Chapter 29:- Shot

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they will still be there." ~ Amy Li

I knocked on the door and she opened it with a wide smile on her face, hugging me to death

I knocked on the door and she opened it with a wide smile on her face, hugging me to death. "I am so happy to see you here" She mumbled in the hug.

I just hugged her back. Well, she is Simran, my friend whom I haven't met for the last 5 years but she is still the same, her welcoming self.

"Nice to meet you too bro" I smirked at her as she pulled away with a frown. "Try to be a little lovey-dovey Samaira," she said taking my bag from me.

"You know I can't" She huffed, but it's true I can't. "Let it be, but how come you are here that too with no one" She guided me towards her couch.

"Long story" she turned around with crossed hands against her chest, " Explain" She demanded lacing her voice with authority.

Okay, so she's a doctor, and owing to her profession she can be genuinely strict sometimes but I don't mind. Cause she is far more cool when she's in a good mood.

"Fine" I clarified the whole story from the start to this current situation. " You ran away? Seriously" She almost yelled.

"Chill bro, m not a kid anymore" She took a sharp breath at this, "You are just 16, you could have told me. I could have picked you up"

"And risked getting caught?" I asked sarcastically. She sighed knowing well that she couldn't win this argument, at least not from me," Leave it" She sat down beside me.

"What will you be doing now?" She asked worriedly. "I'll have to head back to Lucknow" She hummed.

"Can I stay here for some days?" I asked her more as I requested her "Of course, why not" She hugged me once again. "You don't even need to ask about that" I nodded in the hug.

We talked for a while, later she showed me the spare bedroom and asked me to take some rest because it was late.

"She ran away" As these words left my mouth, Zian ran to Samaira's room without even questioning me further. I followed him as he checked her room.

He ran a frustrated hand through his messy hair, " She sneaked out through the window" I added further. Zian sighed and sat on the bed with his head in his hands while I kneeled in front of him.

"Hey, It's okay. We will find her" I reassured him though I myself was not sure of the words that left my mouth.

Zian looked at me shocked, "You are saying that! You must be happy right now that she left because you always wanted that. I am very sure that this time too, it's your idiocy that she did this"

I was shocked, was an understatement. Telling the truth would get me killed but here it was the question of my sister's safety. Which was my priority right now. So I did something that I would not do in normal situations. Admitted my mistake.

"Yeah", I mumbled looking down at the floor. Zian sighed heavily before ordering. " I honestly don't have the time to listen to your folly. I need to find my sister. Call her as much as you can and tell the same to everyone else as well. Send the guards and others out to find her. Tell Avi to track her location as soon as possible. Our rivals can hurt her which I will not tolerate at all"

I got up to go out of the room before Zian spoke" And listen carefully Ishir, if she even had a scratch. You are in really big trouble brother"

I nodded meekly not wanting to challenge an already enraged Zian.
I quickly descended the stairs only to find a worried Avi standing beside it.

I looked at him carefully to see the tear strains on his face. He must have cried the whole night. I could still see the tears in his eyes on the verge of falling.

I hugged him and he reciprocated it, " Will she be fine Ishi bhai?" I hummed caressing his hair. "If anything happens to her I will not be able to forgive myself"

"Neither will I" I whispered as a lone tear escaped my eyes. "Go buddy get ready we need to find her as soon as possible, track her phone's location immediately, and tell the others as well." Avi nodded and ran to his room.

I held my hair in frustration," It would have been better if I had not been a bitch from the start."

I grabbed my car key and reached out to my car settling myself, driving it out on the road.

Time-lapse:-

I have looked at every potential place she might have gone to but no sign.
It's been 2 hours searching for Samaira when I received a call from Avi," Yes, Avi"

"Ishi bhai, Samaira's phone turned on last was in an apartment after that she switched off her phone. I have messaged you the address." Avi spoke in a rushed tone. The guy has been trying for 2 hours.

"And yeah, be safe. Zian has been informed of some rivals planning an attack. We need to hurry before they find Samaira", This girl. Ugh!
I opened the message disconnecting the call.

Rushing towards the apartment, I rang the bell, a woman opened the door. She might be in her late twenties, I guess. " Where is Samaira?" I inquired, maintaining a cold facade and emotionless voice. She almost shivered at the rigor of my tone as I noticed her flinching back.

"Who are you to ask that?" She asked gaining her composure back. I raised an eyebrow at her answering, "Her brother"

Her eyes widened for a second until she realized what I was saying.

"She- She went ou-out some time ago. Might be returning by now" She stuttered while speaking.

It was then that we heard a gunshot sound.

---------------×-------------×-----------×----------

Cliffhanger!

Idk why I wrote this chapter but I am sorry not sorry🙃!