Chapter 148: Three Years Later

After capturing Yamato and taking him away bound, Yu accompanied The Third and others to attend the inauguration meeting at the Land of Fire Daimyo's residence.

"There's no choice; we deeply regret the premature passing of the Fourth Hokage."

"But the burden of the entire Konoha is still most suitable for Third Hokage."

In the spacious conference hall, the Land of Fire Daimyo, with a gentle demeanor, sat at the top, holding a fan and looking at Hiruzen.

Speaking, the Land of Fire Daimyo's gaze fell on Yu, standing beside Hiruzen. A hint of curiosity appeared in his eyes. "Who is this young man?"

With sword-like eyebrows and starry eyes, fair skin, and a set of black ninja attire accentuating his handsome and ethereal appearance, with his young age, he could stand beside the Third Hokage. His imposing aura was far from ordinary ninjas.

Not only the Land of Fire Daimyo but also the various ministers of the Land of Fire present felt very curious about Yu's identity.

As all eyes in the room fell on Yu beside him, Hiruzen smiled faintly and began to introduce.

"He's Yakushi Yu, whom I introduced to you at the last meeting..."

"He's a disciple I took in after Tsunade and Jiraiya, please forgive any shortcomings."

"Oh? Third's disciple, Yakushi Yu?"

"Could it be the Scarlet Yu that the entire ninja world is talking about?"

Upon hearing Third's introduction, the Land of Fire Daimyo's eyes lit up.

"So it's him!!"

"To think we only realize today, he's such a young lad!!"

"Unbelievable... so this youth is the legendary ninja who single-handedly faced thousands on the battlefield!"

Instantly, the ministers of the Land of Fire present began to whisper among themselves. Indeed, after several battles in the Third Great Ninja War that shook the ninja world, Yu had been depicted as a monster who could sweep through the battlefield with a height of two or three meters with ease.

Unexpectedly, the legendary ninja who single-handedly defeated the Third Raikage and faced tens of thousands in battle turned out to be this young, handsome, and extraordinary youth.

"Daimyo and everyone else, you are giving me too much credit."

Feeling the gaze of everyone in the room on him, Yu appeared indifferent.

At the same time, Yu's gaze secretly assessed the Land of Fire Daimyo in front of him — the man who theoretically held the greatest power in the Land of Fire.

Wearing an exquisite kimono, with androgynous features and a peculiar way of speaking, often using a woman's fan to cover his mouth, the Land of Fire Daimyo rarely appeared in the anime. However, in terms of the hierarchy, his position was even higher than the Hokage of Konoha.

The world of Naruto follows a structure where ninja are nurtured by feudal lord Daimyo families in a system inherited from ancient Japan. The Land of Fire Daimyo, theoretically the ruler of the entire country, nurtures the Konoha Ninja Village as both a military and intelligence organization. The Hokage is the leader of this military and intelligence organization.

Essentially, ninjas and samurais are the same. However, the samurai system in this world has declined, while the ninja system has grown stronger, leading to the significant position it holds now. The Hokage can almost sit on equal footing with the Daimyo.

"Having such outstanding ninjas..."

"Under Third's leadership, I believe the future of the Land of Fire and Konoha will undoubtedly become stronger."

Nodding with great satisfaction and retracting his gaze, the Land of Fire Daimyo spoke affirmatively to Hiruzen.

Following this was a lengthy and somewhat tedious discussion, filled with clichés. Ultimately, it was decided that Hiruzen would come out of retirement to continue serving as the Hokage of Konoha until the selection of the next, the Fifth Hokage.

Shortly thereafter, back in Konoha, Hiruzen 's decisions unfolded just as Yu had anticipated — issuing verbal warnings to Danzo, taking away the only Wood Release ninja, Yamato, from the Root organization, and ordering the dissolution of Root.

However, Yu knew that, in reality, it didn't make much difference. The essence of Root was the 'ANBU Training Department' of Konoha, a separate organization directly under the control of Konoha elder Shimura Danzo. It operated independently, not under the Hokage's jurisdiction nor under the oversight of the ANBU.

Therefore, despite the nominal order to disband the organization, the vast underground influence of Root still persisted, and all the ninjas loyal to Danzo continued to serve him faithfully.

However, as a result, the Root organization ninjas who were originally active in Konoha all shifted from the public eye to the darker underground.

...

Time flew by, and in the blink of an eye, it was the 51st year of Konoha.

The smoke of war gradually dissipated, and the ninja world seemed to be entering a period of peaceful development. Even the Land of Lightning's Hidden Cloud Ninja Village, which had initially advocated for war, reluctantly accepted Konoha's proposed peace terms after the death of the Third Raikage and countless ninja sacrifices. They, too, signed a peace agreement with Konoha, officially declaring the end of the Third Great Ninja War.

On this day, in a deserted canyon behind Konoha, a vast purple Ninjutsu barrier covered the area. Outside the barrier, the canyon was peaceful with the sound of birds and the fragrance of flowers, but inside, there were continuous violent explosions.

"Space Transfer!!"

"Pressure Cannon!!"

Activating the abilities of the Paw Fruit, the surrounding air was instantly displaced. The imposing figure of Tyrant, large and burly, instantly enveloped Yu. With a ripple effect resembling bear paw patterns, a massive hand fiercely slammed down, unleashing a shockwave that blasted everything away!

"Color of Arms: Hardening!!"

"Dragon Claw!!"

Facing the terrifying speed and immensely powerful bear paw shockwave of Tyrant's instantaneous movement, Yu's hands instantly darkened. He raised his hands and forcefully unleashed a massive Dragon Claw!

"Boom!"

The air in front of him crazily dispersed like ripples. With Yu's incredibly powerful Taijutsu and Armament Haki, he directly clashed with Tyrant's Pressure Cannon. The ground beneath their feet was torn apart by the tremendous forces.

"Ice Block: Pheasant Beak!!"

Before he could catch his breath, Yu's Observation Haki keenly sensed the crisis from behind. The temperature of the surrounding air suddenly dropped, and Toshogun, transformed into the Devil of Ice, threw a punch from a distance. A massive and brilliant ice bird exploded, freezing and sealing his retreat path, while the explosive force engulfed Yu entirely!

"Crackle!"

In the air, a dazzling display of thunder and lightning flashed. Just as Yu, seemingly consumed by the ice burst, disappeared into the explosion, he transformed into a streak of lightning and vanished from his original position.

"Lightning Body Flicker!" — Yu employed a NinTaijutsu similar to that of the Third Raikage, utilizing his potent Lightning Release Chakra to activate the Body Flicker Jutsu, achieving the effect of high-speed movement. This was one of the results of Yu's training over the past three years.

"Magnet Release: Iron Sand Assault!"

However, just as Yu finished using the Lightning Body Flicker and landed, countless black poisonous Iron Sand particles permeated the air. Michael, positioned on the side, had already formed a massive Iron Sand triangular cone in midair, spinning like an electric drill and ruthlessly crashing towards him!

----
Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter