Chapter 24:- Asleep

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"A brother is a friend given by nature." ~Jean Baptiste Legouve

We were in the middle of watching the 3rd episode when I felt the weight on my arm increase

We were in the middle of watching the 3rd episode when I felt the weight on my arm increase. I glimpsed down to find Samaira asleep, she had snuggled up with my chest.

I caressed her hair and switched off the TV. Before starting the series she stated,' Rule no. 1, no one will watch it alone' to which we both agreed.

I pulled up the blanket again, setting a pleasant temperature on the AC. As I was about to lay her on the bed, someone knocked on my door.

Rohan came in, "Dinner is ready" He informed. I shushed him pointing towards Samaira. He quietened himself and stepped in closing the door behind him.

"She's asleep?" It was more like a question. "Yeah, must be tired." He lifted her from my side, while I fixed the bandage smiling at it.

"When did you learn to bandage yourself so well?" He asked still holding her close to himself. "She did it".

His eyes widened in amusement, "That's what I thought, You don't even know the difference between gauge and bandage and suddenly you did it so well"

"She was worried, and asking if that hurts" I chuckled to myself while Rohan joined too. She still doesn't know about the Mafia thing, we will surely not reveal it either. Not too soon at least.

I forwarded my hands to hold her again." I wanna hold her right now" He whined to which I just chuckled. He is surely the one who missed her the most.

No doubt. He loves her the most after Eshaan and Zian, not to forget.

I know Zian doesn't show it that much but let me tell you that he was the one who was the most giddy in holding her, when she was born. Like he honestly broke Ivaan's nose when he snatched her from him.

Dad scolded him a lot, but he never left her then also. He bluntly spoke that if someone tried to take his sister away from him, he would break every single bone in his body.

But ironically, after that day she was taken away from us for a whole 16 years. Zian cried for the first and last time in his life, I still remember that day. Everyone does. We all cried our hearts out that day.

"What about the dinner?" Rohan expressed meekly yet curiously, "Let her sleep if she feels hungry. I'll get her something"

He nodded and placed her on the bed, pulling up the blanket to her neck as she held his hand in her hold. He looked at me, She's so cute.

He smiled widely saying, " Now I am sitting here, you go to have dinner"
I watched him with amusement, this guy is surely going crazy.

"Shut up and come down," I said in my usual tone but still reflecting some part of the amusement. No one would have ever done this 2 days ago.

The door of my room opened again, and this time it was Ishir. He stood there with a blank look, "Zian's calling you both for dinner"

He looked toward Rohan who was still holding Samaira's hand, his jaws clenched and I could observe him fisting his knuckles into punches.

Seeing his face has never made me this angry before. He exhaled a sharp breath, cursing under it, "Bitch".

"Ishir, watch your ton-" He closed the door with a bang, leaving the room with extreme rudeness. This guy is surely gonna pay for this.

I brought my hand, running it through my hair, "What's fucking wrong with this guy?" I growled, slightly punching the wall near me.

"Let her sleep, we'll head down," Rohan said keeping his hand on my shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry, he just lost some brain cells. He'll come around soon once he realizes the worth of what he is missing on"

I nodded nonetheless, heading towards. Only Zian can handle his nasty ways. I guess the slap wasn't enough for him.

I glanced last time at my sorellina (Translation:- Sister) before shutting the door behind me. "What about that evening meeting, did it go well?"

"Yeah, Zian was pretty pissed cause the client was casual about this deal but Zian took up the initiative himself. This deal would bring us more profit than usual" Rohan elaborated.

"Hmmm, did he..." I trailed off, seeing if anyone was sneaking." Did he pay her father, for returning her to us?"

Rohan turned towards me, "He did, the payment would be made monthly after this"

I hummed, "His greed has been beneficial for us. We got our precious" Rohan responded with a yes.

Reaching the dining hall, we take our respective seats. The seats are assigned by the way, But now there's a little shuffle. Samaira's seat has been fixed next to Zian, cause he wanted this to happen.

"Samaira?" Zian asked gaining the attention of the table. Everyone looked at me with expectant eyes except Ishir.
He kept his annoyed expression on like that he never wanted her name to come up.

"She's asleep" Zian nodded, we all know she didn't sleep last night, so it's pretty good to let her sleep. "Just make sure she eats her dinner, whenever she's hungry"

"That's wrong. You never let me sleep at this time" Zayn came up with his complaint. "Favouritism" Avi whispered to him, in a voice audible to almost everyone.

Zian rolled his eyes, "Eat your meal" He ordered in his authoritative tone. I am not sure but I just saw a small smile making its way on Zian's lips. It vanished as soon as it was earned.

"Did he just smile?" Sam spoke up, putting my thoughts into words. I guess he also saw what I just noticed.

No sooner did Zian deny his action than the ramble started.
"Oh my god"
"It's rare"
"Can I have a picture, pretty please"
"I would frame it for sure"
"Don't tease him guys"
"He looks so different while smiling"
"That's true"
"Don't tell me he has smiled after years"
"Should we keep a party in the name of this annual smile?"
"What!?"
"We should ask him instead?"
"Zian, once more, please"
"I missed it, ugh no"
"The Big Mafia don-"

"STOP! ENOUGH!" Finally, Zian spoke cutting down all the rambles. "Shut up everyone and have your food, I don't want any more chaos"

Silence fell again but really that smile was endearing.

-----------×--------------×------------×------------