Chapter 173: Kaguya Kimimaro

On this clear morning, in the forest beside the Water Country village.

"No, that's not it, try again..."

Haku, who was practicing tree climbing with Chakra, once again fell from a tall tree.

Due to Haku's innate talent since childhood, Yu could see that Haku had already refined a considerable amount of Chakra and had awakened the Ice Release Kekkei Genkai, which was a fusion of water and wind Chakra attributes.

However, since no one had taught Haku any techniques or basics, Yu had taught him the method of using Chakra to climb trees and walk on water yesterday. Taking advantage of the day when the accumulated snow had melted and the sun had come out, Haku came alone to the nearby forest to practice.

"No, I must succeed this time..."

"I absolutely cannot... disappoint Yu-sama!"

After climbing up and falling down again, Haku gritted his teeth and continued to concentrate Chakra on the soles of his feet, walking up the large tree.

Haku didn't like fighting, but for the sake of Yu-sama's needs and to protect the people important to him, he had to persevere.

Focused under the large tree, repeatedly gathering Chakra to practice tree climbing, Haku's flawless face was unconsciously covered in fine beads of sweat.

Unbeknownst to the diligently practicing Haku, on the other side of the stream under a large tree, a white-haired boy of similar age was sitting quietly, watching him.

'Such a beautiful person... the boy marveled.'

"Why is he working so hard... What is the meaning of living?" the boy wondered as he silently lowered his head, watching Haku fall and climb up again across the stream.

"Hmm?"

Finally noticing that someone on the other side of the stream was observing him, Haku refocused and looked over.

White hair, emerald green eyes, slightly pale skin, adorned with two crimson marks on the forehead—handsome in appearance, but with a somewhat vacant gaze fixed upon him.

"Who... are you?" Haku wiped away the fine sweat on his face, looking at the boy across from him in astonishment.

"Uh... sorry!"

The boy's voice sounded a bit awkward, realizing that he might have disrupted the practice of the handsome young man across from him.

"No problem..."

Haku smiled and shook his head, looking at him with some curiosity. "Why are you alone here?"

"Alone..."

The boy muttered, lowering his head in silence. In his ice-green eyes seemed to hide an unknown past, his tone somewhat elusive. "Yeah, I've always been alone. I don't even know why I'm here..."

"Don't know?"

Haku paused, realizing that the gaze of this white-haired boy resembled his own from the past. If he hadn't encountered Yu-sama yesterday, would he too have worn such a lonely and hollow look?

"Your gaze is quite similar to how I used to be."

Looking at the boy across from him, Haku's lips formed a beautiful curve.

"How you used to be?"

The boy gazed at Haku, and from Haku's eyes, he could see something that he had never possessed.

"Yeah... but now I've met Yu-sama sama..."

Speaking up to this point, a joyful smile appeared on Haku's face. "I won't be left unneeded anymore..."