Nice of you to visit. Miss me?

A month later—

Nico took a deep breath to steady himself. Percy might not be here anymore to give him strength, but he had his boyfriend and his dad. He was going to be ok, even when a small part of his heart was missing because of Percy's death.

They were ready to wage war against the armies of Tartarus that were ruling over Olympus. To defeat them, they just needed to get to the center of the well-guarded Monstrous Olympus and kill their mysterious leader, who had never showed their face. All the monsters feared him, saying that he was one of the most powerful monsters ever to live, having cheated ultimate death more than once. 

Easier said than done.

The rebellion was already in motion against the monsters that were roaming free and killing all the demigods, and the patrol that would assassinate the king were going to be the most powerful allies of all the groups: Chaos' Army, Hunters of Artemis, Amazons, Romans, and Camp Half-Blood.

"I love you, Sunshine." Will came up to him and kissed him on the cheek. Nico nodded, silent tears running down his face. It was most likely that neither of them would survive.

He wiped his face, already dreading the number of lives they were going to lose this time.

Shortly after Percy's fall into the Sea of Chaos, Damesan had escaped the Pit and explained how Percy had managed to kill Tartarus' physical form by dragging him in. Both of them had fell in. The largest threat was gone, but considering the amount of the monsters waiting for them, it wasn't a very good chance.

"Bob and friends will win!" Bob shouted, holding Not-So-Small Bob next to him. Damesan the giant smiled sadly at the rest of the alive demigods and Chiron, who became the new camp director after the Olympians were imprisoned in Tartarus.

"You've got to believe we can win." Luke whispered to Nico, gesturing to the rest of the Chaos army. "We may not outnumber them, but we outsmart them. We'll make it out alive." Zoe came up behind him with the Hunters of Artemis. Now that Artemis was gone, too, she became the temporary leader of the Hunt. 

"We're going to win, Death Breath." Thalia elbowed Nico playfully. "Don't you dare die, ok?" He nodded, feeling a boost of confidence. All he needed now was a reassuring gesture from Percy, but alas, that wasn't possible.

He was dead, after all. But Nico could imagine his shattered consciousness comforting him, being a big brother to him when Bianca wasn't there. 

His sisters walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek, their eyes shining.

"Don't forget, brother. Always remember us." Bianca caressed his face. Hazel just hugged him on the waist and mumbled, "You better not die, Neeks." 

The patrol to kill the leader were Luke, Thalia, Nico, Hylla, Hazel, and Nico himself. 

"Defenders of Olympus!" Nico yelled, raising his Stygian Iron sword, which glowed with a deathly glow. "We attack tonight! Tonight, we free the gods! Tonight, we fight for what's right! Tonight, we remember Percy Jackson, who sacrificed himself to eternal death to finally defeat Tartarus!"

The crowd of demigods, satyrs, nymphs, and monsters roared. He smiled for the first time in weeks.

I hope you're proud, Percy. He thought, even though he knew Percy couldn't hear him. Rest in peace.

💀 Time skip sponsored by skeletons doing the timewalk 💀

(from saddo_02)

Manhattan was swarmed by monsters. 

So many, in fact, that even the mortals moved out. According to human news, the city was closed because of a radioactive explosion (which really turned out to be a cyclops fart). Now, there were monsters of all kinds walking around, chasing stray animals and sometimes even killing each other. Watching. Waiting for the demigods to attack.

The armies of Olympus were on the border of Manhattan, discussing their battle plans.

"Silena, get your section of the Chaos Army and attack the monsters in the Brooklyn Bridge!" Malcolm ordered.

"Beckendorf, get your section and defend the Lincoln Tunnels and see if your group can split up into the Holland Tunnel!"

As Nico and the Athena cabin assigned the groups to fight, Hylla looked out into the streets and gasped.

"What?" Will turned his head and gaped. "What in my dad—?!"

The roads and highways were completely bare. No monsters. Nothing. 

"What happened?" Luke asked, leading his own section. "Did I miss the battle?" Thalia shook her head.

"I—the monsters are gone." Nico stammered. "I don't know—how—why—what—?" Will wrapped his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder.

"It's a trap." He whispered.

"Is the patrol still going to go?" Jason asked. "If the monsters decide to ambush us, we'll fight them off." He brandished his new magic coin/sword the Hephaestus cabin had made. 

"I'll try to blast as many as I can see with Festus." Leo loaded his grenades into his shooter, riding on the bronze dragon's back. Malcolm nodded, studying the plans he made for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Killer Patrol, follow me!" Hazel whispered, crawling into a nearby sewer and beckoned them to follow.

They hiked through the dirty pipes, a deafening silence draping over them. Suddenly, a loud roar came from above them, and the sound of lots of things running over pavement. The monsters had come, and they weren't late.

"Hissssssssss!" A young empousa snarled at them. "Get away from me, filthy demigods!" She turned tail and ran. 

"After her!" Luke started forward, but Thalia held him back.

"We could be walking into a trap, Luke." She pointed out. "It's best to be careful." He sighed.

"There's something wrong with this place." Hylla murmured. "Someone's watching us." Nico shrugged.

"The monsters. The leader. Anyone could be watching us." He said nonchalantly. 

"And you don't care?"

"Of course I do." He sniffed. "After all, we could be killed at any moment." No one said anything after that.

Hazel led them through the winding tunnels as she spoke. "We're almost directly beneath the Empire State Building." She pointed upwards to another opening. "This will take us to the doorways."

The six climbed up through the hole silently. Surprisingly, there were no monsters or guards at all. When they passed the reception desk, however, there was someone waiting for them there, reading a book in ancient Greek.

"600th floor. Now." Nico slammed three drachmas on the table. The guy looked up with his...wait, what color were his eyes? Nico stared into his eyes, straining to percept what he was seeing.

 No matter how much he concentrated, he couldn't remember what the guy's eye color was. He didn't even know what color hair he had. Nico shrugged off the strange feeling and told himself that he was just giddy with all the things happening now.

He closed his book calmly as if escorting them to a business meeting, slipping the drachmas into his pocket and letting them into the elevator. He pressed the top button for the 600th floor and just folded his hands behind his back. 

Nico couldn't shake the feeling that he knew the person from somewhere. The seconds seemed to pass like hours when they passed each level, until they finally reached the last level of Monster's Olympus.

The golden doors slid open, and the six held their breath as they prepared to see the leader of the monsters sitting on the throne.

"I demand to see the leader of Tartarus' Army!" Nico yelled out bravely. "Show yourself!" He heard a hair-raising chuckle from behind him. Everyone paled, with the exception of Nico being as pale as he could possibly be. 

"How nice of you to visit, Neeks. Miss me?"

lol hehehe

ikr I'm evil >:D