WE'RE GOING ON A KILLER QUEST-

3rd Person—

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Percy called out, holding a box of donuts. The Pegasi stable was empty of people, but that wasn't who he was looking for.

"Hey there, fella." Percy reached out to pet a beautiful, striking black Pegasus the color of the night sky. He whinnied and lashed out, trying to bite his hand. Percy pulled it back slowly.

"Woah, there, boy. What's your name?" He asked cautiously.

Blackjack, but it's not like you'll understand me, Percy heard the Pegasus snort.

"Hey there, Blackjack." Percy greeted. Blackjack stiffened.

You can hear me? He asked. Percy nodded.

"We're...the same creation of Poseidon, you could say. Please don't tell anyone." He whispered, stroking Blackjack's velvety nose. He neighed softly, as if expressing his comfort.

"I heard Pegasi like donuts." He took out the box of donuts from behind his back. Blackjack stamped his hooves in approval while gobbling a couple all at once. Percy smiled, glad to have his old friend back. At least animals don't betray you.

"Wanna go on a ride?" Percy unlocked the stable door and led him outside.

Sure! I need to stretch my wings, it's been forever. His feathery, downy wings ruffled in excitement as he trotted outside of the stable.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Jason yelled as they came into view. "Get your hands off of him!" He ran towards him, his enchanted golden coin clutched tightly into his fist.

"Don't worry, I'm just getting the Pegasus out for some fresh air. Turns out they really likes donuts." Percy wrapped his arm around Blackjack's neck, and the horse fondly licked his hood.

"But—but that's impossible!" Jason exclaimed. "Blackjack would refuse to let anyone ride him since Percy died."

"Well, things change, Mr. Blond Superman." Percy raised an eyebrow. "Son of Zeus. It's always the spawns of lightning." He mounted Blackjack, wrapping his hands around the Pegasus' thick mane.

"Up, Blackjack!" Percy commanded, and he obeyed, flapping his wings and soaring onto the wind's currents. Campers gasped and pointed to them in awe as they did flips and twirls in the sky.

Suddenly, Blackjack flew upside-down, and Percy fell off, tumbling to the ground. Jason yelled in alarm and was about to call the winds to assist him, but Percy wasn't fazed. Blackjack had done this tons of times.

Blackjack swooped into a dive and caught him just as he plummeted downwards, and Percy being Percy, he landed gracefully onto Blackjack.

"Ten out of ten." Percy grinned crazily as he fist/hoof-bumped Blackjack.

Ten out of ten. Blackjack whinnied happily. Jason's jaw was wide open, as many others. Percy rolled his eyes.

"Shut your mouths, you're going to eat flies." He chided them. They promptly clamped their jaws shut.

"What the Hades was that?" Jason breathed.

"It's called flying on a Pegasus. Ever heard of it?" Percy said sarcastically.

"Yeah, but Blackjack never flew like that since P—uh, my friend's death." Jason rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Pony!" Blackjack neighed in surprise as an aqua green light filled the camp. Tyson the cyclops ran towards Blackjack, Poseidon grinning from behind.

"Hello, pony!" Tyson smiled, petting Blackjack's mane gently.

For a big guy, he can be really gentle sometimes, Percy thought, smiling sadly at all the memories.

"Do you have any signs of Percy yet?" Poseidon asked worriedly. "I felt his presence here somewhere, what if—"

"I don't think Hades would've gone as far as to bring him back from the dead." Jason interrupted. "With all due respect, Lord Poseidon, I don't think Percy is here. Unless Agnostos here thinks otherwise, of course."

"Why do you think he's alive?" Agnostos asked. "This is bringing back too many memories." His voice dropped to a whisper. Poseidon let out a groan and buried his face in his hands, looking 100 years older.

"I-I just wish I could tell him that I was sorry. That he could forgive me." The sea god looked up at Agnostos, tears brimming in his sea-green eyes. Percy pursed his lips. This sorry excuse for a godly parent didn't deserve his forgiveness, not after all that had happened to him. He was cast into the place he hated most (although Camp Half-Hell came in close second), annihilated, accused of wrongdoing, and betrayed. He would never forgive. It was just too much.

Percy looked at Tyson, who looked ready to cry as well.

"P-Percy was good big brother. Tyson says bye-bye to Percy. Tyson thinks Percy is best big brother." Then he burst into tears, wiping his giant eye. Percy awkwardly patted his shoulder and turned to Poseidon.

"Look here, sea god. I knew Percy in Tartarus and I doubt he'd forgive you now. Not like this, when it's too late. It's over. His cursed soul would probably haunt all of you forever. And guess what? I've had my fair share of betrayal and what you did, especially to a person who has loyalty as their fricking fatal flaw, he's not going to forgive you anytime soon." Percy spat. "If he was alive, that is." Poseidon just sighed a sigh of pure heartbreak, and Percy's cold heart flickered with satisfaction. He should really do that more often.

"I have just come to inform you that Apollo had another prophecy—and it sounded so much like it was about Percy..." Poseidon squeezed his eyes shut as an image of Percy appeared in his mind.

"What was it?" Jason asked.

"Three half-bloods and the beast

Will search for one who left the least

But in the shadows lurks a foe

Who will betray them with a blow." He recited.

"Well, that sounds grim." Percy said dryly. "Sounds like a betrayal."

"And the 'one who left the least.' Who's that?" Jason added.

"That's why I thought Percy was alive." Poseidon murmured. "He might be out there, running away from the gods. Are you sure he's dead?"

"Well, there is a slight chance that his soul might be out of Tartarus, but it's highly unlikely." Agnostos crossed his arms. "He also might've tried for rebirth when he died." Poseidon lit up at that.

"My son..." He whispered. Agnostos resisted the urge to roll his eyes. They wouldn't have a chance.

"I'm guessing the beast is either me or Tyson." Agnostos said.

"I must help Daddy with the weapons for war." Tyson agreed. "Agnos will go please?" Agnostos nodded.

"Sure, big guy. I'll go. Who else?" Jason thought for a minute.

"We need to talk to Chiron about this." He decided. Poseidon nodded slowly.

"Please, find my son." He begged Jason and Agnostos.

"We'll do anything we can to try." Jason assured him. Percy couldn't help but snort quietly.

Let them try and fail, he thought to himself.