Chapter 64: Special Summon

Anko?

Upon hearing Uzuki Yugao's words and recalling the frustrated appearance of Mitarashi Anko, Yu couldn't help but smile.

But... did that little brat Anko really become Orochimaru's disciple?

However, when he thought about the Orochimaru he encountered today and compared it to the immense gap in strength, a trace of gloom still crept into Yu's heart.

Certainly, Yu possessed the ability of the Thread Fruit and did not neglect training in the power system of the Shinobi world. Having the strength to confront and defeat Jonin at such a young age, in the eyes of anyone, he was a genius ninja with limitless potential.

But how did Yu see himself?

Aren't there many geniuses in the Shinobi? How many can survive until the final Great Ninja War? Unlike other anime, the power system in Naruto experiences a discontinuous growth in the later stages.

In the early stages, perhaps Jonin and Kage-level ninjas would be an undeniable force to reckon with. However, as it progressed to the later stages, what difference did it make for Kage and slightly more powerful ordinary individuals when facing Six Paths-level bosses?

Looking at the entire original work, only Naruto Uzumaki and Uchiha Sasuke, the two inheritors of the Six Paths, could completely ignore logic, power up inexplicably, and directly confront opponents at the Six Paths level.

But Yu didn't have the so-called protagonist aura, nor did he have an ancestor like the Sage Six Paths. Therefore, Yu wouldn't place his hopes on these elusive things.

Before the Final Great Ninja War, which would come a dozen years later, what lay before Yu were the ranks of Kage, Super Kage, the pinnacle of the ninja world like Hashirama and Madara, and the Six Paths Level. He needed to overcome these levels relying on his own strength.

The higher the realm, the harder it was to train. So, even if he became a Jonin at the age of seven, what did it matter? Was the time left for him truly generous?

"Hey! It's Yu!"

Walking silently with Uzuki Yugao, a familiar voice echoed from the nearby street.

"Guy?"

Yu snapped out of his thoughts and looked to see Might Guy vigorously waving at him from across the street. Standing next to Guy were Shiranui Genma and Ebisu.

"Hey... Yu!"

Ignoring Yu's reluctant gaze, Might Guy, dressed in a tight green jumpsuit, dashed over as if he had discovered something extraordinary, his attention fixed on Uzuki Yugao beside Yu.

"This can't be your girlfriend, can it?!"

"Uh... This is Uzuki Yugao... she's..."

Feeling Yugao blushing beside him, Yu was about to explain.

"This is—so touching!!!"

But what left Yu speechless was that Might Guy in front of him was already moved to tears.

"Talent surpassing Kakashi's! And having such a beautiful girlfriend!"

"Is this what they call youth?!"

This guy...

Suppressing the urge to kick Might Guy away, Yu's twitching mouth didn't stop.

Take your youth away from me!

And what are you getting all emotional about? I don't even have a girlfriend!

"Um... Yu."

At that moment, Shiranui Genma and Ebisu approached. "We were planning to go for barbecue. Why don't you bring your girlfriend along? It's also a chance for us to thank you for saving our lives on the last mission and celebrate your promotion to Special Jonin."