The storm is awakened. The storm wants a nap

3rd Person—

Percy ran towards the infirmary, but suddenly, he doubled back and vapor-traveled to the same place where he met Kronos.

He stole a glance at the sarcophagus and bowed deeply.

"Lord Kronos, I have the perfect demigod for you to inhabit." He smiled slyly.

"Who is it, godling?" Kronos rumbled irritably. Percy smiled.

"Me." The room full of monsters went silent.

"This is a very large decision, godling. My former host had betrayed me by killing himself. What makes you think I won't fall for the same trick?"

"I only want the best revenge for Lady Nemesis and me. I just assist you because me personally, you would do a much better job of ruling that ol' Drama Queen and my so-called 'father'. Also, who wouldn't want to miss the chance of working with the greatest titan in history?" He leaned on Sicarius, smirking slightly.

"I suppose what you are saying is logical." He mused.

"And I'll be able to watch what you're doing, right? That's all I need. Besides, while you are growing stronger, my lord, I can launch attacks on the demigod camp and be a double-agent." He stepped a little closer to the tomb. "What do you say?"

"Alright." He decided. "You may be my host. You do know what to do, bathe in the Styx again, get your mother's blessing, blah, blah, blah. Now, I must rest and get stronger, godling. I am very close. Just wait a little."

"Anything for you, my lord." Percy bowed again and vapor-traveled out.

Camp Half-Blood—

"Agnos!" Rachel cried out as he appeared in the infirmary. "You saved Annabeth!" Percy turned around, tears flowing down his face.

"N-no problem." He said thickly while burying his face in his hands. Rachel looked at him, concerned.

"What's wrong?" She put a hand on his shoulder, which made him flinch.

"Rachel. You're the one person I trust, truly. You mustn't tell anyone about this, please." He begged her. She frowned, uncertainty flickering in her green eyes.

"There's a person here who betrayed me, and I saved her life." He said quietly. She froze.

"Annabeth? How could she betray you? You just met her." Percy shook his head sadly.

"I've met her before. She...ah, accused me of wrongdoing. It got me banished into Tartarus." Venom dripped from his words, and he hastily wiped his eyes. "Us monsters get judged wrongly. I've met Bob and Damesan and Argus and plenty others. They get judged too quickly, and that's what gets us killed. Makes our hearts turn black."

"I'm sorry." She whispered, not knowing what else to say. He laughed bitterly.

"Oh, don't be, Rachel." He said, false enthusiasm lacing his voice. "I'll be fine." He stood up quickly and brushed a stray tear from his cheek. Rachel's eyes suddenly widened in realization.

"Wait, don't go!" She grabbed his arm. "I need to ask you a question." He looked at her wearily.

"What is it? Don't expect me to answer honestly."

"Is Percy alive?" She asked. He was taken aback. He didn't expect it, more along the lines of his identity.

"No. I'm sorry, Rachel. He's not." He told her gently, before prying his arm from her vise-like grip and running towards the boy's bathroom.

"What have I done...?" He mumbled as he made sure no one was around and flipped off his hood. His tan skin was paler from the lack of sunlight he had in Tartarus, and his scars more visible. He still had his usual sea-green eye with the other black one, but they were swirling with emotion. He was almost unrecognizable. Even his one regular-colored eye had black flecks in it, almost as dark as the darkness of the Pit.

His messy raven-black hair was more disheveled than ever, but he didn't care. He splashed water onto his puffy eyes and quickly pulled his hood up before anyone could go in.

He walked out of the bathroom, trying to be discreet, but alas, the Fates never wanted things to go his way.

"Hey." A female voice sounded behind him. He froze and slowly turned around, dreading who he would see. Of course. It was Annabeth.

"Uhm, hey." He mumbled awkwardly, trying to shuffle away. She lashed out and grabbed his arm.

"Look, I don't know who you are and what you're doing here, but I owe you, I guess." She looked away nervously, favoring her injured leg with crutches. "But I will find out who you are, and what your means of coming here." Percy snorted.

"Good luck with that, Annabeth Chase." He smirked, his eyes flashing dangerously. "But it'll be the last thing you'll do." He whispered the last part, bloodlust showing in his face.

"You're sick." She growled; disgust evident on her face. "Only a monster would joke about death like that."

"Who said that I was joking?" He turned tail and ran before he could hear her answer.

Annabeth POV—

What the Hades was that? He just said that he might kill me and then ran off like it was nothing!

"Hey girl—oh, gods. What happened?" Piper pointed at my face. "You look like you've seen one of Nico's skeletons." I shook my head.

"Agnostos just threatened to kill me..." I said quietly. She frowned.

"Why would he do that?" She asked, twirling Katoptris around in her hand.

"I just wanted to know his true identity!" I sighed, exasperated. This was getting us nowhere.

"His name is Agnostos, which means Unknown." She said unhelpfully. I scowled.

"I know that, Piper."

"Maybe because he's 'unknown', he doesn't have an actual form? Maybe he just has no identity in the first place." She thought out loud.

"Not completely, Mrs. Mclean." A voice said, making us jump.

"Agnos! What are you doing here?" Piper shrieked. He shrugged.

"Overheard you talking about me. The only reason why I'm called Agnostos is because my kind died out a long time ago, like Briares, the hundred-handed one. No one knows what I look like, and personally, I don't look into mirrors." I saw the bottom part of his face smirk. Weird. He's so much like a human.

"You seem like a demigod." I pointed out. His expression turned dark.

"Ugh, don't remind me." He grumbled. "I've already had enough of this nonsense. In fact, I can't wait to get out of this camp once the war is over. Bleh. Demigods, demigods, demigods. It's always the demigods." He waved his hands around mockingly. I crossed my arms.

"You don't have to be mean about it, you know." I huffed. He turned to glare at me. Even without seeing his eyes, it felt like his gaze was boring into my mind.

"Oh, you wouldn't know, Annabeth Chase." He sneered. "Why, don't you remember? You cast me into the pit so many years ago, after that war." I frowned. Which war was he talking about?

"I even fought for you, even when so many others fought for our enemies. Rejected me simply because I was a monster." He clenched his fists.

"I-I don't understand! I never sent you to Tartarus!" I protested.

"Oh, you didn't, did you?" He growled. "Well, nice to know that people forgot about me." He stalked away, his cloak billowing behind him as the first winds of the end of summer blew threw the trees.

I didn't remember anyone I sent to Tartarus...unless it was a monster I killed in the Titan war. I couldn't see anything, just slashed at any monsters I saw. It wasn't my fault! But why does he act like he knew me...?

"Maybe he has a grudge against Athena?" Piper suggested shakily.

"He must have a huge grudge to blame me on it." I muttered darkly as I stomped over to the Athena cabin.

I will find you, Agnostos, and your identity will not be unknown for long.