Chapter 132: Gekko Hayate's Jealousy

Just like the Gekko Hayate of this period.

Since successfully becoming a Chunin, Uzuki Yugao joined the ANBU directly under the Hokage's command in Konoha.

"Damn it... ever since you encountered that kid Yakushi Yu, you've become completely infatuated."

"What kind of drug did that kid give you? Making you ignore even a friend you grew up with like me?!"

Ignoring Yugao's helpless expression, Gekko Hayate continued with a disgruntled look, "After all this time, don't you know my feelings for you?!"

"And don't be fooled by that kid's current surface success..."

"But he has made many enemies on the battlefield, offended several Elders in Konoha, and there won't be a good ending for him in the future..."

"That's enough, Hayate!!"

Hearing Gekko Hayate becoming more and more outrageous, Uzuki Yugao finally exploded, "Regardless, Yu is a hero and contributor to our Konoha. Speaking ill of him behind his back like this really disappoints me."

"Alright, I admit what you said is correct."

"Indeed, from the moment I met him, I was drawn to him."

"I like him. Every moment since I've known him, I've wanted to be with him."

Staring at Gekko Hayate before her, Yugao's bright and cold eyes mixed with anger, but her words couldn't help revealing a maiden's tenderness.

"We grew up together, it's true, but I've never had any feelings for you beyond friendship."

"Satisfied now? If it's not related to missions in the future, I think we shouldn't meet again."

After saying this, Yugao didn't cast another glance at Gekko Hayate and walked straight past him.

"Yugao, you..."

Seeing Yugao explode at him, Gekko Hayate was completely stunned.

Every word the girl in front of him uttered undoubtedly felt like a sharp knife stabbing into his heart.

"We've been childhood friends, and yet you've truly fallen for that kid... Damn it..."

Fingers dug deep into the palms, the physical pain couldn't compare to the anger burning in Gekko Hayate's heart at this moment—anyone can become ruthless if they've tasted the bitterness of jealousy.

"Yugao."

At this moment, a sudden voice from the side left both Gekko Hayate and Yugao stunned.

"Yu?!"

Her cold eyes widened suddenly, and Yugao, who had been in a bad mood, seemed to hear the most pleasant voice in the world, immediately turning around in surprise.

Just in time to see a young man in a black Ninja hoodie standing under a nearby tree, pale hair like moonlight, a delicate and handsome face - he was exactly the young man she had longed for.

"Long time no see, I'm back..."

Feeling the surprised gaze of the charming girl in front of him, Yu awkwardly scratched his nose.

He had heard every word Yugao said to Gekko Hayate just now. He didn't expect to encounter Yugao, who was on a mission, here today, and coincidentally, he also heard the girl expressing her feelings for him.

The somewhat gloomy mood from the recent dispute in the Hokage's office vanished in an instant.

"Is it you?!"