Chapter 43: A New Mission

Second chapter for today
-----

Yu changed the way he released his ninjutsu.

He compressed it and fused it with himself, finally developing a forbidden jutsu like "Shunko"

Not only did it have a dazzling appearance, but its effects were also remarkable. It effortlessly granted him strength ten times greater than his own.

If the Eight Inner Gates were a technique that involved reckless and desperate fighting, then the "Shunko" that Yu had developed was a technique that required strategy and finesse.

However, the chakra and physical energy consumption was extremely high. After just using it, Yu felt as if he were on the brink of collapse.

"You... you madman..."

"It seems like you're eager to die early and let me devour your soul!"

The Devil within Yu was clearly infuriated and didn't know what to say.

"Well, don't be in such a hurry to be angry."

"My shadow clone sent a message. It seems the Third Hokage is looking for me."

Calming the angered Devil within himself, Yu received a message from his shadow clone. He then put on his kimono again and left the already devastated forest.

A few minutes later, two Anbu ninjas arrived at the forest where Yu had been.

"What is this?!"

The two Anbu ninjas were astonished when they saw the destroyed forest and the newly formed lake. They examined the signs of destruction and quickly made their judgment.

"Incredible destructive power, the terrain has been altered..."

"This seems to be the result of very powerful Water Release ninjutsu. We should report this to the Hokage right away!"

After uttering those words, the two Anbu ninjas disappeared from the forest.

...

Back at the Konoha Medical Department, a member of the Anbu was waiting for Yu's return.

"Yakushi Yu."

"The Hokage wishes to see you. He has a new mission to assign to you."

Seeing Yu's return, the Anbu member spoke.

"Understood, I'll go there now."

Upon hearing the Anbu's words, Yu nodded. With a sharp sound, he retracted his shadow clone, which looked exactly like him.

Since the Medical Department wasn't too busy that day, Yu had left a shadow clone behind while he went to train in the back of the Konoha Village.

After dismissing the shadow clone, Yu felt his chakra return, filling his body once more.

After about five minutes, Yu followed the Anbu ninja to the Hokage's office.

"Hehe, Yu, you're here."

Seeing Yu's arrival, the Third Hokage smiled kindly, put down his pipe, and spoke to Yu.

"Hokage-sama, is there a new mission for me?"

Upon entering the office, Yu noticed that, besides the Third Hokage, there were four other ninjas present.

Two young boys wearing blue headbands, one with black sunglasses and another with a senbon needles in his mouth.

And there was another boy dressed in a skin-tight, eye-catching green jumpsuit with a distinctive bowl haircut. His thick black eyebrows and frequent displays of white teeth gave Yu goosebumps.

Ebisu, Genma, and the future strongest Taijutsu user – Might Guy.

Yu immediately recognized their identities with just one look.

As Yu observed them, they too looked at him curiously, trying to connect the dots between the six-year-old white-haired boy before them and the renowned genius recently discussed in the village.

"You must be Yakushi Yu, right?"

A gentle voice spoke, and Yu glanced up to see a girl standing in front of him.

She had long, dark, slightly wavy hair and was wearing a white and red-trimmed ninja skirt. She looked both pure and charming, with big red eyes that were curiously examining him.

"Father mentioned you. He said you were the most outstanding young shinobi he's ever seen."

"Today, I finally get to meet you, and I didn't expect you to be such a handsome little brother."

Is that Kurenai Yuhi?!

Seeing the girl in front of him, Yu recognized her – A future Jonin from Konoha, the older sister everyone was charmed by her looks.

But now, they were all around eleven or twelve years old, having recently become Chunin this year.

"It turns out to be Kurenai-senpai..."

"Thank you. I often hear Mr. Yuhi mention you."

Facing the appraising gaze of the beautiful girl in front of him, Yu lowered his head slightly and said humbly.

Kurenai Yuhi is the only daughter of Yu's ninja instructor at the ninja school.

"Yu, I've summoned you here today because there's a new mission for you."

At this point, the Third Hokage cleared his throat, diverting everyone's attention.

"A new mission?"

Yu looked at the Third Hokage with curiosity.

"Yes, it's an A-ranked reconnaissance mission to investigate the battlefield."

The Third Hokage explained the mission's details, his face turning serious.

"Konoha is currently facing pressure from three fronts: Suna, Iwa, and Kumo..."

"Recently, our ninja scouts have reported that the Mist Village is gathering a large number of ninjas near the border of the Fire Country, and we suspect they're planning something."

The Third Hokage's expression grew solemn as he looked at the four young Chunin and Yu, who were all kneeling before him.

"Genma, Ebisu, Kurenai, and Guy..."

"As newly promoted Chunin, I am ordering you to investigate the situation at the border."

"Yes, sir!"

Yu and the four young Chunin responded in unison.

After receiving the mission instructions from the Third Hokage and hearing Might Guy's cheerful voice, they left the Hokage's office.

In the corridor outside the Hokage's office...

"The Number One Genius of Konoha... Everyone in the village has been talking about you lately!"

Walking beside Yu, Kurenai Yuhi smiled playfully.

"It's just everyone showing their appreciation... Kurenai-senpai is even more beautiful than I imagined."

Upon hearing Yu's sincere compliment, Kurenai Yuhi blushed and covered her face with her hands, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Hmph, what 'Number One Genius of Konoha'? He's just a kid who graduated from the Ninja Academy."

Hearing the snarky remark. Yu glanced back and saw Genma Shiranui walking behind them with a senbon in his mouth, speaking with a somewhat scornful tone.

"Hmm?"

Yu turned his head and realized that Genma Shiranui and Ebisu seemed to have unfriendly expressions.

"Don't be like that, Genma."

Seeing the tense atmosphere, Might Guy, who was walking beside them, quickly tried to lighten the mood.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter