Chapter 60: Direct Student

Regarding that matter?

Yu was momentarily surprised, then immediately caught on. He took a deep breath and looked firmly at Lord Third.

"To receive the favor of Lord Third Hokage is my honor, and I have no objections."

What a joke. An orphan picked up from the battlefield, he would be out of his mind to refuse being accepted as a student by Konoha's Lord Third Hokage.

"Hahaha... Excellent!"

"I'll spread this good news right away!"

Seeing Yu's agreement, Lord Third burst into hearty laughter. Having such a talented student in his later years was truly gratifying for him.

"However, Yu, shouldn't you change the way you address me now?"

"Uh... Sensei Sarutobi."

...

The Chunin exam has concluded.

The news of Konoha's prodigious ninja, Yakushi Yu, defeating all the exam participants in the Chunin exam and receiving an unprecedented promotion to Special Jonin, along with being taken as a student by Lord Third Hokage, stirred the entire village of Konoha.

A six-year-old Special Jonin, now also known as the junior student of Lord Third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen, created waves throughout Konoha, becoming the legendary junior apprentice of the Three Ninjas.

When this news was brought back to their respective villages by the ninjas who participated in today's Chunin exam, the entire ninja world was shaken!

In the Uchiha clan's territory:

"Yu is already a Special Jonin?!"
"And he's taken as a student by Lord Hokage?!"

Shisui, who had just returned from a special mission, was stunned. "The gap between us is actually getting wider..."

"No way! After the New Year, I'm also going to participate in the Chunin exam..."

Upon hearing this news, Shisui intensified his training even more. "I can't let that guy leave me far behind!"
...
At the roots, in the underground base...

"Special Jonin, huh?"

Seated at the desk, listening to the reports from his subordinates, Danzo's face revealed a greedy expression. "Yakushi Yu, I knew I didn't misjudge you. Truly an undisputed genius."

"But..."

Seemingly realizing something, a deeply ominous scowl darkened his face. "To become Sarutobi's student, damn it..."

"Sarutobi, so it was your idea..."

Subconsciously gripping the armrest of his chair, Danzo's eyes showed profound resentment and ambition.

"One day, I will sit in the Hokage's position..."

"Let everyone know that darkness is the true essence of a ninja..."
...
Konoha Orphanage:

"Special Jonin?!"
"And you became a student of Lord Third Hokage?!"

Hearing the news brought back by Yu, within the spacious wooden building, Yakushi Nonou and everyone else were utterly shocked.

"So... because of my responsibilities in the Konoha Medical Corps and my training..."

"Starting from tomorrow, I'll be moving out to live alone, but no matter what..."

Looking at Yakushi Nonou, who was completely stunned, and the group of bewildered companions around him, Yu earnestly spoke, "Headmistress, all of you are my family."