Allo Mate | Max Verstappen

Today Max and I had decided to take Micah to a race and since I had to stay in the Netherlands we decided to take him to the Dutch GP. I had to stay back with our son because he was in school so we can't go travelling with Max for all of it.

Micah and I arrived in a car, we hadn't officially released his face to the media yet so he was wearing a red bull helmet that he liked. I walked into the paddock holding him close to me as cameras flashed around us both.

"DADDYYY!" He squealed running to Max once we had entered the safety of the paddock.

"Hallo mijn jongen!" Max grinned lifting him up nearly being knocked by the helmet in the process. I walked up and he gave me a quick kiss. "Ga je naar mij kijken in mijn auto?" Max asked him and he nodded as we began to walk towards the red bull garage not before Micah had spotted his favourite Uncle.
"Hello my boy!"
"Are you gonna watch me in my car?"

Danny.

"UNCLE DANNY!" Micah screamed, Max flinched at the noise and our son squirmed in his arms as he tried to get down. Danny looked around before his eyes found Micah and Max he began to jog over and Micah met him halfway.

"Hey Micah." Danny grinned as he held our son his arms. He walked over and joined Max and I where we were. "How are you?" He asked me the Aussie twang to his voice was why Micah loved him. His favourite thing to do was imitate it.

"How are you?" Micah repeated in an attempt to copy an Australian accent, he tended to do it to Oscar too but more so Danny. We laughed as he said it. "Uncle  Danny is mijn favoriet." Micah said to us. Danny turned to us for a translation. Most of the time Max and I had to translate Micah's Dutch for the other drivers.

"You're his favourite." Max translated almost instantly. Danny smiled and looked at Micah with his smile that could light us anyone's day.

"Who should win Uncle Danny or Daddy?" Dan asked Micah he shrugged looking towards me and Max to tell him what had been said. I translated it for him and he confidently answered.

"Uncle Danny." He beamed wrapping his arms around Danny's neck protectively.

"You've taken my son from me." Max joked hitting Danny's arm.

"AY!" Micah shouted wafting his arm around at Max. "No!" He shook his head. Max stepped back and scoffed while Micah berated him for hitting Danny. I laughed at their antics. Carlos walked over as he saw Micah with his Red Bull helmet on, he only had it on because Netflix was here and he liked it.

"Micahhh!" Carlos smiled holding out his fists for fist bumps, Micah fist bumped him and they did an explosion with their hands. He placed his arms back around Danny's neck and rested his head on his shoulder. Carlos walked off after being called by one of the Ferrari team.

"Ik hou van je, Uncle Danny." Micah muttered holding his body onto Danny's. I awed at his statement and Max furrowed his eyebrows. Whereas Danny just looked confused.

"He loves you." I said, Danny had a similar reaction to me thinking it was cute.

"Can we see cars?" Micah asked that was his favourite thing to ask in English about the cars.

"Should we take him to the garage?" Danny asked as we began to walk. We all agreed and passed the McLaren garage on the way. Oscar was just leaving as we passed it.

"Allo mate!" Micah shouted as we passed Oscar, the four of us laughed

"Allo mate." Oscar returned before he continued to wherever he was going.

"Oscar." Micah said pointing at the man as he faded from view.

"Yeah, that's Oscar." Danny nodded and we turned into the red bull garage. We entered the garage and Christian saw us and walked over.

"Is this Micah?" He asked us as Daniel held him.

"Me Micah!" He smiled lifting his head off Daniel's chest and turning to Christian who let out a small laugh.

"Me Chris." He said pointing to himself while facing my son. Micah then turned back to Danny and patted his shoulders.

"Uppity." He said still tapping his Uncle's shoulders.

"Ok wait a second." Danny put him down before lifting him up over his head and sitting him on his shoulders.

"Woo!" He smiled as he looked down over 6ft off the ground. Danny held his ankles so that he couldn't fall off him. The four of us had a chat while Micah swirled his fingers through Danny's dark hair.

"Allo mate!" Micah grinned as he looked down at Daniel. He laughed at our son's Australian accent and so did Christian.

"That's amazing." Christian complimented causing Micah to shy away from him. His hands rested on Danny's head as he lightly tapped as though it was a bongo.