Chapter 36

Devils are Not Born,

 They are Made by the Reasons

She closed her phone and stepped off the train, a wide smile on her face. Unaware of the tension that awaited her at home.

She had many thoughts lingering in her mind but the most important thought was to convey the good news to Dylan. She was extremely happy and excited to tell him. She ran towards her house. 
Running with a bright smile along the dark streets of the house, the girl looked like a glowworm in the ocean of darkness.
Soon, she reached the doorstep of the house and she knocked on it screaming," Dylan! I'm back!"
But, she didn't get any response. She was confused but without delaying, she removed her keys and opened the door.
With wide eyes fixed on Dylan, she cautiously approached the living room couch where he sat, sobbing bitterly with his hands covering his face. She tentatively patted his back.
Dylan was breathing heavily leaving heavy and painful moans while sobbing.
She slowly whispers," Hey! Dylan, What happened?"
Hearing her whispers, Dylan slowly lifted his face which was buried in his palms.
He slowly looks towards Hannah.
Hannah was too thrilled to say anything. His eyes were all bloodshot and swollen. His face was fully tear-soaked and scrunched up. The sound of wailing and suffering echoed throughout the house.
Hannah slowly with her tiny palms cupped Dylan's cheeks and wiped his tears. She slowly asks in a stunned tone," What happened, Dylan?"
Suddenly, Dylan grabs her wrist and holds on tightly, just like a frightened child holding onto their mother's hands.
Hannah sees him and responds while caressing his hands.
Dylan slowly says while sobbing," I've lost myself, Hannah. I've lost my powers."
Hannah was thrilled to know that, she asked," How? When? Why? "
"I don't know," Dylan said while tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at Hannah.
"This can't happen, Try it again! Try to regain your powers, Dylan!" Hannah says in a loud voice trying to boost courage in Dylan.
"I tried, I've been trying since morning, I'm not able to! Hannah! I'm a mere human now! Like you!" Dylan yelled at her and again started sobbing bitterly covering his face with his hands.
Hannah was surprised to see Dylan again in his old form. It reminded her of the beast, she had met earlier. She could see the rising of the beast in him again.
She was scared, once again.
But, she wanted to save her friend, Dylan but not the beast. She with shaking hands patted his back and whispered," Dyla-n, D-ylan"
Hearing her fumble, He slowly shifts his gaze towards her. It was once again vacant.
She again cupped his face and wiped his tears.
"Isn't this an achievement for you, Dylan? You aren't trapped in the mirror again. Isn't that a better power you gained instead of the ones you possessed?"
Dylan shifts his dark orbs towards Hannah and sees her with tears- welled-up eyes.
"See Dylan, Try to see the brighter, positive side, Dylan," Hannah says while consoling the crying soul.
"Sometimes, we have to lose something precious in order to gain something Priceless. Right?" Hannah adds while wiping his tears and giving him a gentle smile.
Dylan had stopped crying, He was influenced by Hannah's words. He slowly nods in agreement.
"Is it not good to be a human again? Unlike the beast you were? Isn't it good to live lives just like normal beings, once again?" Hannah asks in a gentle tone.
Dylan slowly removes her hand from his cheeks and while caressing her hand, he utters," It just reminds me of my childhood. How cheerfully I used to play and run throughout this house." 
"Then, What happened?" Hannah asks curiously.
"I was engulfed by guilt, loneliness and darkness, Hannah. I fear those the most for I had the best mother in my life who taught me to always be a cheerful, bright child," Dylan said in a sad tone.
Hannah looks at him with love in her eyes. She pitied him. She slowly says," How did that happen, Dylan?"
"When I was a child, I never experienced loneliness, darkness, fear, or tears. I was blessed with a loving mother who never let me feel alone or sad.
Unfortunately, my parents divorced when my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer.
 My father refused to take care of me, so my mother and I lived alone in our house
. Despite our love for each other, it seems that this love eventually turned into guilt." Dylan says with an ironic smile.
Hannah nodded and with curious eyes, she looked at him.
After taking a deep breath, He again utters," It was my 19th Birthday, I had got a huge amount of money from my job. Happily, I came home in search of my mom. I thought with that princely sum of money, I would be able to buy her a suitable treatment. How foolish of me!!!
I came home and knocked on the door but.....
No one opened for me. 
I removed the Keys and opened the door. And, next what I saw was just-" Dylan bursts into tears.
"A-wful. My mother lay there in the living room. I was shaken to my bone. I ran towards her and started shaking her in order to wake her up. With a hope of opening her eyes, one last time for me.
But, she never did. She was just gone forever. I wasn't able to digest that fact. I was devasted. I had no friends, no family, and no one in this world left.  Only this house and guilt were with me.
I was just so late for my mother.
Later, one day I found some documents in my mother's closet. I was shocked to see those.
My mother ha-d stop-ped her tre-atment in m-id term for she had to p-ay for my c-ollege." Dylan stutters with tears streaming down his face. 
Hannah was shocked to know his past. She also had tears in her eyes.
"That was the time, I was left all alone. I had a keen desire to meet my mother. I desired to die. But, I couldn't, I just couldn't get guts that time. 
I was surrounded by a mist of darkness, All alone with just guilt and sadness in my inner soul.
I couldn't even know when my Darkness started engulfing me.
As time passed, I started getting trapped in the mirror. It was my Darkness, that trapped me." Dylan ends with a release of painful tears from his red eyes.

Hannah was taken aback. She was stunned to know his story. She could estimate the amount of his sadness. But somehow with teary eyes she wiped his tears and tried consoling him by patting his shoulder," You're not alone, Dylan. I'm there. That's all in the past, Dylan."
Hearing that, Dylan slowly focuses on her and stutters," Won't you ever leave me? Just like the stars?"
Hannah just nods and says," Never"
Hearing that, Dylan felt the burden of loneliness lifted up from his shoulders.
He just hugs Hannah tightly and slowly he whispers," Thank you, Princess."
Hearing that Hanah caresses his back.

A/N:- Big, Boom chapter!!! Right?

THANK YOU

HEHEHEHE