Chapter 28: The Genius Shisui

"The test begins!"

As Shisui took the stage first, Yuhi immediately announced the start of the assessment with a solemn voice.

"Is that the young boy, the renowned Uchiha prodigy, Shisui?"

"He certainly looks like a remarkable talent!"

"Although he's an Uchiha prodigy, is it not too challenging for him to face three Genin ninja simultaneously?"

When Shisui, the prodigious young Uchiha known throughout the clan, took the stage, the surrounding crowd immediately stirred with curiosity.

The Uchiha clan itself was the foremost family in Konoha and, indeed, in the entire ninja world, having maintained its prestigious status since the Warring States period.

A prodigious young Uchiha, especially one with a reputation like Shisui's, naturally drew the attention of everyone.

"These youngsters nowadays are truly remarkable. They're applying for graduation at such a young age."

As he looked at Shisui, who was only six years old, a plain-looking Genin ninja remarked.

"Are you Uchiha Shisui? Your name has been frequently heard in the village these past years."

Among the three Genin ninja, the one standing in the middle displayed a hint of admiration. Shisui's name had been widely spoken of over the last two years.

"Hmph, what Uchiha clan prodigy..."

"He's just a six-year-old kid!"

The last Genin ninja crossed his arms, a look of disdain on his face. No matter how much of a prodigy he might be, he was just a six-year-old child. How could he possibly be a match for elite Genin ninja who had seen combat, and not to mention, facing three of them at once?

"Three seniors, please forgive me."

In the face of the different attitudes of the three Genin ninja, Shisui remained unfazed. He extended his hand, showing a courteous hand sign with two fingers in front of him.

The Opposite Seal - this was the etiquette between ninja before training battles. After the battle, they would perform the Reconciliation Seal, signifying that they were comrades.

"Hmph, at least this kid knows manners..."

Seeing Shisui's modesty and politeness, the demeanor of the lead Genin ninja softened somewhat.

He then raised one hand and formed an Opposite Seal himself.

"Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh!"

However, just as the last Genin ninja completed the Opposite Seal, several piercing sounds cut through the air.

Before their eyes, the air was filled with a dozen kunai blades spinning rapidly, approaching from various angles: above, below, left, and right.

So fast!

Seeing Shisui's incredibly precise kunai jutsu, the three Genin ninja were startled, immediately discarding any underestimation they may have had.

"Spread out!"

Faced with Shisui's relentless kunai assault, the Genin ninja in the middle shouted, and the three of them quickly moved apart.

"It's too late..."

Seeing the three Genin ninja rapidly spreading out, Shisui's black eyes flashed with determination. "Let's deal with one of them first."

"Clang, clang!"

With two crisp metallic clashes, in the astonished eyes of the middle Genin ninja, he saw two kunai, initially thrown later than the others, changing their flight trajectory accurately and piercing him from an impossible angle!

"Itoh!"

Just as he dodged to the side, he saw one of his companions among the three falling.

The remaining two Genin ninja were taken aback, and they exclaimed in shock.

"Wow!!!"

"How is this possible?!"

First, there was a stifling tension, and then the onlookers in the crowd erupted into loud cheers.

For a six-year-old boy to face three Genin ninja simultaneously, whether he could hold on for five minutes was a suspenseful question.

However, not even five seconds into the practical survival assessment, an experienced Genin ninja had already fallen.

Witnessing this unbelievable scene on the training ground, everyone present was stunned.

"Such amazing kunai jutsu!"

"To directly defeat a Genin ninja..."

"Indeed, Shisui, the Uchiha prodigy known among the elite!"

One of the Chunin ninjas in the crowd couldn't help but reveal astonishment.

Shisui's exquisite kunai jutsu just now was something he himself couldn't achieve.

"Hmph, these idiots..."

"They underestimated Shisui's abilities too much."

While everyone was shocked by Shisui's incredible strength on the training ground, Yu, who was observing the battle from the side, had a somewhat disdainful expression on his face.

Graduated from the ninja academy at age seven, awakened the Sharingan at eight, became a Chunin at ten, and became the captain of an ANBU team and annihilated his clan at thirteen, defeating Orochimaru and cutting off one of his arms at a young age - these were the extremely abnormal records of Uchiha Itachi, also known as the "Weasel God," of the original story.

However, everyone might overlook one terrifying aspect - Itachi's mentor and close friend, Uchiha Shisui, had created records during this wartime era even more formidable than Itachi's.

In the original story, when Itachi was still a Genin, Shisui, who was a few years older, had already become a Chunin. Later, he became the captain of Konoha's ANBU, and please note, he was a captain, not just a squad leader.

Leaving aside the highest-level Genjutsu eye of the Uchiha clan - the Kotoamatsukami, and the renowned Shunshin no Jutsu, Shisui's kunai jutsu was unquestionably superior to Itachi's.

So, without exaggeration or understatement, when everyone saw Shisui's astonishing strength on the training ground, there was only one person present, a transmigrator named Yu, who wasn't surprised.

"Damn Uchiha kid!!"

Seeing Shisui take down one of his comrades in an instant, the two remaining Genin ninja no longer dared to be careless.

One of them, taking advantage of his companion's cover, quickly maneuvered behind Shisui. Shouting loudly, he swung a sharp kunai toward Shisui's back.

"Be careful!"

The crowd watching around them tensed up. It seemed that no one wanted to see the young Uchiha prodigy collapse on the field.

"Bang!"

However, just as the sharp kunai in the Genin ninja's hand struck Shisui's back, his face suddenly paled. Shisui in front of him had transformed into a white puff of smoke and vanished.

"Substitution jutsu?!"

"How is that possible? When did he form the hand sign..."

As the Genin ninja was shocked, a pitch-black kunai was already against his throat.

"Just when your comrade was providing cover for you..."

"He also created an opportunity for me to form the hand sign."

With a calm voice, Shisui, appearing behind the Genin ninja, spoke.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter