wait...WHAT?!

Percy was bewildered at Athena's response.

"I cannot blame you for your choice." 

Silence.

"What?" Percy found himself saying. Athena frowned impatiently.

"I cannot blame you for your choice." She repeated. "What you have done is wise. In fact, I do not even feel like defending my father in this." Zeus gasped.

"Daughter!" He stared at her. "How dare you...?" Percy whistled.

"Yes, yes I dare!" She spun around. "I am always defending you because you can't fend for yourself with your thick skull!"

"This is getting heated." His gaze wavered between Athena and Zeus.

"Daughter! Stop this at once!" Zeus shouted. 

"Stop acting as if you control me, father!" She turned to her father. "You have manipulated me enough! I am tired of this—this bullshit!" Chorused gasps rang throughout the throne room.

"Athena cursed?"

"Holy crap..."

"What the world has come to!"

"SILENCE!" Zeus roared. "My daughter, this is insane. I am not trying to control you—"

"YES YOU ARE!" Athena interrupted, fuming. "If it weren't for your big airhead and Mr. I-Flooded-Atlantis over there none of the World Wars would have happened, nor the second Titan War, nor most of the things that happened before! If you had kept your sense and listened to me and kept your thunder in your pants none of this would have happened!" Zeus was startled. "I am tired of your foolishness father. For once, listen to me and not that nonexistent braincell of yours so this can actually go as planned!" 

"Like daughter, like mother." Percy muttered under his breath, watching the whole thing unfold amusedly. "No wonder." Hermes tossed a bunch of popcorn in his mouth.

"This is better than watching Odysseus' showdown with Circe." He mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn.

"Give me some, cuz!" Apollo snatched a handful. Zeus ignored the two troublemakers and stood up, his Master Bolt clenched in his fist.

"Do not test my patience, Athena!" He growled. "I will not hesitate to shut your mouth!" Her eyes glowed with godly energy.

"I suggest you not to do so, Father." She said, her voice deadly calm. "After all, what kind of reputation would that bring you?" Zeus faltered a bit, his grip on his Master Bolt loosening.

"I do not care about reputation." He said after a long silence. "I do what is right for Olympus." Athena's face stayed cold and stony.

"Apollo, you know he is lying, correct?" 

Apollo didn't answer, paling a bit. 

Athena gritted her teeth. "Answer me! I will not let you get turned into a mortal once more."

"He's lying." The sun god blurted out, immediately turning red after speaking. "Sorry, dad." Zeus' body crackled with lightning.

"This is very entertaining." Hades said from his dark corner.

"Do not question my motives, daughter!" He was quickly losing patience.

"Then do not question my wisdom!" She shot back. "Your decision are unintelligent, despite being king of the gods! You care about nothing except yourself and what a decision would bring you! At least Perseus here is wise about not joining your side!" 

Percy nearly dropped his sword in shock. Athena defended him? Holy crap.

"Did she just defend my son?" Poseidon whispered.