

My cheeks turned red and I was blushing profusely by now, why the heck do I have to behave like this?

Bhai immediately got the cue and reassured me," Don't worry baccha, it was really okay for you to behave like this. We are your family. No need to be embarrassed about it" He caressed my hair gently before pulling me in a hug and kissing my forehead. I immediately melted into his warmth though it was short-lived.