NAURRR HE JUST STOPPED BREATHING 💀

The receptionist smirked as a shadow loomed over him. Nico paled even more. He knew that voice anywhere.

A voice he thought he would never hear again.

"P-Percy?" Thalia's eyes widened. "No. I-It can't be you! You fell into the Sea of Chaos!" Percy scoffed.

"It takes a lot more than a sea of total destruction to delete me from the plane of existence." He didn't uncover his hood, but there was no question that he was him. The receptionist was silent, slinking back into the shadows.

Y-You can't be working for Monster Olympus! No! Tell me you're a double agent. Tell me you're not doing this!" She begged. The figure cocked his head, chuckling.

"And tell me, dear Thals, why on earth would I work for them?" He asked curiously.

"You're...not?" She stepped back, as did the others. He laughed.

"Of course I do!" He grinned sadistically. "Why wouldn't I?" She paused.

"You're a monster." She gritted his teeth. He snorted.

"Of course I am." He glanced at poor Nico, who looked utterly confused and heartbroken, and his expression softened. "It's for the greater good, Neeks." He said, reaching out towards him, but Hylla and Luke stepped in front of him, shielding him from any attacks Percy could do.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on him, you traitor!" Hylla snarled. His lips pressed together in a look of mock hurt.

"Oh, me, a traitor!" He repeated it in her tone teasingly. "I should've known that you would say that, although it's not really a surprise." He spread out his arms as if presenting something. "You all should be thanking me, imprisoning the gods. And also, be glad that I didn't capture Hades either." Nico pushed Hylla and Luke away, rage and tears filling his dark eyes.

"You idiot! You little bitch! How could you...?!" He unsheathed his sword, rage fueling it to make the room seem darker. "I trusted you! I thought you were dead! I mourned for you when you were thrown. And then you went on and backstabbed us so many times!" Percy's face dropped, dead serious.

"I did it for the greater good." He said simply. Tears streamed down Nico's face.

"Stop lying! You just did this to satisfy your revenge, to satisfy Nemesis and your thirst for blood! You're a monster. And..." He trailed off. Percy raised an eyebrow.

"And?" He prompted. Nico scratched the back of his neck.

"And..." His voice dropped to a whisper. "...I'll be the end of you." He lunged forward with his sword, blinded by rage, and pinned Percy to the wall, the sword right in his stomach. The body fell to the floor in a lifeless heap.

yes

yes I just killed off percy in a single paragraph

do I regret it

naur

not at all

A dark essence filled Nico's sword. Nico dropped to the floor, his body shaking with sobs. Everyone else was either so shocked that they couldn't speak, or so confused about the sudden appearance. Most of them were the latter.

"Did you just kill that dude, Neeks?" Luke asked shakily.

"NOOOOOOOOO, HE JUST STOPPED BREATHING!" Thalia snapped. "Are you dumb? Of course he just killed Percy!" Her voice cracked at his name, barely audible, but there nonetheless.

"I—I killed him..." Nico whispered. Someone laughed like a madman.

"I've never been prouder. I've been meaning to get rid of him." Another voice said from the middle of the room. The receptionist. Nico wiped his face from tears and blood, his burst of adrenaline gone.