Chapter 39:- An Origami

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can." ~Gregory E. Lang

Finally, I have been discharged from the hospital

Finally, I have been discharged from the hospital. Right now, I am sitting by the side of my bed. I still have to be carried by one of my brothers, usually Darsh or Rohan because they stayed mostly by me.

The house is still the same, boring. I don't guess my absence would've made any difference to my brothers because most of the time they stayed at the hospital with me. Only the ones going to school were asked to stay at home.

I so badly want to go to school. I miss being out of these four walls.

Zian said that I could join it after 4 days.

I placed my glass back on the side table, still meddled in my chain of introspections. Suddenly, something fell on my lap. It was a butterfly!

No basically, a paper butterfly. An Origami.

I looked towards my window, it was closed. How did this come in?

Whose is this?
The butterfly flapped its wings, like asking me to unfold it. It was folded at the ends, someone had given life to it. Who the hell is so good with Origami?

When I looked at it and again it flapped its minuscule paper-crushed wings, it jumped as I tried to touch it.

I caught it with one of my hands, carefully not intertwining it with its exquisite shape. It was beautifully shaped into a creature by some talented hands.

I unfolded it, learning side by side how it was made into a butterfly so that I could make it back to its original form.

It held a letter. I read it,

Hey little sister,
                     I won't reveal my name because I don't want you to crumble this paper and throw it away without even reading it. I know I should have said this to you by standing in front of you but I don't have the courage to even stand and look into your eyes without, beaming myself with guilt of hurting you.

I don't have the courage to even look into your eyes, which seem dead these days. I don't know the reason but I really wish that you could find me deserving enough someday to share it with me. I know that there is something that you are hiding from your past, but take your time girl, I will wait to hear you out. I can't even muster up the courage to face you after the incident that took place.

Trust me, being your elder brother has brought me the happiest moments of my life. From holding you as a baby to seeing you after years as a grown-up teenager has been a roller coaster. It had never been easy for me to accept that yeah, we lost you for years which we will never be able to compensate. The day I saw you, I felt like, I was ruling this whole world. I felt like a King, whose sole purpose was to protect his princess.

I may not tell you always but I hope you know how special you are to me. How many times do I feel proud to have you as my sister. You are the most precious person in this whole world to me. Since I have not made any effort towards building an affectionate relationship between us, I want to tell you how badly I wanted one. A relationship, where you can share with me everything, even the tiniest speck of your day. Where we can prank the others and stand side by side to get scolded by Zian. How I can hug you without even thinking for once. How I can just show my overprotective brother's side by beating up your boyfriend for even touching you, breaking every bone in his body just for looking at you.

How I could pamper you on your worst days of the month (Periods you know), bring you chocolates, and buy you everything you want. I never told you but merely your smile makes my day little sister. No matter how much you grow up, even after you're 100, you'll still remain my little sister, my bundle of joy.

Since the day you came, becoming your favourite brother has become my goal. I know it's small for you but for me it's more than just words, it's a crown, a title. I know it's too late, but can you still forgive me and give me a tiny-winy place in your heart? Can you, please little sister?

I have a lot of apologies pending and today I wanna do that. Apologise for every single mistake I made, every mess I caused, and every pain my words gave you. You mean a lot to me and I would never wanna lose you because of such an insignificant attitude of mine.

I am sorry for hurting you through my words that day, the day I was drunk. I never meant to say those, I never meant to say anything that would have caused you anguish enough to run away. I am sorry, it was my mistake that caused you to get shot. I am sorry that you have to struggle between life and death because of me. I am sorry for putting you in a condition, I never wanted to see you. I am sorry for acting like an asshole, rascal, holding a cold demeanor, and trying to push you away. I am sorry for not being every time by your side when you needed me, little sister.

Saying this to you feels easy through this letter, even if you decide to not forgive me. I will still accept your decision because I know I deserve it.

The letter ended.

It left me speechless. Words couldn't be assembled, sentences couldn't be framed by me. Those words sank through me, through my bones, through my mind, through every tiniest part of me.

It's an apology. Lately, I have been hearing a lot.

Since I have been shot, it's almost a regular occurrence from my brothers.

It left me with a realization of how deeply just a wound on me has hurt my brothers to depths. They are dealing with my physical agony through their mental ones. The wound hasn't only been made on my body but it has left a scar on my brother's cold heart.
The cut is too deep to even bleed.

That the most invincible mafias are apologizing to someone. I bet they haven't done this before.

Main question:- who is it? I guess I know the answer myself. The one who didn't visit me even ice in the hospital.

The door creaked open,

----------×-------------×--------------×------------

Surprissssssseeeeee!

I wrote it early by the way. Thanks for your support guys. Do comment and vote.