Chapter 45: The Seven ninja swordsmen of the Mist

Second chapter for today
-----

"What?!"

As Yu and his team of five reached the border of the Land of Fire, a shocking revelation unfolded.

Inside the Hokage's office in Konohagakure, the Third Hokage stared at the intelligence report just delivered by his subordinate ninja, his expression shifting dramatically.

"Yes, Hokage-sama," the ninja on one knee before him replied, his face grave.

"The previous intel was inaccurate. There are far more Mist shinobi involved in this operation than we anticipated."

"According to our reconnaissance ninjas, it's rumored that the Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Mist , the elite of the Hidden Mist Village, are also part of this mission."

The ninja was covered in numerous wounds, arriving before the Third Hokage without tending to his injuries due to the urgency of the situation.

The Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Mist ?!

Hearing this, nearly everyone in the Hokage's office gasped in astonishment.

The Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Mist was a prestigious title in the Hidden Mist Village, not an actual organization. Each of the seven members wielded a unique blade suited to their special abilities, and their combined skills made them a formidable force for carrying out high-risk missions on behalf of the village. All of them had reached the rank of Jōnin, marking them as elite assassins.

"Are you telling me that the Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Mist are involved... So, isn't Yu, Guy, and the others who were sent out yesterday in danger?!"

It was no wonder the Third Hokage was so shocked.

What began as a simple reconnaissance mission had escalated, with the Mist sending not only a significant number of their shinobi but even the elite Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Mist themselves.

Thinking of Yu and the others who had been dispatched just yesterday, the Third Hokage's expression turned graver by the moment. These were the promising young talents of Konohagakure, especially Yu, who possessed unprecedented ninja potential in the village's history.

If something were to happen to them, it would be a significant loss for the entire village.

"Is Guy among them?"

"I'm sorry, Hokage-sama... I need to support them right away!"

Upon hearing this shocking news within the Hokage's office, a middle-aged man wearing a green jumpsuit, thick eyebrows, and a striking resemblance to Might Guy didn't wait for the Third Hokage's response. He rushed out.

"Dai? Don't act impulsively!"

Seeing the man dash out despite his attempts to stop him, the Third Hokage let out a sigh.

"It seems... it appears he's made up his mind."

"Even if it means risking his life to protect what's most important..."

...

"It seems the mission is progressing smoothly."

"We haven't encountered any Mist shinobi along the way."

Yu and his team of five had entered the dense forest at the border of the Land of Fire.

As they made their way through the shadowy forest, Genma spoke up.

"Don't let your guard down. This is the border, and we could encounter enemy shinobi from another nation at any moment."

Jumping through the dark forest, Genma warned Ebisu and the others.

Though Yu had reprimanded them the previous day, they were, after all, the Chunin ninja of the next generation from Konohagakure, and Hiruzen recognized that they possessed the basic qualities expected of ninja before giving them this mission.

"Wait!"

However, at that moment, Yu, who was leading the group, seemed to sense something. He suddenly halted.

"What's wrong, Yu?"

Seeing Yu stop abruptly, the others, including Might Guy and Kurenai Yuhi, also halted, their expressions alert as they scanned their surroundings.

Wire!

In the instant those words left Yu's mouth, he made a swift move.

With a sharp flick of his right hand, he generated a thin wire that shot out at high speed from his fingertip, much like firing a bullet.

"Bang!"

A crisp explosion echoed as the wire pierced through a nearby tree, sending wood splinters flying.

Hidden behind the tree, a Mist ninja had no chance to scream before Yu's wire pierced through their forehead, and the lifeless body dropped to the ground, landing heavily in front of the group.

"It's a Mist ninja!"

Sharp-eyed Genma spotted the headband with four water droplets engraved on the forehead, symbolizing the Mist Village.

At the same time, the four people behind him marveled at Yu's meticulous observation and astounding killing ability.

"Thanks to you, Yu..."

"Otherwise, we might not have detected the enemy's ambush."

Relieved to see Yu eliminate the hidden enemy in the forest, Kurenai Yuhi expressed her gratitude, gazing at Yu's back with appreciation.

"Be careful... There's more than one enemy."

Despite having swiftly killed one Mist ninja, Yu's expression grew more serious, not less.

"So, these little brats from Konoha actually noticed us?"

"It seems the Village Hidden in the Leaves truly lives up to its reputation as a breeding ground for geniuses."

As Yu spoke, an unfamiliar voice resonated within the dark forest.

In the stunned gazes of Might Guy, Genma, and Kurenai Yuhi, seven mysterious figures had appeared before them in the forest.

"Not good, we're surrounded..."

Genma was the first to react, but it was too late. Their escape routes had all been encircled.

"We can't get away now..."

Taking a step back and positioning himself back-to-back with Genma, Ebisu spoke nervously.

"Wait... Are these guys?"

However, at that moment, as Yu finally saw the faces of the seven ninjas before them, his pupils constricted, and his heart pounded.

"Aren't those the Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Hidden Mist?!"

Not only Yu but also Ebisu, standing beside him, recognized the identity of the seven ninjas in front of them. Fear was written all over their faces, and their voices quivered with anxiety.

"Darn it... Why are the Seven Ninjas Swordsmen of the Hidden Mist here?!"

The seven ninja standing before them, all wearing the headbands of the Hidden Mist Village and carrying distinctive ninja swords, were none other than the notorious Seven Shinobi Swordsmen of the Mist: Ameyuri Ringo, Jinin Akebino, Kushimaru Kuriarare, Jinpachi Munashi, Fuguki Suikazan, Jugo Biwa and Raiga Kurosuki

All seven of them were Jōnin-level ninja, radiating immense power and a chilling aura of death.

"Seems like even the brats from other ninja villages have heard of us. Konoha's reputation as the village of geniuses is well-deserved!"

Seeing that the young Leaf ninja had instantly recognized them, Juzo Biwa, the Executioner of the Mist, leaned on his massive decapitation sword, grinning menacingly.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter