Oh, Luke, you have such a bad memory, don't you?

"Uh, hey." Frank shook Renard's hand skeptically, feeling the callouses from the many years of handling a sword. "I'm, well, you already know who I am."

"Whzuhh?" Hermes muttered incoherently in his sleep. Agnostos stifled a giggle as he saw Hermes drool again.

"What are you doing here?" He asked again. "Why did Chaos want my hood down now, out of all times?"

"He had a near-death experience. Again." Frank piped up. Agnostos pouted.

"Not fair, Frankie. I always get the brushes with death, it's like Thanatos hates me." He tapped his foot frustratingly.

"It's dangerous to have a cloak like that in the open, especially in the midst of all the monsters in the Labyrinth." Renard reminded him.

"Well, I won't let anyone pull down my hood. I promise, cross my heart, which is, in fact broken." His voice dropped the teasing tone. Frank felt a pang of sympathy for Agnostos. So monsters did have a heart. 

"Well." Renard clapped his hands together. "I guess I'll be going now—" A scrape of metal sounded from behind him, and he stiffened.

"Well, well, well." A voice, feminine by the sound of it, said from the shadows. The air around them darkened and somehow thickened. "If it isn't the great Agnostos and the legendary Renard, commander of Chaos' Army." 

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Renard whipped around; sword bared. The voice just laughed, a sound that felt like icy fingernails skipping down your back.

"How powerful you must think you are when you tell me of all people to show myself. Perhaps I won't do it." The voice seemed to scorn Renard, echoing across the walls. Strangely, Hazel nor Hermes woke up.

"How arrogant you must be if you think you're so slick and clever." Agnostos held out his hand, and a figure tumbled out of the shadows. Refrenceeeee!! 

"I should've known." To Renard's surprise, Agnostos sounded quite happy. "Hello, old friend." 

"Oh, Agnostos." Nemesis crowed. "I'm so proud. You've made for some very good revenge." Agnostos had a twisted smile on his face.

"You know Nemesis?" Renard asked incredulously. Agnostos looked a tad bit offended.

"Excuse me? Of course I know Nemesis! She's like my patron!" He grinned. "Uh, you wouldn't mind me saying that you're like my patron, right, Lady Nemesis?" Nemesis shrugged.

"There is much more to do, Perseus...." She whispered. Agnostos glanced at her form—it was still in the form of Annabeth.

"So." Frank cleared his throat. "That was interesting. Uh, is it a good idea to ask about what Nemesis meant by 'you've made for some very good revenge' part?"

"No." Renard and Agnostos said at the same time.

"Don't ask—"

"I'll fume—"

"He will—"

"Guaranteed—"

"And if you value your life—"

"Just don't think about it." Agnostos finished. Frank looked a bit traumatized at the perfect synchronization of the two cloaked figures. 

"Nice job, dude!" Agnostos laughed as they high-fived each other. "We got it perfect this time!"

"Yep!" Renard chuckled. "Uh, exactly when did we practice this?"

"Oh gods, Luke. You really do have a bad memory." Renard froze mid-laugh.

"How do you know that name?" Luke asked, deadly calm.

"Luke...?" Hermes looked up, now wide-awake. "Luke as in...my son?" 

"Hermes?" Luke slowly pulled down his hood, finding no reason to hide. "Dad?" Agnostos grinned triumphantly as he watched the heartfelt moment. 

"I missed you." Hermes whispered into Luke's ear as they hugged. 

"Me too, dad." Tears pricked his eyes as he finally felt a sense of belonging.

"What in the name of my dad is happening?" Hazel interrupted after a good long moment. "Is that...Luke Castellan? Oh my gods—"

"You were with Chaos all this time?" Hermes asked softly. Luke nodded, silent.

"I wasn't ready to face you yet." He admitted. "I was afraid of what you would think of me. I-I'm sorry."

"A true hero, my son." Hermes murmured. "I couldn't be prouder."

"What do we do now?" Frank whispered softly. "I don't want to interrupt them."

"Let them have their moment." Agnostos smiled sadly, thinking of Poseidon bitterly. "They deserve it."