At this point I'm just making random chapter names and calling it relevant

Can y'all read this

cuz I can

"ATTACK!"

Nico paled even more as he heard the familiar sound of monsters stampeding towards them.

Well, it was quite concerning that it was now familiar, but that was besides the point. A swarm of monsters rushed towards them, seeming to come out of nowhere. Percy wasn't anywhere to be seen. He looked at Will with a wild sort of feeling to protect his boyfriend at all costs.

Will shook his head and mouthed, 'Don't worry about me.' Nico furrowed his brow and stepped forward, meaning to pray to his dad for some luck.

Instead, he just unsheathed his Stygian Iron sword and hoped for the best as he slashed at the first row of beasts.

Sort of Percy's POV—

Percy watched the battle from a nearby tree, hiding in the shadows with his cloak over his face so no one could see him. Tartarus would kill him if he found out that he was staying there, but he just wanted to make sure Neeks didn't die.

And maybe see a bit of bloodshed.

He just prayed that no one would see him, fall out of the tree, or be forced to intervene.

But of course the Fates had to hate him.

Because right in the middle of the battle, Nico collapsed.

Who knows how it happened? It could've been from exhaustion, injuries, but nothing else mattered to Percy than that moment.

"NO!" Will cried from the other side. Somehow, he had saw it from several yards away and cornered by empousas, but . Nico was quickly being surrounded by monsters and beasts of all kinds.

This was Tartarus' plan, Percy realized.

He knew that he was bluffing his loyalties.

A wave of dread washed over him as he knew he was going to walk right into the trap.

So Percy did the sensible thing.

He jumped.

"Get away from him!" Blinded by his rage against Tartarus and the monsters, he vaporized the first couple and fought like never before.

Nico, still on the ground but conscious, coughed.

"What the Tartarus—?!" He choked out, clutching his bleeding leg in agony. "No! What are you doing you idiot?!"

"Protecting you, that's what! Don't ask! I'm not going to make it, so I have to tell you one thing." He stabbed a hellhound in the mouth and turned to him, multitasking.

"Don't say that!" Nico tried to stand up but fell back to the floor, his face twisted with pain. "You're not going to die! Please!" Percy shook his head.

"I'll either die in this fight or Tartarus will kill me." He replied, stabbing a dracaena in the heart. "I'm not working for the titans, nor Tartarus, nor Order. I was a double agent. You can't tell anyone. Please. They'll think I'm a hero. Make them think I stabbed you." Nico stared at him in horror.

"Why on earth would I do that?!" He shouted. "You're not going to die. You're a hero. You saved us all."

"Trust me." Percy begged. "Please." Nico looked away, a new kind of pain tainting his eyes.

"Why?"

Percy pursed his lips as he casually blood bended a couple monsters at once. "You'll see why." He dodged a whirlwind of claws and started to lift Nico up. "You need to get out of here."