Chapter 158: Body Flicker Shisui

On this day, at the border of the Land of Fire.

In the dark forest, a team of Mist Shinobi swiftly moved within it.

Leading the Mist Shinobi was a ninja with short, blue-purple hair standing on end. He wore the distinctive clothing of the Kirigakure Ninja Village, with his right eye covered by a black eye mask. Hanging from both sides of his earlobes were ornaments resembling talismans.

Ao - an elite Jonin from the Kirigakure Ninja Village, belonging to the Sensory type of ninja. However, his combat strength was outstanding as well. His right eye was equipped with a Byakugan snatched from a main family ninja of the Konoha Hyuga Clan during the Great Ninja War.

"Ao Squad Captain..."

"I didn't expect these Konoha ninjas to be so careless, so easily obtaining intelligence from them."

While swiftly advancing, one of the Mist Shinobi spoke with a triumphant tone.

"Ahhhh!"

However, in the next second, the triumphant words from this Mist Shinobi turned into a scream.

An unexpected turn of events; he and another Mist Shinobi beside him suddenly widened their eyes, as if they had seen something terrifying. Both of them clutched their heads, falling to the ground and screaming in agony.

"Damn it, you two, stay calm!"

Seeing his two comrades unexpectedly collapse behind him, the experienced Kirigakure Jonin, Ao, immediately deduced that they had fallen victim to the enemy's Genjutsu after stopping in his tracks.

"It's Genjutsu, and to think we didn't notice..."

At this point, Ao, with exceptional Sensory abilities, seemed to sense something. He abruptly turned around, forming hand seals with one hand. Veins bulged on the temple of his right cheek, activating the Byakugan implanted in his right eye!

"What is this?!"

Through the perceptive and telescopic abilities of the Byakugan, he saw the hidden Konoha Ninjas in the dark forest ahead. Ao's expression changed instantly.

In addition to three ordinary Konoha Ninjas, he also saw a pair of mysterious eyes filled with green Chakra, standing on a nearby tree and overlooking them from a high vantage point.

"It's Konoha's 'Body Flicker Shisui' from the Uchiha Clan! Retreat quickly!"

After recognizing the opponent's identity, Ao retracted the Byakugan and immediately chose to retreat.

"But... Squad Captain?!"

The remaining two Mist Shinobi beside him were momentarily stunned, not expecting that Ao, an elite Jonin, would choose to flee without a fight so decisively.

"But—"

"We're no match for him. Retreat immediately!"

Before the subordinate ninjas could fully comprehend the situation, Ao shouted sternly.

"No more questions!"

After saying this, Ao helped up the two fallen comrades, and the three Mist Shinobi swiftly exited the forest.

"Now Kirigakure should calm down for a while..."

"Regroup and report back to Hokage-sama!"

Seeing all the Mist Shinobi withdraw from the forest, the Konoha Ninjas hidden in the tall tree finally withdrew their gaze. A pair of crimson three-tomoe Sharingan eyes flickered with an eerie light in the darkness.