Chapter 17:- Sleepy And Drowsy

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"There can be no better companion than a brother. There can be no better friend than a sister."~Unknown

Before I could say something,

"What are you two doing here at this hour?" A voice boomed in.

I turned around to find Eshaan standing there, in a white T-shirt and blue track pants. His hair was a bit messed up indicating that he had woken up from sleep.

Hush! It wasn't Zian. That guy truly freaks me out.

"I-" Ivaan jumped into the conversation. "Nothing, just brother-sister talks"

"Right now?" Eshaan asked exceptionally calm. This guy is extremely good at managing emotions. I admire this quality of his.

I looked over to Ivaan whose face didn't show any effect. Am I the only one who is scared all this while?

Eshaan moved a bit forward toward me, I instinctively moved backward but I didn't realize that there was a table there.

"Ahh," I hissed in pain as my hand hit the table's sharp edge which had a nail that pierced my skin, my palm, and my elbow. Blood oozed out from my white palm, drawing it red.

I wasn't able to register the situation when someone yanked my palm toward them. "It's bleeding," Eshaan said, as both he and Ivaan surrounded me by now, blocking my view.

"It's fine," I said trying to convince them that it wasn't such a big deal. Though, truly it wasn't.

"Ivaan get the first aid box, now", Eshaan ordered Ivaan ignoring my previous statement.

I sighed, what a first day here!
Eshaan turned to me"Come, sit on the sofa" he said not leaving the hold of my hands.

"It'll be fine, Can't you just walk properly? What would have happened if it would have hurt you deeper?" His scolding reminded me of Mum. I am a person who just gets hurt too frequently. So I had a lot of scoldings regarding it.

"Does it hurt, sweetheart?" I shook my head in no. Wait! What did he just call me? Sweetheart.

These nicknames feel weird now!
I remembered an incident from before, let me share.

Flashback:-

"Aw, look at her. She's such a crybaby" My older cousin spoke as she saw my bleeding finger and never-ending tears.

I was a crying mess by the time my mother the first aid kit.

"Mami, why do you pamper her so much? She's just a brat. We told her not to play with the door and she did it again.
(Mami is the maternal aunt, brother's wife)

Mum was enraged, "Just shut up! Stop your bullshit. She's far better than you all. And you were responsible for taking care of her so now don't you dare speak anything against her"