Chapter 129: Becoming A Legend

Yu followed them back to Konoha, and the Third Great Ninja War involving the Fire, Earth, and Lightning countries finally came to a complete end.

However, the news of Yu single-handedly facing a force of ten thousand Iwa shinobi at the border of the Land of Fire swept through the entire Ninja world like a hurricane.

Scarlet Yu, whether among ninjas or an ordinary civilians, became the subject of frenzied discussions, a name that now resounded throughout the ninja realm.

Facing ten thousand opponents alone, from the Warring States period to the current era of the Five Great Nations, since the legendary times of the First Hokage Senju Hashirama and the Shinobi World Shura Uchiha Madara, there had been almost no one who could replicate such a miracle.

However, Yakushi Yu achieved it. This battle made the two words "Scarlet Yu" thoroughly become a legend in the ninja world, and stories about it began to be woven and spread in various countries.

Rumors even began circulating in the ninja world, with some claiming that the origin of Puppet Jutsu was in the Wind Country, but the most powerful puppeteer was in Konoha.

Land of Earth, Iwagakure Village.

Inside the expansive Tsuchikage office building, a suffocating oppression permeated from top to bottom.

"Ten thousand ninjas... the elite force of the entire Iwagakure!"

"And now you're telling me it ended in failure?!"

In the office, the Third Tsuchikage, Onoki, was raging, and the ninjas below trembled, afraid to speak, fearing to provoke Tsuchikage-sama's wrath.

"There was no other way..."

"After all, no one could have predicted that Scarlet Yu of Konoha would single-handedly withstand so many of our ninjas..."

At this moment, only the Elders from Iwagakure Village stood up beside him. The Elder adviser spoke sternly, holding Third Tsuchikage Onoki accountable. "And I did advise you back then..."

"Dammit..."

"Scarlet Yu... it's Scarlet Yu again!"

Third Tsuchikage Onoki, already in a bad mood, upon hearing the words of the Elder adviser from Iwagakure Village, could no longer contain his anger. He fiercely punched and shattered the entire desk in front of him.

The entire office fell silent, with only Third Tsuchikage Onoki muttering like a dormant volcano, "It's best not to let me encounter that brat again! Otherwise, I will use my Dust Release to break him down into the tiniest particles in this world!!"

Although the words were fierce, they couldn't conceal the inner pallor and powerlessness of Third Tsuchikage Onoki.

The prolonged war had depleted too many resources and forces of the Land of Earth and Iwagakure Village. The sacrifice of the Five-Tails Jinchuriki, coupled with the casualties of the ten thousand ninjas in the massive attack on the Land of Fire, painted a grim picture.

Not only Third Tsuchikage Onoki, but everyone present knew deep down that they were powerless to continue the war. The tide had turned, and the only way out now was to follow the example of the defeated Sand Village and accept Konoha's terms for a peace treaty.

The Third Great Ninja War, an extension of the Second Great Ninja War, finally came to an end. And Scarlet Yu of Konoha happened to be the key figure in bringing this war to a close.

In this protracted ninja war, some sacrificed their lives, while others gained fame. The battlefield was such, forever a cruel yet enticing graveyard.

The flames of war in the ninja world gradually subsided.

However, the seeds of darkness were germinating in the shadows.

The Land of Rain, once ruled by the 'Half-God' Hanzo of the Salamander, was now firmly under the control of someone using absolute force.

Inside a dark rocky cave in the Land of Rain, several mysterious figures flickered like ghostly lights. The dark-red clouds on their black cloaks emitted an ominous and disastrous aura.

"Scarlet Yu? Hmph, utterly meaningless..."

"Thinking that by stealing Sand's Puppet Jutsu and the Human Puppet Forbidden Jutsu I left behind, one can become the strongest puppeteer?"

As the name of Scarlet Yu echoed throughout the entire ninja world during this period, a seemingly emotionless teenager, aged fifteen or sixteen, muttered to himself.

With slightly curled red hair, deep and dark eyes, and a young and delicate face that appeared hollow and numb like a puppet, he continued, "Don't ever let me encounter that kid, or I will definitely kill him, turning him into my puppet, making him understand the true meaning of eternal art."

This young and handsome-looking teenager is none other than Sasori of the Red Sand, an S-rank defector from Sand Village and a genius puppet user, considered to be at the pinnacle of puppeteers.

Clearly, the recent meteoric rise of Scarlet Yu in the ninja world has started to make Sasori feel an unprecedented threat to his position as the strongest puppeteer.

"Sasori, the organization has just been revitalized..."

"You were one of the earliest members to join. There is a lot of work waiting for you."

At this moment, a deep and resonant voice spoke, and a young ninja standing opposite Sasori began to address him.

With short orange hair and an initially handsome face adorned with peculiar black markings, his strange purple eyes displayed concentric ripples like a cycle of reincarnation, exuding a daunting sense of oppression.

Beside him stood a charming female ninja with a cold expression and silent eyes. She had blue-purple hair, adorned with a small white flower, and her gaze seemed to hide profound sorrow and sadness.

"I've heard about that Scarlet Yu recently..."

"It's not a good thing for a ninja to attract too much attention in the village. The ultimate result will only be ostracism and slander from mediocre individuals."

Feeling Sasori of the Red Sand's discontent in front of him, the young man with the purple ripple eyes spoke again, "The essence of the ninja world is inherently dirty. Perhaps that guy might have a chance to become our comrade in the future."

"Hmph, that ignorant brat wouldn't qualify to be our comrade."

"Don't even mention that Sand won't let him go; the ninjas from Iwagakure and Hidden Cloud who want to kill him are numerous."

At these words, Sasori of the Red Sand disdainfully snorted, as if he suddenly remembered something. Then, he changed the topic, "But I heard that Orochimaru, one of the Three Sannin, that guy failed in competing for the position of the Fourth Hokage. It seems he's not doing well in Konoha. If it's him, he might reluctantly qualify to join our organization."

"Orochimaru of the Three Sannin? Indeed, he's a good candidate..."

"In that case, in a while, write a letter to him, let him know that our organization has something he might be interested in, and see if he'll agree to meet."

Upon hearing Sasori's words, the young man with purple rippled eyes nodded solemnly. Beneath his cold and numb expression was a soul that had endured pain and loss. "Once the members of the organization are gathered, we'll proceed with the plans for the first and second steps."

"Because only when people experience pain do they long for and desire peace. It's time to make the world feel the agony."

----
Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter