The amount of ✨sass✨

"Miss me, Wise Girl?"

The battlefield went silent, even the monsters freezing in place as if a spell was cast over them.

"The amount of sass in that sentence." Leo breathed. "Amazhang. Ow!" Piper elbowed him, signaling him to shush.

"Never in a million years, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth spat. They circled each other as if they were in a duel.

"Sad, sad, sad." Agnostos said with a fake sort of pity. "How nice of you to join, Percy Jackson. You know that you aren't fooling anyone with that sort of trickery, right?"

"What are you talking about?" Percy growled. "If it's this filthy excuse for a demigod, I'm not trying to fool anyone." He gestured to Annabeth, who seethed with anger. 

"Oh yes, I know who you are, Percy Jackson." He roughly lifted up Percy's chin with a hand, examining his face mockingly. "And you won't be doing any funny business around here." He dropped his jaw suddenly. 

"Ow." Percy rubbed his jaw, which was now red from Agnostos' tight grip.

"What are you talking about?" Annabeth demanded.

"You're not Percy Jackson, of course not." He smiled teasingly. "It's as obvious as the water in the sea."

"I AM Percy Jackson!" Percy insisted. "What the Hades are you talking about?" Agnos snorted.

"First of all, I knew Percy and instead of saying Nico's dad as a curse word which he does not appreciate, by the way, he says Tartarus. Second of all, you're most definitely not Percy, you're way too stupid." He glared at him.

"Prove it." He crossed his arms. Agnos grinned.

"Gladly." He held out his hands, like he was summoning something. 

"What are you doing?" Percy raised an eyebrow. The seconds ticked by, seeming like hours, until a strangled scream came from his throat.

"What are you doing?" Jason cried. "What are you doing to him? Stop it!"

"I'm just proving my facts, Grace." Agnostos hissed through clenched teeth.

"You'll never find out who my master is." Percy tensed as he fell to his knees. "It's impossible."

"I think not." The monster's voice sounded strained as his victim trembled, spasms shaking his body with pain until his features distorted and melted away to reveal an oh-so familiar face.

"Max Smith." Agnostos didn't try to hide his annoyance. "Of course it's you." Max smiled like an insane person, but his lips pressed together like it hurt to move.

"You did a terrible mistake, Agnostos." Max looked up, his grey eyes with a strange sort of glint in them. "Your doom awaits you."

"Why are you talking like that?" He complained. "It sounds so diabolical. Eurgh."

"You were a double agent the whole time, weren't you?" Piper whispered. "A double agent for Kronos!" Max laughed.

"No, not Kronos. Someone else you would never find the identity of." He suddenly lunged at Agnos, his dagger pressed close to his throat.

"You really had to distract me from my disguise, didn't you? You always have to ruin things." Max muttered angrily. "You'll pay for that, Agnostos."

"Get off me, you bitch." Agnostos scowled. "You're too much of a coward to kill me."

"Oh, am I?" Max sneered. "I have you at my mercy, Agnostos. Surrender and you won't die painfully."

"What's the difference?" He grinned cheekily as he kicked Max in the stomach. "Idiot." Max staggered a bit, but it wasn't long before he recovered.

"I'll tell you what your doom is!" Max screeched. "I work for Order, and he will rule the universe with me by his side! He'll kill you. All of you, and those who work for him will be at his right hand." 

"Who the heck is Order?" Agnostos wondered. "Is that like Chaos?"

"The opposite." Max smirked. "The Primordial of balance. Much more powerful than Nemesis."

"I also hate that guy." Renard grumbled. "He's Chaos' worst enemy."

"And he'll be the end of the world." Max added. 

"Well then, I'll be the end of you!" Agnostos slashed forward at Max, who skillfully dodged.

"You'll have to do better than that!" He taunted. "C'mon, are you afraid to lose your hood? Coward." Agnostos fumed with hatred at that little git.

"Oh, I'm not afraid." He said softly. "In fact, you should be."

At Olympus—

It was chaos.

Not the primordial, of course, but then again, perhaps Chaos was manipulating the Olympians' throne room.

"SETTLE DOWN!" Zeus roared. "Camp Half-Blood is under attack with Kronos himself and we must know what is going on!" 

"Iris, can you get a reading on Camp?" Athena asked kindly. The air shimmered, and 10 rainbows appeared in front of the gods.

"Where's Hermes?" Apollo asked worriedly, glancing at the empty throne. "He needs to see this!"

"And Poseidon?" Hestia whispered, trying to keep the flames of the hearth alive. 

"They never came back ever since they went into the Labyrinth." Demeter huffed. "There's absolutely no sunshine there, how could they survive?" Dionysus rolled his eyes.

"Not everyone relies on sunshine to survive, unlike someone here, Demeter." The god of wine sipped some diet coke. 

"Apollo is sunshine, idiot." She snapped. 

"Everyone, hush!" Hera ordered. 

"Athena, is this your son?" Artemis pointed to the image of Max. Athena nodded.

"Yes, why—holy owl." She stared at him admit he was working for Order.

"Did I hear that right?" Hephaestus stared at his Iris Message.

"At least your son can fight." Ares grunted. "I thought he was 

"You'll have to do better than that!" His voice sounded taunting towards a certain cloaked figure. Agnostos.  "C'mon, are you afraid to lose your hood? Coward."

"Oh, I'm not afraid." Agnostos said so quietly that most of the gods had to strain their ears to hear. "In fact, you should be." He pulled down his hood, his jaw stiffened with anger. Chorused gasps echoed throughout the throne room as the one and only face of Percy Jackson.

"Perry Johnasson." Dionysus growled.

"Dionysus!" All of the gods scolded in various versions.

"Shh!" Aphrodite hissed. "I wanna listen."

At Camp Half-Blood—

"Percy." Annabeth whispered. "I knew it."

"No you didn't." He smirked, his black eye gleaming ominously. "You just ignored the fact that I was here all along, a spy for Kronos."

"You lied! You said that you would never betray us!" Piper accused.

"And you believed it." He retorted. "Pathetic."

"Wow. This dude has awesome comebacks." Leo grinned.

"Shut it, Valdez!" Jason, Nico, and Annabeth said at the same time.

"Jeez, guys." Leo put his hands up in surrender. "Just saying."

"Why?" Connor asked. "I trusted you!" Percy's face fell.

"I trusted all of you too, but then you went and went on the gods' side that I committed murder and was a traitor! I would never." He glared at all of them.

"Percy, I'm sorry—" Nico started, but got cut off.

"Don't be sorry, Death Breath. It's too late." Percy said coldly. "Kronos will rule over the Olympians' thrones, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Not if I can help it!"