Chapter 51: Chaotic Puppetry

"Fine..."

"Though it seems like luck isn't completely against us today."

After snapping out of their initial shock, and witnessing the five incapacitated figures lying on the ground before them, a sinister grin crept onto Jinpachi Munashi's face.

"Even though we encountered a formidable maniac..."

"But killing you little demons should help us recoup our losses!"

Brandishing his Explosive Blade: Splash high into the air, Jinpachi Munashi raised it menacingly. His first target was the closest to him: Yuhi Kurenai.

"Kurenai?!"

"You vile scoundrel! Cease this at once!"

Seeing Jinpachi Munashi about to strike down Kurenai, Might Guy and Genma, who were lying nearby, roared with anger.

Is this the end...?

Helplessly sprawled on the ground, Kurenai watched as Jinpachi Munashi swung the Explosive Blade: Splash down upon her. She couldn't help but display a look of frustration on her face. Her crimson eyes, instinctively darting to Yu lying across from her, bore witness to an incredible sight.

"Boom!"

A distinct cracking sound, followed by splatters of blood.

Everyone froze in shock. Even Jinpachi Munashi, standing before Kurenai, was dumbfounded. A thin, high-speed wire shot out from behind him, piercing through his left shoulder blade like a bullet.

"I couldn't move... How?!"

With his left shoulder blade pierced and his left arm hanging limp, Jinpachi Munashi, an elite Jonin, gritted his teeth through the excruciating pain. He swiftly transferred the Explosive Blade: Splash from his left hand to his right.

Turning abruptly to look at the youngest white-haired boy behind him, he stared in astonishment.

On the grassy field before their eyes, they saw Yu, severely injured and barely able to move. Yet, he had managed to use hisremaining chakra to create several strands of blue chakra threads that were clinging to his limbs!

As if manipulating a puppet, he forcibly controlled his own body, standing up to continue the fight. In his amber eyes, an indomitable will and determination burned brightly, impossible to conceal.

"Yu?!"

Seeing Yu in this condition and sensing the blazing determination in his eyes, both Kurenai and Might Guy were left speechless.

"Ugh... I almost had his heart..." "Just a bit more."

Seeing that Jinpachi Munashi hadn't been killed by him, Yu's face showed a trace of frustration. "I can't believe I had to resort to this jutsu... I'm really not used to it."

"What is... that?"

With his left arm hanging limp, Jinpachi Munashi stared at Yu in disbelief. "Chakra threads... Is this the Puppetry Jutsu of Sunagakure?"

"Not Sunagakure's Puppetry Jutsu."

"This is my own creation: Chaotic Puppetry."

Facing Jinpachi Munashi's incredulous gaze, Yu, who had used a few strands of blue chakra threads to manipulate his body back into battle, explained, "I bind the chakra threads to the parts of my body that I can't move, turning my immobilized body into a puppet that I can forcibly control regardless of injuries or dammage"

"Whether it's severed tendons or shattered bones, they become meaningless against this jutsu. It's a ninjutsu designed for fighting to the bitter end."

Indeed, Chaotic Puppetry.

In the world of "Bleach," it was the highest-level combat technique employed by Quincy who, despite being aged or severely injured, wished to continue battling before their bodies turned to dust. Inspired by Sunagakure's Puppetry Jutsu, Yu had independently developed this technique.

However, Yu hadn't expected that he would have to use this technique one day. A close one at that...

"Chaotic Puppetry?"

Staring at Yu, who was manipulating his severely injured body like a puppet with strands of blue chakra threads, Jinpachi Munashi was awestruck by his eyes filled with unwavering resolve.

"Even though he can't move due to his injuries from the earlier explosion... he's still struggling to fight to the death?"

"Yu..." Hearing Jinpachi Munashi's words, Yu's teammates lying on the ground, Kurenai and Guy, felt as though they were in the presence of a radiant force.

That was the radiance of a true warrior. A shinobi with this kind of determination was destined to stand at the pinnacle of the shinobi world.

"Young one, what is your name?"

Fixated on Yu, who was now drawing nearer at astonishing speed, Jinpachi Munashi tightened his grip on the Explosive Blade: Splash. A complex expression, gradually transforming into one of ferocity, appeared in his lone eye.

"If you don't die at my hands today..."

"In the future, your name will undoubtedly echo throughout the shinobi world!"

Lightning release: Chidori!!

Sensing Jinpachi Munashi's surging killing intent, Yu, using Chaotic Puppetry to control his body, formed the seals and unleashed Chidori.

"Yakushi Yu..."

"Remember the name of the one who killed you."

Amidst the cries of countless birds, Yu spoke his name.

The potent chakra from the formidable Lightning release technique rejuvenated him somewhat.

This was his last reserve of chakra. Locking his gaze onto Jinpachi Munashi before him, Yu began to sprint at lightning speed.

In the original story, when Kakashi developed the Chidori, Minato Namikaze warned him that the immense cellular activity caused by Chidori's power made it difficult to control his speed during the attack, potentially rendering him vulnerable to counterattacks. This made it an imperfect technique.

However, Yu believed that Minato Namikaze's warning applied only to the twelve-year-old Kakashi at the time. For individuals with sharp reflexes and sufficient strength, they could adjust their movements in battle to anticipate their opponent's counterattacks.

This applied to the Fourth Raikage, Killer Bee and even Kakashi himself in his prime.

Despite not possessing the Sharingan, all of these late-game shinobi mastered the Chidori and its immense speed, provided they had quick reflexes and the strength to control it.

While Yu's current strength couldn't compare to these legendary figures, his exceptional natural shinobi talent, combined with the modifications from his thread thread Fruit, granted him the extraordinary reflexes needed to perfectly control the Chidori's speed.

"What an astonishing Lightning release jutsu... But this is where it ends, kid!!"

Watching Yu approach him at an incredible speed, Jinpachi Munashi swung the Explosive Blade: Splash, and his lone eye emitted a chilling gleam.

Explosive Blade Ninjutsu: Shattered Life!!

On the massive scroll affixed to the Explosive Blade: Splash, countless explosive tags ignited in the air. Jinpachi Munashi aimed to form an explosive ring and turn Yu into ashes!

No turning back!!

As Yu saw Jinpachi Munashi drawing closer and closer, he gritted his teeth and accelerated his sprint once more.

He had to kill Jinpachi Munashi before the explosive scroll detonated; otherwise, they would all meet their end right here.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter