Chapter 80: The Mysterious Anbu Ninja

Witnessing such a scene with one's own eyes, Yu finally understood that Guy's temporary surpassing of Kakashi in the later stages was not without reason. One was a genius ninja renowned throughout the village since his youth, while the other was a late bloomer without any Ninjutsu talent since his early years.

For those familiar with Naruto, they know that Kakashi was undoubtedly a prodigious ninja in his youth. Graduating from the Ninja Academy at the age of five, a record that remains unbroken to this day, he became a Jonin at the age of twelve. During this time, he independently developed the A-rank Ninjutsu, Chidori, making him the center of attention.

However, everything changed after Obito's sacrifice and later, when he personally killed Rin. Kakashi fell into a state of deep despair, and from that time onward, for more than a decade, his strength only grew from a Jonin to an elite Jonin, stagnating along the way.

In the later stages, he was completely surpassed by three of his disciples, and during the Fourth Great Ninja War, he became a hindrance to the main characters. Uchiha Madara took away his Sharingan, leaving him powerless to resist.

Although in the final battle, Team 7 forcefully intervened, even bringing Obito back to lend Kakashi a pair of Sharingan, it couldn't conceal the pale state of Kakashi's mid-to-late-stage strength.

As for Guy, who lacked ninja talent from a young age, he gradually caught up with Kakashi's pace through day after day, year after year, of relentless effort.

Although he always proclaimed his desire to defeat the genius ninja Kakashi, Guy quietly unleashed the formation of the Eight Inner Gates in the later stages. His combat power once surpassed that of Uchiha Madara in Six Paths mode, stunning countless spectators!

Anyone putting in effort deserves respect. Even though Guy's current strength might not match his own, he reminded Yu through his actions: Never slack off in one's own progress.

"Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh!!"

Just as Yu was deeply engrossed in watching Might Guy's training, sharp sounds suddenly rang through the air. Six black flashes, shaped like shuriken, swiftly shot towards Yu from various angles.

"Clang, clang, clang!!"

Not only that, but the six shuriken collided with each other in mid-air. They instantly changed trajectories in a way that caught people off guard, and midway through, they shifted to a different angle, aiming directly at Yu.

Observation Haki sensed this sudden attack. With a slight sway of his body, Yu narrowly avoided all six sharp shuriken, which fiercely embedded themselves into the ground beneath him.

"An ANBU Ninja?"

Examining the Ninja who had just attacked him, wearing a cat-faced mask, Yu couldn't help but furrow his brow.

However, in the next moment, as he took in the ANBU Ninja's Familiar stature, Yu seemed to realize something, and a faint smile crept onto his lips.

"Puppet Jutsu: Manipulating Attack Blades!"

Despite the surprise in the eyes of the ANBU Ninja, Yu's hand movements remained fluid. His right hand's five fingers danced gracefully, and suddenly, five blue Chakra Threads shot out from his fingertips.

Lifting the five shuriken from the ground, he swiftly manipulated them through the air, creating sharp arcs aimed at the ANBU Ninja!

This was the essence of Puppet Jutsu as recorded in Chiyo's Puppet Scroll, and Yu had already mastered it over the past two months.

"You actually used Chakra Threads to manipulate my shuriken?"

Clearly, the ANBU Ninja hadn't anticipated that Yu would employ Sand's renowned Puppet Jutsu to control his shuriken.