Chapter 38:- Favourite Author

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"Your sister will listen to you when you have to talk, she will laugh when you make her laugh and will hold you when you are sad"~ Unknown

It's been 2 weeks, I have been in the hospital. These weeks felt like years. I have recovered pretty well enough to go back home, which I'll do tomorrow. But I am still not allowed to walk for 2 more days.

"Hey! Your publisher called yesterday to check on the update about the book. You were asleep so I just told him about this." Pawani said handing me my phone and a book. I raised my eyebrow at her as Darsh Bhaiya who was sitting beside my bed, reading a book, heard it.

"Publisher?" He jumped in, with his query. I just glared at Pawani who shrugged off the topic saying," What how long are you gonna hide it from them? You eventually ought to tell them one day. Why not today?"

Before I could speak up to stop Pawani she spoke," Mr.Darsh your dear sister is a part-time author as well" I could see Darsh's ambushed expression from the side view.

"Is she?" I face-palmed myself mentally. Pawani you're so dead today. "Yes she is, she writes romantic books and poetries"

"And for your kind information, the book you're reading is also written by your very sister" I coughed hysterically at this. She is gonna get me killed, as he was reading one of the most intense love stories written by me.

Darsh Bhaiya left his chair, got up, and passed me a glass of water. I calmed down after some time.

"Shut up Pawani" I slowly yet dangerously whispered. "Why should she?" Darsh Bhaiya snapped at me to my shock "You don't share anything about yourself with us, at least let her say it. Pawani, you continue."

I felt a pang of guilt hit me through his words. But I can't do anything, no one has ever been interested in my existence. Not even my family members.

Guilt sank into me through every pore of my thoughts. My usually witty tongue became numb at his words, speechless. He was right! I never tried to let them know me. Not even when they tried.

For me, my walls were so massive and vital to terminate that I had pushed every one of them away. I considered giving them a chance but not letting them know a bit about my past.

"Your sister is multi-talented, she is good in everything. Like everything. I am sure you haven't heard her play the flute so far. Did you?"

"No," Darsh bhaiya said eyeing me to which I meddled with the bedsheets, turning my head to the other side of his view.

"Stop it yrrr" I whined. "Shut up Samaira" Darsh Bhaiya scolded to which I snorted.

I opened my book and sunk my head into it, restricting my view. " You know she even writes horror genre, believe me, her books are addictive. You might be known as you are reading her books"

Pawani continues while I try my best to ignore them, "She sketches and paints excellently, but only draws her Krishna. Even when I asked her to draw mine, she threw a box of paint at me and even laughed saying she had created a masterpiece"

A smile crept on my face as I was reminded of that memory.
Pawani pouted to which I heard Darsh Bhaiya's muffled giggles

I am pretty used to this bhaiya word now with his name.

"So my sister is mischievous as well"

"Just like you dumbass" Eshaan entered, another one. "But she's cute and you were a jerk" He added taking a place beside Darsh.

Pawani giggled, "You know she was the boss at school. No one could mess with her"

My book ditched my hand at this sentence and landed on my lap. Pawani they really don't need to know this!

"Is that true?"Eshaan looked at me wide-eyed but it held a feeling, I couldn't decipher properly, Pride. "It is, you can ask her if you want?"

Pawani tends to ramble out things sometimes but these discussions shouldn't come in front of my brothers.

"It's enough for today Pawani!" I glared her way again trying to convince her to keep her mouth shut.

"Let her speak Samaira, you can very well go to sleep if you need to. If not, then don't interrupt again" Darsh bhaiya warned me through his eyes than these words.

"Well, I heard she didn't celebrate her birthday. May I know why?" Eshaan questioned Pawani and shivers ran down my spine.

Birthdays! No, they can't-
The days I dread till today and it's just 2 days away.

I turned towards Pawani with pleading eyes asking her not to spill the whole matter to them. I might have been too oblivious to the fact of my brother's presence but the change in my expression caused Eshaan to quirk his eyebrow at me.

"I might not tell you this because my harsh won't like it and I love my life and don't wanna get killed by her. Just remember" She walked up to him and whispered something in his ear.

While I just gaped at them with a curious expression. Eshaan nodded to it and asked everyone to move for lunch obviously except me. The held hostage one.

Darsh bhaiya passed me his book and a pen while I just looked at him asking what?

"Autograph madam" He spoke with a grin. "I always secretly wished to have autographs from my favourite author."

I looked at him astonished.

"Your books were always my safe places through the thick and thin. I am glad that I got the chance to meet you."

He cupped my face in his hefty palms," I want to know each and everything about my sister. No matter how little it is. Her every like and dislike. Her every hobby. What makes her happy and even what makes her sad? What she likes, whom she likes. Everything. You are the best thing that happened to me ever. You are my precious sister. Even if it takes me years to memorize this information, I am happy to give in cause I love you, Harsh"

He bends down to my level whispering,"  You write elegantly sweetheart. Your secret will remain a secret just I need the first autographed copy of the sequel."

My smile widened in contentment," Thank you bhaiya" I hugged him tightly to which he returned it with even more love. I honestly felt peaceful at the thought of him knowing.

Might be sharing is serene at times.

------------×------------×-------------×------------

Guys sorry for the late update, your author is a bit sick and busy. The next update will be there soon, if I stay alive💀!