Villains should get better lines than 'join us.'

5 mortal years later...(which is 5 Tartarus months for Percy)

"Join us, Perseus." Koios hissed. Percy rolled his eyes.

"That's like, so cliche." He told them. "Can't you get better lines or something?" He dodged a blow from his sword and grimaced at the unnatural coldness.

"Guess not." He muttered as he swung Riptide at the titan. Koios deflected it, snarling.

"Do not play smart with me, Perseus Jackson." He growled menacingly.

"I think you need to cool down, buddy." Percy raised his hands as if in surrender, and the River Cocytus slammed Koios to the ground, drowning him in lamentations and disappearing into gold dust. Percy rolled his eyes and said something about incompetent titans.

Percy, despite not getting wet by the River Cocytus, felt hopeless. He couldn't get out of Tartarus without the help of the primordial Tartarus himself. He trudged on, not seeing any inspiration to keep going until he saw a certain goddess of Misery hiding in the shadows.

"Akhyls." Percy growled. "What do you want?" Akhyls cowered.

"N-nothing, nothing at all, Perseus." She stammered. Wow, she stammered? It seemed like Percy was making his death glare actual death. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"If you don't want anything, then I suggest you leave." Percy casually leaned against his sword. "Or perhaps I could let a score settle." Akhyls shuddered.

"No, no, Perseus." She said, looking away. "It is just that...why are you here again? I cannot add to your misery right now, you have already had too much." Percy stabbed the broken glass shards of the Pit. His own heart felt like the shattered stones, irreversible and full of pain.

"I was banished here by Zeus." He said bitterly. "But oh well, at least I can have a fucking happy day in hell!" Fake amusement lined his voice.

Misery hesitated. "This is why I do not trust. Trust will only lead to failure." Percy was shocked. The goddess of Misery was helping him? Least of all giving him advice.

"I thought Damesan said that you helped no one." He said, glaring at her suspiciously.

"I only help myself." She confirmed. "But I suppose I do owe you a favor..." She snapped her bone-thin fingers, and a cloak appeared in her hands.

"You sure that's not poisoned?" Percy raised an eyebrow. She shook her head.

"I swear on the River Styx that there is no traps whatsoever. You can sense poison, anyway. What would be the use of that?" Percy gingerly fingered the cloak. It was pure black, like Nico's Stygian Iron sword.

"Thank you." He breathed. Akhyls huffed.

"Don't thank me." She dismissed him. "It was for my own good. Now, I think I can find a way to get you back to the mortal world. I don't want you here anymore, it's just going to cause trouble." Percy's eyes widened. He could finally go back home.

But they betrayed me, a nagging part of his mind countered. They don't deserve it.

But what's there to live for anyway? Another part of his mind ventured. You'll die sooner or later—

No. He wouldn't think about that. He could go see Nico and some of his Roman friends, if they hadn't betrayed him yet. A tiny glimmer of hope warmed his heart a little.

"Thank you, Akhyls." Percy bowed out of respect. She looked surprised.

"No one has ever bowed to me before." She said sadly. "Though I have been born with Chaos himself, people still think of me as a minor goddess."