Chapter 39

After the car came to a stop, Dylan got out and went around to the passenger side to open the door for Hannah. Her heart was racing with anticipation.
"Such a gentleman," Hannah teased Dylan.
 "I must be," he replied with a smile as he closed her door.
 Hannah walked towards the company building, and as they reached the entrance, she stopped to admire the stars twinkling in the dark sky.
 "Today is a significant day," Hannah said to herself. She was very nervous because today was the day she was going to introduce Dylan to her friends. Taking a couple of deep breaths, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the peace of the night
. When she opened her eyes, she saw Dylan standing beside her, admiring her. She looked at him.
And he asked, "Shall we?" while linking his arm with hers.
 Hannah nodded in response, and they walked towards the entrance of the building together.

Soon, they reached the hall of the party. Dylan had a serious expression on his face. His arms were not stable, they started shivering. He was nervous to see such a crowd after so long. His arms were cold.
"Don't succumb to anxiety, Dylan. I'm here" Hannah consoles him while tightening the grip of their linked arms.
Dylan looks towards Hannah and tries to be calm. He smiled looking at her and they both started walking towards their table.

"There" Hannah whispers to Dylan while pointing towards her friends.
"Oh," Dylan says while walking towards them.
They both reached their table. Blake had already arrived there and there was no trace of Jennie there.
Blake slowly shifts his gaze towards Hannah. Then his gaze shifts to the towering figure who stood beside me.
Blake stood up and walked towards them. 
"Isn't Jennie here yet?" Hannah asks Blake while unlinking her hands from Dylan.
"Nah" Blake replies and sees suspiciously towards Dylan.
"Who is h-" Blake asks and before he can complete his sentence, Hannah speaks up," Dylan! He is Dylan."
"And this is Blake" Hannah introduces to Dylan.
Dylan introduced himself by extending his hand for a handshake. "Hello, I'm Hannah's friend," he said. Blake shook his hand and replied, "I'm also Hannah's friend." Hannah looked nervous as she watched them both.
After a moment of silence, Blake spoke up in a bold tone, "Would you like to grab a drink?" Hannah quickly spoke up for Dylan, "He can't drink much."
Dylan, feeling challenged, asked Hannah, "Who said I can't drink much, Princess?" This made her feel giddy inside. Blake whispered to himself, "Princess, huh?"
Dylan then proposed to Blake, "Let's grab a drink, Buddy." Hannah, feeling uneasy, pulled Dylan aside and asked, "What's with you, Dylan?"
 He replied, "He's just challenging me. Don't worry, I won't drink much," as he headed towards the liquor counter.

"You like Hannah, Right?" Blake asks Dylan
"Hmm, And you like Jennie, right?"Dylan asks.
"How do you know that?" Blake asks while looking at him with suspicious eyes.
"Hannah told" Dylan replies while sipping the liquor.
"Damn!" Blake exclaims.
Listening to that Dylan chuckles.
"So, let's get to the point," Blake says in a serious tone.
"mmm, What's the point?" Dylan asks while shifting his gaze towards him.
"Dylan, See, Hannah is a very fragile girl but she always acts as if she is a tough one. Deep down, she longs for love, warmth and what not. I  hope that you can give her those things what she needs the most. Just don't be with her as a time pass or anything." Blake directs.
"I would give her everything, she needs. I promise." Dylan assured Blake with confidence.
"I genuinely think you're a good guy. I can trust you with Hannah. But be sure to not break my trust! Or else no one will be worse than me." Blake warned him and gulped a whole glass of liquor.
"You're trusting a good person, Blake. I'll never leave her. If I ever did that then, that would be the day when I die." Dylan says while sipping on his drink.
Blake looks at him and slowly puts his one hand onto his shoulder taking him in a side hug.
"Thank you for being with Hannah at this crucial time. I was worried sick for her as she would be left alone after I confess to Jennie, Today." Blake whispers to Dylan and casts a smile.
"You're gonna confess, today? All the best buddy!" Dylan encourages him and hugs him back.
Blake nods and with a smile, they started walking towards Hannah who was loitering at the entrance of the hall waiting for Jennie.

"Hannah!" Blake calls her and Dylan was standing beside him.
Hannah rushes towards them.
"He is really a good guy," Blake says while punching his chest and goes near Hannah's ears.
"He is really a good guy, Never ever leave him." He whispered into her ears. 
Hearing that Hannah smiled and nodded in agreement.
Then, he started going towards his table.
Dylan comes towards Hannah and asks," What did he say? In you ears?"
"That's a secret!" Hannah replies and intertwines her fingers with him.
"Hasn't Jennie arrived yet?" Dylan asks.
"Nope" Hannah responds while dialling her number.
"Today is a big day for her, Right?" Dylan asks
"Why do you say so?" Hannah asks.
"Blake is gonna propose her!" Dylan replies making Hannah look at him with wide eyes.
"What? Woah!!!! Finally!!!!" Hannah yells loudly making everyone stare at her.
"I'm so sorry!" Dylan says for Hannah.
"Are you a stupid?" Dylan questions.
Hannah nods while smiling like an idiot.
"Finally, he is gonna confess!" Hannah squeaks making Dylan chuckle.

As they were walking towards their seats, someone grabbed Hannah's hand tightly. She turned back and saw a stunning woman in a yellow silk gown with her hair flowing down her bare back and her slender arms covered by her veil-like sleeves. Her brown eyes contrasted beautifully with her dress, and her rosy lips added to her princess-like appearance.
"Woah! Wife- I mean Jennie! You look gorgeous." Hannah comments while admiring her from head to toe.
"Who is he, now?" Jennie asks while looking at Dylan.
"I'm Dylan," Dylan says
"Whatever his name is, Who is he to you? And why the fuck are you holding his hand?" Jennie asks Hannah in a possessive tone.
"He is my friend," Hannah replies.
"Come with me" Jennie commands and starts walking towards the liquor counter.
Both followed her. 
"Not you, Only You!" Jennie instructs while pointing towards Hannah.
Hannah was once again nervous. She slowly leaves Dylan and says," I'll be back soon. Don't worry, Dylan." 
Jennie goes towards them and pulls Hannah to the counter.
There she ordered 2 beers.
"Who is he? Is he trustworthy?" Jennie asks with concern.
"He is my friend. Dylan. And he is very nice." Hannah replies.
"Are you sure, Hannah?" Jennie asks in a soft tone.
Hannah nods in agreement.
"Hannah, It's really very tough decision to choose someone. You've to be really careful in choosing someone. You can't make anyone your friend. He should be trustworthy, loyal, humble and what not. How can you be so careless ?" Jennie asks while sipping the beer.
"Don't you trust me, Jennie?" Hannah asks.
Jennie shifts her gaze towards Hannah and says," I trust you, Hannah. But not others." 
"He is really a good person. Have trust in me and him." Hannah assures Jennie.
Jennie looks at her.
"I promise, he is nice," Hannah says while gulping her beer.
"I'll trust you, Hannah!" Jennie says and hugs her.

Then, both of them walked towards Dylan who was looking outside the window.

"Hello, here Jennie." Jennie greets him.
"Dylan" Dylan introduces himself to her.
"Never ever leave Hannah or else see what will happen," Jennie warns him while whispering into his ears.
Dylan nods and assures her by saying," I'll never leave her. I promise"
Hearing his answer Jennie started walking towards her seat.
"What did she say to you? In your ear?" Hannah asks Dylan.
"It's a secret," Dylan says and makes her laugh.

A/N:- So, are you guys ready for the confession of Blake and Jennie?"

THANK YOU

HEHEHE