🐟 Winter Break | Lando Norris

This takes place 1 year after those first stories

If someone's speech is in italics it's because their speaking Italian just means I don't have to translate everything unless it's necessary.

~~~

I lay Aria's small figure down on my bed as I put her into her winter suit. A furry polar bear one bought by my mother for her granddaughter. Her bright blue eyes gazed around the room as Lando was pulling on his hat beside her. I pushed her legs and arms into the specific parts of the suit before lifting her head off the bed to put the hood up before buttoning it up. Her fingers danced over the soft fabric as she waved her arms around in an excited frenzy. Lando smiled looking down at her while she lay on our bed.

"Aria." He said in a sing song tune placing his finger into the palm of her hand, her grip carefully closed around it as she smiled at her dad. A small babble was uttered by her in response to her name Lando smiled before picking her up off the bed.

"Are we going to see nonna and nonno?" He asked holding our daughter and looking into her icy blue eyes. Her head wavered around as she tried to support it and look at Lando at the same time.

"We're going for a meal." I said "Are you sure we should go, I don't want her acting up." I sighed as I packed the 'baby bag' full of things we could possibly need for Aria.

"Yeah she's an angel." Lando smiled rubbing the knuckles of his index finger on her cheek, she let out a tiny laugh and smiled at Lando's touch.

"I hope she's gonna be okay." I sighed as I walked out the room and put the bag under her pram. Lando and Aria following close behind, I moved out of the way to pull on my shoes while Lando put Aria into her pram. He loved our daughter, closely following behind his first win, the first time he held Aria was one of his favourite memories.

His eyes lit up when he rushed into the hospital ward and saw me lay there with her resting on my chest wrapped in a soft blanket. He apologised to no end for missing her birth but was there straight afterwards to be with us.

I unlocked the front door and Lando pushed the pram out the door and into the bitter cold of Italy's December. The snow daubed over the streets as we walked the short distance down to the restaurant. Aria babbled and kicked her legs around in her pram meaning Lando would have to adjust the blanket covering her while pushing the pram. The ghosts of everyone's breath adorned the icy air as Christmas tree's were lit up in the front window of each house. The sun was setting in the sky and it had now turned a royal blue colour.

"Here we are." I said we turned into the restaurant and Lando pulled his bobble hat off his head and dropped it into the pram on Aria's feet.

It was a small and cosy restaurant where Enzo was currently working as a chef, his dream is to own his own Italian restaurant, in Monaco, using only his recipes. The intoxicating smell of food flooded our nostrils as we walked further in and I looked around for my family.

"Y/n!" I heard my brother shout waving at me from a table. I waved back and Lando and I made our way over parking Aria's pram at the end of the table.

"It's just me, mamma and papa are getting nonna ready then coming down." I nodded as I unzipped my coat and placed it on the back of the chair next to Enzo. "Hi Lando." He greeted as Lando sat down across from where I had put my coat down.

"Hi Enzo, how you doing?" He asked making conversation with my brother as I tended to our daughter, unbuttoning her winter suit and gently taking it off her. I took her out of her pram and held her as I sat down. Enzo's eyes lit up at the sight of his niece.

"Aria." He beamed looking at the small baby I was holding, her hands were on my chest as her head bobbed around in the air as her neck supported her. Enzo put his finger in her palm which she closed her fingers around and looked over at him a smile curling onto her face. "Say Vettel." Enzo smiled I glared at him as he sniggered.

Vettel was Rocco's, our cousin, first word, much to the dismay of everyone except my dad and Enzo (Who'd taught him it).

"Can I hold her?" He asked hopefully I nodded and he grinned happily as I passed her over to him. A wide smile was on his face as he looked down into his niece's bright blue eyes and she giggled at him as he smiled down at her. She babbled incoherently and kicked her legs out in excitement as her uncle held her. Her hands reached out for his deep black hair that hung above his eyes, she grasped it in her hand and tugged on it. "Aria." Enzo said in a sing song tune her giggle was heard again in response to her name. "She's like you." He said to Lando who gave him a puzzled look waiting for him to elaborate. "Always laughing." He smiled sincerely before gently pulling his head backwards to free his hair from her grasp. He moved her legs from beneath her and sat her down on his knee. The red skirt of the dress she wore splayed out over her legs which had some white tights on and she was also wearing cardigan in the same colour.

We then heard my father's voice from the door as he bought nonna inside the restaurant. His arm was linked with hers as they made their way over to the table her walking stick supporting the other side of her. We all greeted one another and everyone sat down in their seats at the table and Aria was still on Enzo's knee.

Nonna gazed over at Aria while she bobbed her head around looking at everyone who was sat around her. Enzo planted a gentle kiss on Aria's head and she giggled at the touch and kicked her legs. Our mum awwed as she watched her son and granddaughter interact.

"How's my baby." She cooed looking over at Aria who giggled again, her eyes scrunching shut like Lando's do when he laughs. She held her hands out and Enzo passed her to my mother. "You're just like your papa aren't you?" Lando smiled as my mum compared Aria to him.

"Bellissima bambina." Nonna smiled looking down at the newest addition to our family. My mum agreed with her while playing with Aria.
[Beautiful little girl]

"Grazie nonna." I nodded at her while her eyes remained fixated on the little girl.
[Thank you nonna]

"Ve l'avevo detto, che sareste stati dei bravi genitori." She said smugly now turning to me, I nodded and thanked her again. Lando asked me what she'd said after it became apparent the conversation was about our daughter.

"She said 'I told you, you would be good parents.'" I translated he smiled at the compliment from nonna and looked over at the frail lady to see a beaming smile on her face as she looked down at Aria.

"When did she get so nice?" Enzo whispered to me referring to nonna who was playing with Aria and making her laugh. I shrugged at him, she's usually nice until you reach about 3.

Aria was passed to nonna who had her photo taken with her, we weren't really sure how long Aria would know nonna for with nonna being ill. Then we all got a big family one: Enzo and Lando pulling stupid faces, Aria with her eyes shut and mouth open in a smile, nonna sat in the middle with Aria on her knee, my mum and dad with their arm around each other smiled and me with Lando's arm slung over my shoulders and a wide smile on my face.

The photo was perfect, chaotic but peaceful, silent yet it spoke loudly and it told you the story of that night, of our family.