Chapter 56: The Beginning of the Second Round

Although Lord Third had suggested yesterday that he be assigned to another Ninja team for this exam, Yu politely declined. Lord Third, understanding his true abilities, did not object and agreed to his request to participate in the Chunin Exam alone.

"Examiner, may I submit my paper?" Amidst intense writing, Yu completed his exam in about twenty minutes. He raised his hand in front of the astonished eyes of the other Ninja, then stood up, handed the paper to the examiner, and left the examination room.

"Yakushi Yu?" Examining the name on the paper, Chief Examiner Hyuga Tokugen seemed to recognize Yu's identity. "It seems this kid is the genius everyone in the village has been talking about recently."

"Is it true? How did he finish the exam so quickly?!" Some ninjas wondered.

"Could Konoha be giving their own ninjas special treatment?!"

Seeing Yu submit his paper so quickly, the Genin ninjas in the examination room, who were still contemplating their answers, began to murmur.

"Don't worry; that Konoha brat won't be smug for long."

"Wait until the second test, the survival exercise. We'll teach him a lesson then."

Several Rain Ninjas, who were pondering the answers, revealed a malicious glint in their eyes.

Meanwhile, Yu, who had walked out of the examination room, silently leaned against the railing in the corridor, closing his eyes to refine his chakra.

He carefully observed the group of ninjas in the exam room just now. Most of them were at the level of Genin ninjas. Although a few had reached the level of Chunin ninjas, their abilities did not pose a significant threat to him at the moment.

Forty minutes passed in the blink of an eye, and the first round of the exam concluded. Ninjas in the exam room began to submit their papers one after another. The examiner stood on the platform, conducting on-the-spot evaluations and announcing the results.

"I declare the list of ninjas who successfully passed the first round of the Chunin Exam as follows!"

"Fuma Hikari, Genin ninja from the Land of Rice Fields. Ran Kimaru, Genin ninja from Grass Village. Murasaki, Genin ninja from Rain Village. Yakushi Yu, Genin ninja from Konoha. Shiro Yuki, Genin ninja from Konoha..."

It took about ten minutes for the names of the sixty-one individuals who successfully passed the first round of the exam to be announced by the examiner.

"I am the chief examiner for the second round, Aburame Toneru. Congratulations to all of you for successfully passing the first round."

At this point, a ninja wearing a green vest and black sunglasses entered the examination room. "A total of one hundred and twenty ninjas are participating in the Chunin Exam in Konoha. Now, we have sixty-one remaining."

"Next... please follow me to the venue for the second round of the exam."

Aburame clan ninja... Looking at the chief examiner for the second round, Aburame Toneru, Yu couldn't help but recall Aburame Shiro, a fellow student from the ninja school.

After a five-minute journey, the Genin ninjas who passed the first round followed Chief Examiner Aburame Toneru to a vast and dense forest.

"We've arrived. This is the venue for the second round of the exam, the survival exercise—the Forest of Death."

After leading everyone to the Forest of Death, Examiner Aburame Toneru began explaining the rules for the second round of the exam. "Now, each team will receive a scroll labeled either 'Heaven' or 'Earth'..."