Chapter 162: Land Of Blood Mist

'Truly worthy of being the strongest Genjutsu Ninja...

Surprisingly, there is not the slightest trace of him using Genjutsu that can be perceived...'

Witnessing this scene, Yu silently took note in his heart. It's worth noting that Shisui hasn't even used the Mangekyo-level Dojutsu yet; he only used the power with his ordinary Three Tomoe Sharingan.

Successfully passing through the Mist Shinobi check, Yu's group finally moved smoothly within the borders of the Water Country.

Along the way, mist pervaded the air. The Water Country is not only known by that name—it also has another name, the Land of Mist, which is the origin of the Mist Shinobi's name.

As one of the Five Great Nations in the ninja world, although the land of the Water Country is surrounded on all sides by the sea, it still has many mountainous terrains.

In addition, the various-sized islands around the main island have different customs deeply rooted in them, and there are also many islanders who live according to these customs.

Due to being distant from the mainland and the barrier of the ocean, one of the reasons why the Water Country rarely intervened in past ninja world wars was evident.

This country is shrouded in mist almost throughout the year, like the Kirigakure Ninja Village, which is situated in a deep valley. When thick fog fills the air, the Mist Shinobi activate their barriers. Inside the deep fog, nothing is visible, and if someone not from the Kirigakure Village were to intrude, they probably wouldn't even know how they met their end.

Kirigakure Village is located on a group of isolated islands, and the only way to enter is by boat, or as Yu and his team are doing now—rushing over the surface of the sea.

"The village covered in dense fog ahead is Kirigakure," Shisui said as Yu and the others stopped, standing on the surface of the sea, gazing at the islands shrouded in thick mist in the distance.

"What's the plan now? Are we going to handle the Mist Shinobi's check as we did before and enter the village head-on?" Yu looked at Shisui, as this mission was actually being executed by Shisui's team, and he was just called in by Hiruzen to assist them.

"Yeah, this time, my team will be responsible for infiltrating Kirigakure to gather information. Yu, you'll be in charge of supporting us from here," Shisui said, already swiftly formulating the tactics.

"Alright, you guys be careful then."

Having heard Shisui's arrangement, Yu shrugged indifferently. After all, he was just here to lend a hand.

"After us! Move!!"

With the task assignments completed, Shisui led his three teammates swiftly towards Kirigakure Ninja Village, shrouded in dense fog in the distance. Meanwhile, Yu leisurely sat on the water's surface, entering a meditative state to rest.

'So, this is the legendary Land of Blood Mist...'

Gazing at the village covered in mist several kilometers away, Yu muttered his thoughts quietly. Judging by the current level of isolation between Kirigakure and the information from other villages in the ninja world, Yu speculated that Kirigakure was likely in the stage of brutal oppression and persecution of Kekkei Genkai Ninjas under the control of Uchiha Obito, manipulating the Fourth Mizukage Yagura.

"Sigh, don't want to think too much."

"Anyway, with reliable teammates like Shisui using Body Flicker, I can just play a minor role when executing the mission."

As he contemplated, Yu withdrew his gaze and sighed. Shisui, utilizing Body Flicker, was currently risking his life inside the Village of Blood Mist to gather intelligence, while Yu comfortably rested here, giving rise to a sense of leisure.