Maxxy | Multi | Ghostface AU (PT1)

Set in 90s but with current drivers if they were in high school together. Also no Y/n in this one

~~~

Liam glanced up from his workbook and over at Max who was sat scribbling something down on his page. He looked back at his empty page and up out the window. Rumours had already began to circulate as to why Lance had been killed and if he was the first of many. His eyes glanced back towards Max who was now sat relaxed back in his chair and was talking to Danny who was sat across from him.

Later that night Max's phone rang he stood up from his dining room table which had revision material scattered over it along with an adornment of blue and silver energy drink cans.

"Hello?" Max answered as he waited for the voice on the other end of the line to respond.

"Hello." Responded a silky voice from the other end. "Who's this?" They asked

"Who're you trying to reach?"

"Tell me your name and I'll know." The voice responded followed by a snigger.

"Well I think you have the wrong number." Max put the phone back down onto its receiver before it rang again. He huffed before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, why'd you hang up?" The same voice as before asked him. Max's head sharply turned as he thought he saw a figure move outside.

"Why'd you call back?" Max deflected the question as he wearily made his way to the kitchen.

"To ask you a question."

"Oh yeah, what is it?" He asked as he slid a large knife out the knife block on the kitchen counter top.

"Do you like scary movies?"

"Love them." He responded darting his head round clenching the knife in his hand.

"What's your favourite scary movie?"

"Friday the 13th." Max announced as he cautiously approached his front door to ensure it was locked.

"Oh really? That's mine too." A small laugh followed the statement

"I know everything about it." He bragged as he approached his garden doors to make sure they were locked as well.

"You never told me your name." The person on the other end of the phone pointed out.

"Why'd you wanna know my name?" Max smirked still holding the knife in his hand.

"Because I wanna know who I'm looking at." Max froze in his place his back turned towards the double doors at the back of his house.

"What did you say?" He asked making his grip on the knife more noticeable now.

"I said I wanna know who I'm talking to."

"No you didn't." He shook his head quickly turning around and turning on his patio lights which showed no signs of disturbance. "Look I'm gonna go now."

"Don't you hang up on me!" They rushed as Max's finger hit the end call button his phone and walk back into his kitchen. His body jolted as the phone rang.

"What now?" He sighed

"I just wanna talk." The voice responded calmer than before.

"Well talk to someone else!" He snapped before hanging up the phone and making his way back to the dining room table. The phone rang again and he picked it up and put it to his ear. "Listen dickhead-"

"No you listen you little bitch." The voice spat "You hang up on me again I'll gut you like a fish. Understand?" There was a silence as the pace that Max's chest rose and fell sped up. "Yeah." They laughed