Chapter 170: Haku

"I didn't expect Mizukage-sama to be killed right outside his own village..."

"Yeah, I heard it was done by Scarlet Yu from the Konoha Hidden Village... Who exactly is this Scarlet Yu?"

While eating the food brought to him, Yu listened to the ordinary patrons next to him discussing the incident of him killing Mizukage. He knew that this matter had become the talk of the ninja world, with even ordinary people eagerly discussing it.

"Boss, the bill."

After finishing his meal, Yu placed money on the table and hastily left the tavern. His distinctive appearance would undoubtedly attract unnecessary trouble if he stayed any longer.

"Never mind, there's no way to find them anyway..."

After leaving the tavern, with the cold wind blowing, Yu unconsciously strolled onto the large bridge in the small town.

Looking down from above, pedestrians on the street wrapped themselves in warm fur clothing, hurrying along. The lively shops on both sides of the street added a touch of liveliness to this otherwise gloomy snow day.

"It can't be this coincidental..."

Just as he was about to leave the small town, a long-haired child squatting by the bridge suddenly caught Yu's attention. Curious, he walked over.

"Big brother, do you have any food?"

Approaching the child, the little one noticed someone coming, lifted their head, and with a pair of clear and delicate eyes, timidly spoke to Yu.

Looking down at the child in front of him, dressed in ragged clothes with bare feet. The disheveled jet-black long hair couldn't conceal an exceptionally beautiful face, making it difficult to determine whether the child was a boy or a girl.

"What's your name?"

The child in front of Yu matched the image in his memory, but he still asked.

"I'm called Haku..."

The child's big, lonely eyes looked at the unfamiliar Yu, with a hint of hope in them. "Big brother, your hair color is different from mine, it's so beautiful..."

'Haku...

Finally, I've found you...'

Looking at the child before him, as pure and untainted as snow, Yu couldn't help but sigh with a touch of tenderness.

In the Water Country, unlike the Land of Fire, Kekkei Genkai is a symbol of extraordinary ninja abilities. However, under the ruthless policies of the Fourth Mizukage Yagura in the Water Country, those with Kekkei Genkai were considered ominous, cursed beings.

Haku, originally a descendant of the Yuki Clan in the Water Country, was born in a village that was constantly covered in snow. Due to the turmoil, the villagers feared and resented those with Kekkei Genkai. Haku's mother possessed Kekkei Genkai and kept this secret hidden for a long time.

Haku's family led a humble but peaceful life until it was discovered that Haku had inherited this unique ability. Haku's father, upon discovering the secret, led a group of villagers. They killed Haku's mother and, about to harm Haku, in a state of terror, Haku used Kekkei Genkai, using ice spikes to kill everyone present.

Overnight, Haku became an orphan, wandering the streets of the Water Country, begging for survival.

Due to his delicate and beautiful appearance, resembling that of a girl, with long black hair, Haku, a lovely young man, was often mistaken for a girl. Of course, in Yu's previous life, many fanfiction authors deliberately fantasized about Haku as a girl for their own harem stories. However, Haku's own accounts and official information consistently indicated that Haku is male.

Similarly, in this world, there are characters like Ranmaru and Yukimaru, who, due to their delicate and seemingly feminine appearances, are easily mistaken for girls. This, of course, is a recurring theme used by Japanese anime authors to make people laugh.

'Is it really true...?

Nobody in this world needs him'

Haku saw Yu fall into silence and sadly lowered his head.

"Haku, come with me. From today on, I will be your family."

Unexpectedly, a warm hand rested on his head, and the white-haired and handsome brother before him spoke gently.

"Do you need me?"

Haku widened his eyes, looking at Yu in disbelief. A faint glimmer of hope flickered in his desolate eyes.

'Family...'

Haku silently contemplated these two words. Since his mother was killed by his father, it was a memory he hadn't touched in a long time.

"Yeah, I need you."

Seeing the glimmer in Haku's eyes, Yu wore a gentle smile. He extended his other hand towards Haku. "Come on, get up and come with me."

"Yes!"

Looking at the hand Yu offered, Haku desperately wiped away the tears about to fall from his eyes, nodded, revealing a happy smile. He firmly grasped Yu's hand, as if seizing a world that had been just out of reach.

Pulling Haku up from the ground, Yu carefully examined the white-haired boy, who seemed to be around six years old but appeared somewhat small and thin due to prolonged malnutrition. Yu then took off his own windproof coat and draped it over Haku.

"Let's go."

Yu pushed back the straw hat on his forehead and walked down the bridge with Haku. Haku tightly held onto the coat Yu draped over him, feeling the warmth coming from it, and a happy smile appeared on his lips.

"That little brat is a tool I've taken a liking to. Do you intend to take him away like this?"

Just as they descended from the bridge, a deep voice reached Yu and Haku's ears.

Glancing slightly to the side, Yu saw a tall Ninja with bandages covering his face, wearing a Kirigakure headband diagonally. The Ninja also carried a decapitating sword on his back.

"Momochi Zabuza of Kirigakure..."

Turning slightly from beside Haku, Yu lifted his straw hat, revealing his eyes as he looked at the Ninja before him. At a glance, he recognized the identity of the individual.

Momochi Zabuza—a member of the Kirigakure Ninja village's ANBU, an outstanding master of silent assassination techniques. Zabuza, also known as the "Demon of the Hidden Mist," once single-handedly killed all the students in his year during the graduation exam where students were made to kill each other in the Blood Mist Village. This act caused a sensation in the ninja world, and the Kirigakure Ninja graduation exam underwent a change due to his actions.

"Your weapon is not the Decapitating Sword..."

"It seems you haven't inherited the title of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist in Kirigakure yet..."

Judging by the weapon carried by Zabuza in front of him, Yu speculated that he probably hadn't inherited the position of one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist, as the Decapitating Sword was still in the possession of Biwa Juzo at this time.

"Hmph, have you heard of my name?"

Zabuza was speaking, then suddenly widened his eyes as he saw Yu turning around, revealing a face he had once seen in the Ninja manual. "You... you are..."

"It seems you've recognized my identity too..."

Yu slowly removed the straw hat from his head. Unexpectedly, he had encountered Momochi Zabuza in this desolate town.

"The legendary Ninja who can stand against thousands alone—Scarlet Yu..."

"I didn't expect to encounter the murderer of the Fourth Mizukage here..."

After getting a clear look at Yu's face, Zabuza's body trembled, involuntarily tightening the Decapitating Sword on his back. He spoke with seriousness, "And it seems we have our eyes on the same tool..."

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter