Chapter 172: Price For Arrogance

Tatatata...

Swiftly running away underfoot, the surroundings continuously retreated on both sides of his vision.

Activating the Body Flicker Jutsu, Zabuza blinked and arrived at the edge of the small town. Gazing ahead at the forest covered with accumulated snow, a hint of fear and relief flickered in Zabuza's eyes.

Reluctant to give up on the tool he had set his sights on, and curious to witness the strength of the ninja who had supposedly killed the Fourth Mizukage, Zabuza chose to conceal his true form and used two Water Clones to test Yu's power. If the situation turned unfavorable, he planned to immediately retreat a thousand miles away.

Unexpectedly, after the battle began, Yu not only completely ignored Zabuza's hidden in the mist Jutsu but also demonstrated mastery in Water Release Ninjutsu far surpassing his. In the blink of an eye, he annihilated Zabuza's two Water Clones.

Having witnessed the terrifying strength of Yu firsthand, Zabuza, who had successfully escaped, began to feel fortunate that he had initially chosen the tactic of hiding his true form and testing with Water Clones.

'So Terrifying...

But from such a distance, he shouldn't be able to catch up, right?'

As he was about to enter the forest covered with accumulated snow in front of him, Zabuza, who had escaped death, subconsciously looked back at the terrifying small town behind him. However, with just one glance, his pupils suddenly enlarged!

Time seemed to freeze at this moment, and everything in front of his eyes was cut apart. Zabuza's eyes were completely overwhelmed by the extreme brilliance before him.

Just a short distance away, the entire snow-covered town was cut apart by a terrifying beam of light. Zabuza hadn't even made a move to evade, and his body had already been pierced through by a huge hole!

'How... is it possible...'

In his wide-open eyes, an expression of disbelief emerged. The dreadful God-Killing Spear slowly disappeared, and Zabuza, whose heart had been pierced, fell to the snow-covered ground. His tall body stirred up the accumulated snow on the ground.

Before he could inherit the title of one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist in Kirigakure, the man known as the Demon of the Hidden Mist, Momochi Zabuza, had turned into a lifeless corpse on this desolate snowy ground.

"The entire town has been cut apart..."

"Big brother... This... What is this?!"

In the snow-covered town, all the buildings along the way were sliced in half by Yu's God-Killing Spear.

Staring at the entire town cut in two by Yu, the young and naive Haku was left with his mouth wide open, unable to speak for a while, shocked beyond words.

Although he had awakened the power of the Kekkei Genkai at a very young age, this was the first time Haku truly witnessed a ninja battle, and it had opened up a completely new and mysterious world for him.

"Just an overconfident guy..."

Ignoring the astonished and amazed gaze of Haku beside him, Yu slowly retracted his right hand that had unleashed the God-Killing Spear.

Observing the crowd and some approaching ninjas who were attracted by the commotion, he furrowed his brows slightly.

"Let's go, Haku."

As he spoke, Yu once again pulled the hat down over his head and left this small town in the Water Country, accompanied by Haku.

.....