Chapter 59: Promotion to Special Jonin

As the sun descended in the west, the time quickly approached dusk. The afterglow of the setting sun bathed the entire Death Forest, occasionally interrupted by the eerie calls of birds, making the atmosphere even more desolate.

In the Death Forest, where the second round of the Chunin exams was taking place, the situation was unusually quiet and unsettling at this moment. Time passed unnoticed, and finally, two Chunin on duty slowly entered the endpoint tower of the Death Forest.

"Hey, I mean..."
One of the Chunin complained incessantly as he opened the door, "Do we really need to come so early? It's only been half a day! Those Genin are probably still inside the Death Forest fighting over the scrolls!"

"That's not necessarily true..."
"In every Chunin exam, there are always some formidable Genin. They might have already reached the endpoint by this time."

After unsealing the seal on the door, the other Chunin said, pushing open the door to the tower in front of them.

"This... What is this?!"

However, after the door was pushed open, the two Chunin were directly stunned by the scene before them.

"Finally, someone came..."

"Your efficiency in handling things is really not commendable..."

A calm and indifferent voice sounded, and a young man with white hair and a handsome face was leisurely sitting on a pile of Ninja. His profound gaze looked at the two of them, and at his feet was a pile of 'Heaven' and 'Earth' scrolls.

"How... How could this be?!"

The two Konoha Chunin were so frightened that they couldn't speak. One of them even sat directly on the ground.

"Twenty-one scrolls, not a single one missing, all here."

"I guess... I have already passed this exam, haven't I?"

Ignoring the two Chunin who were already shocked beside him, Yu casually spoke and stepped into the tower's door.

"But for the next third round of the exam..."

Having entered the tower, Yu's lips curved into a playful smile. "I think, except for me, there's probably no one else eligible to participate..."

...

"Trouble! Lord Hokage!!"

In Lord Third Hokage's office, a Ninja suddenly pushed open the door and rushed in.

"Why such a flustered appearance! Maintain some decorum!!"

Seeing his subordinate Ninja barging in without knocking, Lord Third, who was reviewing frontline reports, frowned slightly.

"Ah... I apologize, Lord Hokage..."

After entering, the Ninja spoke breathlessly, "But... but the results of the Chunin exam are out!!"

"The results are out? How could it be so fast..."

Lord Third, still immersed in reading documents, obviously hadn't grasped the situation yet. However, soon, he froze, "No, the second round of the Chunin exam just started this afternoon..."

Staring sharply at the Ninja in front of him, Lord Third's face was filled with skepticism, "The third round of the exam is scheduled to begin three days later. How could the results be available now?"

Is

"It's... it's Yakushi Yu."

"That guy defeated all the Ninjas in this Chunin exam and single-handedly took all the scrolls from them."