Epilogue

ok I already know I've said this

but WHY IS MASQUERADE BY STELLAR SO PERFECT FOR PERCY 

LIKE

LOOK AT THE LYRICS

AHHHHHH

6 months later—

Everything was silent.

No monsters, no quests, prophecies, only minor squabbles in Olympus against Athena and Poseidon. And even those lasted only a couple days.

Nico di Angelo finally had some time to himself without risking his life. Percy's choice allowed all the demigods to have some rest, after he had killed Tartarus and his army, along with Kronos.

It had seemed like a big feat, but Percy had just said that all it took was a little manipulation and wit. He was still famous, nonetheless, which disappointed the younger demigods that marveled at his skills. He had only spent a day—less, even, and then disappeared. He was most likely in hiding, still being on the CIA's list for most wanted criminal and still not in good terms with the gods of Olympus. 

Nico had tried to visit him either way, but to no avail.

"Nico!" Jason called out. The son of Hades spun around, startled from his thoughts.

"What? What's happening?" He demanded. Jason choked on his breath for a while, which was strange. Jason was one of the strongest demigods alive. He wouldn't just be out of breath running. Besides, he could fly.

"I—it's Percy." He whispered, dread heavy on his voice. Nico's heart dropped. "We—we found his sword l—lying in a puddle of blood. His blood." Horror dawned on him.

"No." He dropped to the floor. "No, he can't be dead. I—I can't feel his soul. He has to be around here somewhere!" Jason sighed, a sound so heartbroken that Nico couldn't hold it back any more.

"His soul isn't around, Neeks." He murmured. "It was because he was stabbed by Kronos' scythe." The world seem to spiral, the trees closing in on him. He couldn't breathe. 

"Kronos is dead." He protested.

"But his scythe wasn't destroyed. The Telekhines' spoils were around, too. And the scythe..." Jason hugged him. "I'm sorry." 

Nico couldn't cry. He was just...numb. Percy had died, the one who saved the world thrice, was like a brother to him...and yet, he felt nothing. No emotion. Just empty. As he felt Jason's tears staining his jacket, he wondered why the Fates had to inflict such calamities on him.

But little did he know, a dark figure was watching from a nearby tree.

"Percy Jackson...dead, huh? My plan is set. No one can stop me now." The person said, almost tonelessly, except for the glint of murder in her eyes.

"A ghost is coming to haunt your sweet, innocent little minds."